Clown Car

Guest Grandad

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I'm expecting a mad rant at the fans saying our negativity lead to the Star writing this article. 

Still makes me laugh that the fans supposedly cost the club an 8 figure sponsor sum. 

Biggest load of bo11ocks I've ever read/heard. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

All the people I know that have had dealings with him reckon he's a right t.wat, not this naive fool some believe him to be.

Haven't loads, upon loads of staff left since he took over? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

All the people I know that have had dealings with him reckon he's a right t.wat, not this naive fool some believe him to be.

all the people I know that left,  might agree with both and some

• Like 1

Does he retain any real support among the fanbase these days? 

I'd like to think OT is a reasonable barometer of such thing, but I'm wary that a lot of fans don't tend to delve quite so much into the club politics as many do on here. 

I mean, the ultimate currency for any football club is the results on the pitch, right? 

If a team is churning out the goods on the pitch, then you'll get plenty of fans who will perhaps discount some of the off field issues. I think that's a reasonably fair statement. 

The fact is, we have been absolute dogger on the pitch now for four seasons straight and this season is going to end with us in League bloody One. 

That is just beyond inept. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

That bit of the article sounded like it was trying to save a bit of face, almost like it was pre-empting some insane rant from Chansiri towards the Star, and that he wanted to avoid any accusation of it being a hatchet job piece.

Which is fair enough. I think the Sheffield Star have been weak during this clubs prior troubles, specifically with regards to the Dave Allen years, but this is a good article. Credit where it’s due. That particular defence of Chansiris character however doesn’t really wash. 

• Like 7