Clown Car

Guest Grandad

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

All I can think of is the £100m+ that the  fans cost the club.

Look at the silver linings. I'm almost certain DC could have turned that £100m in revenue into £300m more debt.........

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Good article!

The next one needs to be on how DC can start to repair some of this mess!

Piaxo out! CEO and director of football in!

If Chansiri could get us back to square one within the 10 year timeframe, it'd be an achievement in itself.  (Still, Hillsborough was nice while we owned it)

I wouldn't put my money on it though.  He has learnt nothing that I can see.  

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby

Since Sheffield Star and local radio stood silent while our club was being destroyed from within.

Pearson was right. Local media craven.

They knew about Doyen and Bin Laden for example and said nowt.Also transfer bans.

Just to pay mortgages on mansions in Millhouses.

This article is way, way too late.

And crap. Any decent journo would have got Katrien ,even off record, by now.

Edited by Hornsby

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Since Sheffield Star and local radio stood silent while our club was being destroyed from within.

They knew about Doyen and Bin Laden for example and said nowt.Also transfer bans.

SPOT ON, ABSOLUTEY SPOT ON !!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grandad said:

A brilliant article by Alex Miller. Finally one of the local journos has had the balls to tell it how it is

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/alex-miller-sheffield-wednesday-has-been-a-clown-car-for-too-long-and-now-it-has-crashed-3170737

Brilliant article, glad they have posted something on this level. Shows that at least the opinion of many, see how Chansiri reacts to this piece. According to Star, not worth losing. 

It's good to see an article like this in terms of the wider audience it will reach. Many of us have been aware for a long time just what a mess the club is in. This article will help to show others. It shines a light on the mistakes, even if it doesn't name the person responsible for a lot of them. I know the buck stops with DC but he's either being advised and ignoring it or he's following bad advice. He said himself he doesn't really know how to run a club when he took over. He hasn't learned from any of his mistakes, he hasn't capitalised on any of his successes. Until we know the reason for that and remove it from the equation we will continue to fail. 

Well done to Alex for writing this piece. I know he posts and reads on here so hopefully he will be taking pleasure in the positive reaction. More power to him. 

• Like 3

Chansiri needs to just step away now and employ people who have a proven track record of working within football and allow them to steer the club in the right direction.

A director of football who has previously been a player would be a good start.

All communication needs to be handed over to someone else too. DC is just a disaster  due to his message being lost in translation. 

If he really does care about the club he'll admit his failings and step away 

Great article, fair play to Alex and the Star for getting stuff like this out there.

I for one am looking forward to the day we're relegated and seeing the DC press conference where he lays down fire to all and sundry, blaming everyone but himself for this mess, making convoluted points and contradicting things that he said only a few months previously.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fuming with his running of the club but I'm looking forward to it in the same way it's funny to watch a child fall over or a good rubberneck at something on the opposite carriageway of the M1. Might as well get some enjoyment out of this situation 

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

No they wouldn't

It's not 'crap' at all - it's a decent honest forthright shining a light on the devastation

Attacking local sports writers for doing their job is beyond pathetic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Great work by Alex.

I think the media finally said enough is enough after the Huddersfield game. I hope every single media outlet sacrifices their 'privilege' of an 8 hour press call with our Supreme Leader every 6 months to actually start holding him accountable for his appalling decisions. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No they wouldn't

It's not 'crap' at all - it's a decent honest forthright shining a light on the devastation

Attacking local sports writers for doing their job is beyond pathetic

I'd argue he now needs our support for in fact breaking the mold, he's put a lot on the line publishing that. Given he's a local sports writer.