Darren Moore

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

If DM loses the majority of the remaining games, his confidence will surely take a knock too. He’s hardly going to start the next season brimming with enthusiasm. 

he made his bed when taking the job so I’ve little sympathy for him, but I just can’t see what he was thinking. He’s probably convinced DC that he could keep us up and at the same time, DC probably promised his full support 

Well we’re a bigger club than Donny and pay more money by some way I’d imagine so that’s probably what he’s thinking.

I bet DC is pretty desperate by now and wants to stay up badly because he will lose millions more when we go down. Can just imagine the interview where he will have asked ‘do you think you can keep us up’ and Moore will have pointed to when he took over at West Brom 10 points adrift, got manager of the month for April but went down by 5 points anyway. He’d be saying that if he does the same here then we’d have a chance, which we would have as we were 7 points adrift with 2 games in hand.

Unfortunately losing to Rotherham is the final nail in the coffin. I bet DC’s expectations were survival when he appointed him so if we go down with a whimper I can see him getting sacked too

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well we’re a bigger club than Donny and pay more money by some way I’d imagine so that’s probably what he’s thinking.

I bet DC is pretty desperate by now and wants to stay up badly because he will lose millions more when we go down. Can just imagine the interview where he will have asked ‘do you think you can keep us up’ and Moore will have pointed to when he took over at West Brom 10 points adrift, got manager of the month for April but went down by 5 points anyway. He’d be saying that if he does the same here then we’d have a chance, which we would have as we were 7 points adrift with 2 games in hand.

Unfortunately losing to Rotherham is the final nail in the coffin. I bet DC’s expectations were survival when he appointed him so if we go down with a whimper I can see him getting sacked too

Another pay off another manager, a game to DC, destroying our club. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Why strange. Will someone.please back up their dismay, disbelief, astonishment with a why? Why was it strange to take off an attacking midfielder and replace them with a defender after a defender was sent off ?

Because Penney is a feeble excuse of a footballer...a defender who can’t defend and half the time can’t be arsed to t4y and defend...him and Palmer..two home grown thru the academy merchants..seem to be lazy..that should be a worry

6 hours ago, Kameron said:

No what’s depressing is blinkered supposed supports like you who sit by and clap any old sh it that appears in blue and white stripes, I’ve seen and played enough football over the years to tell the difference between a good manager and a very average one.  I don’t blame Moore in any way and wish him well, at least he’s had the balls to give it a go, unfortunately it won’t be good enough.

Belfast was slating any fans who questioned Chansiri for years. He likes to blame the fans

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

So do you think Bournemouth or Watford hold as much kudos as Sheffield Wednesday?

I guarantee Sheffield Wednesday are known worldwide, regardless of current standing.

Not saying it's right, it's just the way it is.

Some delusional in that post unless it’s a wind up.

Can you let me know where Sheffield Wednesday are known worldwide? I’ve been a few places and no one I’ve ever met from outside the U.K. has even heard of Sheffield Wednesday 

7 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

fizz off.

Judging Moores reign already. 

I just don't think he should have been appointed. He has little experience, inherited Doncaster who had finished 6th, took them to 9th and they were in 6th when he left. 

How does that justify him being selected to manage us? He's got 122 games as a manager. 

I stick by what I said, the latest in a series of poor appointments.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Daz said:

I just don't think he should have been appointed. He has little experience, inherited Doncaster who had finished 6th, took them to 9th and they were in 6th when he left. 

How does that justify him being selected to manage us? He's got 122 games as a manager. 

It does smack of a panic appointment and yet another sign of Chansiri being all over the place. Why did we turn Paul Cook down because he wanted long term deal, and then we end up going in for DM who is a novice in management? 

Im fully behind DM and it’s better than dinosaurs like Pulis. But it’s a big gamble as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
30 minutes ago, Daz said:

Must admit the more I think about it I tend to agree with you...didn’t realise he only had 122 games under his belt

2 hours ago, Watto said:

I don't remember Monk ever criticising the players in public 

Wigan away last season is one I definitely remember. He obviously had a few things to say when we got hammered at Brentford. Why did we seem to down tools in the second half of last season? Something went wrong at the midway point but as I keep being told by some on here Monk was a good manager and nothing bad or poor that happened here on his watch was ever his fault.

I'm a bit baffled by this thread (but not surprised).

He's come here during a perfect storm.

Why has he done this?

He explained himself..he sees it as a career progression.

He's challenged himself basically and he and we will see if he's up to it.

There's little to comment on about him because he's just landed... although I do see that people are angry about our plight he's not part of it yet.

Think of Chansiri's reign this way.

He had a jug of water, and two beakers.

Instead of filling each beaker equally, he poured all the water into the first beaker, leaving nothing for the second.

That's what gambling on promotion was; putting all your eggs into one basket, so to speak.

Carlos was the manager who got all the water, subsequent managers have had to go thirsty.

And that includes Moore.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

The time between now and August is big for the club. 

It’s anyone’s guess what the state of the club will be by August 

I think that with his contacts and pulling power we'll be fine.

Provided Paixao stands clear.

Our defence can't play it out from the back, but if he can unearth any who can then we'll be quids in.

3 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Some delusional in that post unless it’s a wind up.

Can you let me know where Sheffield Wednesday are known worldwide? I’ve been a few places and no one I’ve ever met from outside the U.K. has even heard of Sheffield Wednesday 

And they have heard of Bournemouth ???

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I think that with his contacts and pulling power we'll be fine.

Provided Paixao stands clear.

Our defence can't play it out from the back, but if he can unearth any who can then we'll be quids in.

Moore has to be a better manager than most we had over last 10 years

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

And they have heard of Bournemouth ???

Bournemouth have spent the majority of the last 10 years in the premier league so anyone that follows the premier league has heard of them.

Twitter may not be the best barometer of club size but both Bournemouth and Watford have hundreds of thousands more followers than us.

Without using google, how many clubs from outside the U.K. can you name that haven’t played top flight football in the last 20 years? I’d struggle to name any so why would anyone from outside the U.K. have heard of us?

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Moore has to be a better manager than most we had over last 10 years

I agree totally.

For me, Moore is the least of our problems and our biggest asset.

I can easily see Moore building a squad capable of getting back up pretty quickly, and then making headway in the Championship too.

But discovering talented young players is useless if they are then snapped up for nothing by other clubs.

That's why we desperately need a DOF post haste.

5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I agree totally.

For me, Moore is the least of our problems and our biggest asset.

I can easily see Moore building a squad capable of getting back up pretty quickly, and then making headway in the Championship too.

But discovering talented young players is useless if they are then snapped up for nothing by other clubs.

That's why we desperately need a DOF post haste.

I agree. I really think a lot of the issues we have had would have been avoided by a good reiable and knowledgeable DOF