Darren Moore

On paper it looks like he’s here for next season. He gets a good look at the character and what skill set we have between now and the end of the season then it’s a massive rebuild. I doubt many if the team will be retained or even want to sign 

I’d love uroghide to sign, think penny ( I know gets slated by everyone but who doesn’t these days ) will be a cheap option and be much more at home next year, can certainly be part of the squad 

other youngsters galvin etc... young lad from Man City bannan, dunkley windass and Patterson I think still in contract Hutchinson has the option of a years extension 

then it’s a massive rebuild from their we need pace hunger and a clinical finisher 

it will be a huge turnover of playing staff and hopefully we get this right, we have a recruitment team but this paxo guy needs to be taken away from his duties regarding recruitment 

what do I think will happen? Moore will get sacked baffling everyone to why we paid for his contract to be released and what we expected him to achieve 

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It surprises me that they support Utd and not just random clubs who get in to Europe regularly. Not sure if that’s a recent thing with them being good for a couple of seasons.. it’s only 4 years since they were a division below us and struggling.

But they don’t price people out of going and they have schemes to get young kids involved and wanting to go to games.

We’re basically awful on the pitch, price people out and make little effort to attract new fans. By definition the club is going to die or shrink on that trajectory if you extrapolate out for another 20 years

I think it's the price and relative success in the last few years. Not many kids know or care about the history of any club.

We could easily turn ourselves around but we need new leadership of the pitch.

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Why. Why was it a bad substitution ?

I never said it was a bad substitution, I said I couldn’t believe it.

Ive never seen us hook Bannan, let alone as captain, inside the first half. That was a surprise. 

I can see why he did it, I personally wouldn’t have done it, I’d have put Hutchinson to CB, but he’s the boss.

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

He needs to stop picking Hutchinson in midfield for starters.

Even Hutchinson knows he’s best at centre half ffs. 

Wouldn’t mind if he’d been garbage at CB but he’d been doing well. Absolutely bonkers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Ive never seen us hook Bannan, let alone as captain, inside the first half. That was a surprise. 

I can see why he did it, I personally wouldn’t have done it, I’d have put Hutchinson to CB, but he’s the boss.

Fair enough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

He's yet another puppet manager who isn't allowed to start certain players. 

DM will earn more in the four months he's at Hillsborough than he'd get in 2 or 3 years at Donny. 

You can't turn that sort of money down when you're a nobody. 

DM accepts that Chansiri is picking the team just for the easy money. 

Who can blame him? 

OK let's say for the sake of argument that DM picked the team and subs today. 

In that case he's totally incompetent given the team that played today. 

I don't believe he's incompetent. He just wants the easy money. 

Please, please give one shred of proof that Chansiri picks the team. 

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I honestly wonder how he decides what his best team is. I mean he’s been in the job 6 days.. so what does he do on Monday, sit down with the coaches and other players and asks them what their best positions are, who’s in form etc.

He can’t have seen enough in training to make many decisions yet. But practically all of the fans are calling for Reach left, Harris right and Rhodes and/or Windass up front just on the back of having watched us all season and seeing what’s sometimes worked

We’re a poor side but we don’t get the best out of it either which means relegation is inevitable. His selections have been a bit bizarre so far tbh.. Reach on the right, Windass out wide, not bringing strikers on until too late against Rotherham when we were chasing the game and simply had to win. Then today subbing Bannan.. it’s all too left field and no surprise we lost both games.

If he needs time to try things out and get used to it then that’s understandable but we don’t have time and other people at the club need to tell him something doesn’t work before we waste game time trying it

2 hours ago, victorturner said:

A bad mistake in Match 1 is not to be ignored . Similar mistakes with the same unfamiliar system in Match 2 cannot be ignored either. Paterson a stone striker and Windass on the left wing..it's madness

Do you not understand how 4-2-3-1 works. There are no wingers in that system. 

• Haha 1

For DM to save us from the drop he needs time and a transfer window. In other words we're screwed. I can't understand how people expect him to turn this bunch of morons round in 6 days, it's impossible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

I find it worrying that he’s got us knocking it around at the back.  Bringing Penney on for Bannan unless he had a knock is mind-blowing. 

Tell us why taking an attacking midfield player of and replacing him with a defender after a defender has just been sent of would blow your mind ?

2 hours ago, megsonstheman said:

Darren Moore= wet blanket

His post match comments are laughable. He's an idiot. Rotherham beat us with 10 men.

Keyboard warrior - “a person who posts highly opinionated text online in an aggressive or abusive manner, often without revealing his or her own identity.”

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

He needs to stop picking Hutchinson in midfield for starters.

“Best defensive midfielder in the league”

”Where else can we get someone of his quality?”

”How much would it cost to replace with someone as good?”

These are all things I’ve read on this forum about him. I’m going to go for an eye test on Monday as I’m clearly missing something as I just don’t see it. It’s like someone’s put a Wednesday shirt on a scarecrow he moves that slowly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2