Clown Car

Guest Grandad

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Excellent summary.

Wouldnt also like to add that it's great to see one of the local journos stick their head above the parapet. 

I have the odd crack at them, in good humour I hope, but they walk a tight-rope reporting on club affairs. For them it's a tricky balancing act.

Getting club news is their bread and butter, and highlighting wrong doings and farcical situations at the risk of that has scared many into conformity over the years. 

I applaud Alex for this piece and for getting it out there to a wide audience who, as SiJ correctly says, might not always be fully aware.

Nice try Alex but I'm afraid the Clown analogy rests with you my friend. Swinging your legs around wildly repeatedly falling over on the floor. All quite funny in terms of take downs. Yet, have you managed to land even one serious kick to the balls that could send DC spinning ? I think not ! 

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Who is this goal scorer that wanted to see out his career with the club? 

It's referring to Fletcher.

It's probably the only part of the article I disagree with. I don't believe for a second Fletcher wanted to stay at Wednesday. He knew he wouldn't get the deal he wanted and Stoke were happy to pay his wages.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It's referring to Fletcher.

It's probably the only part of the article I disagree with. I don't believe for a second Fletcher wanted to stay at Wednesday. He knew he wouldn't get the deal he wanted and Stoke were happy to pay his wages.

I've not got much time for Fletcher tbh. 

A decent player, but we all know what he was up to when he got "injured" after the last season restarted. 

Once again though, we put ourselves in that position by allowing a player to get into the last 6 months of his contract. 

Last night we will have had several in the same position who are likely to leave in the summer. 

Hardly a surprise we are on the brink of relegation with a team who look like they couldn't give a throw. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Django said:

When relegation is confirmed surely we can expect more of this type of inquest from local journalists

You'd hope so. At which stage the club will no doubt label all journalists as "fake news media" and enemies of the state........ lol

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I disagree. Although I agree with what Alex Miller says, the article tells me nothing new. 

I think most peoples reaction to it being a "great article" stems from a journalist having the balls (at last) to write a more scathing piece about the calamitous running of the club. Not because it was strewn with stuff we weren't already painfully aware of.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Why do you disagree then?

I’ve no agenda against Miller, he’s a good up and coming journalist; I just think he’s ranting like we do on here. It’s an opinion I wholeheartedly agree with but the article is just an opinion piece and there’s no journalistic rigour about the piece at all. 

Neil (@OwlsTalk) created a thread the other week that chronologically listed all of Chansiri’s decisions; the opening post that Neil created for that thread was miles better than this article of Millers. 

• Like 2

I’m curious about the suggestion that Chansiri  has been very generous to the staff during the pandemic, with a little help from furlough no doubt, and that there is a long list of people who have worked for/with him that vouch for his character. I’m not doubting that it’s true but it doesn’t alter the fact that he’s been a complete disaster for the club. 

• Like 1

No real news, but a journalist who has decided to stop kissing arse with the club. Pardon the remark but, aren't journos supposed to do that anyhow ? This is no great watergate moment. This should have been done two years ago.

I agree with shandypants comment above wholeheartedly

Time for the media to stop sucking his ******** and dig into the situation. Paxo for one ?Why did we lose our CEO ? The books ?  Even the bloody boiler house for the pitch.

And they keep quiet ?  For what ?  So they can get into the game free and enjoy a prawn sandwich for nowt ?

• Like 2
  • Love 1