Darren Moore

Guest Mcguigan
Just now, Bluesteel said:

And attracted a manager with a decent cv at this level all the way from the south west.

Lee Johnson? Decent at keeping you in the same league that you started in.

5 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Yeah they are but only because they can get the numbers of support. It’s only about 5 years since they were in the PL.. they’re basically Sheffield Wednesday around 2005. If they follow our decline for another 15 years and then people lose interest or younger fans don’t follow on the tradition then they won’t be a big club anymore.

To be a big club you at least need to compete in the top division from time to time 

Well Sheffield Wednesday of 2021

are still able to appeal to promising managers so they have plenty of time 

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, boomshaketheroom said:

I'm a primary teacher working supply so I'm in various schools across the city and I can say for certain that most of the kids support United. Even in traditional Wednesday areas. I would guess at 4 out of 5 kids are red and white. We are dying, some fans don't see this. We are not a sleeping giant. 

Im not buyin that..2 years ago in ah young uns junior school in ecclesfield..there wer 1 utd fan in his class

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

You obviously support the introduction of  Penney for Bannan then. 
How did that work out?

Niether Penney or Borner were thought good enough for a shirt and sent on loan....yet all of a sudden they are?   sad for our fans Club in ruins as far as ime concerned.....Allegedly Chansiri Utd now,not SWFC , not one penny from me till he goes.Others i know will think different and not want,or be able to break the lifelong habit of match attendance.

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, boomshaketheroom said:

Just what I've seen first hand

Well in wednesday areas i know there is zero chance of most kids supporting utd..i do accept more and more teenagers in the city arnt bothered about either club..something that would have been unheard of 20 yers ago

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Well in wednesday areas i know there is zero chance of most kids supporting utd..i do accept more and more teenagers in the city arnt bothered about either club..something that would have been unheard of 20 yers ago

There are far too many man city/utd fans. Bring back the cane for them I say!

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Well Sheffield Wednesday of 2021

are still able to appeal to promising managers so they have plenty of time 

Are we? I mean let’s look at who’s managed us of late. Carlos.. came here as he was sold the project of building a PL club and had the financial backing to do it. When you offer money and backing then it’s easy to convince people to come.

Then we had Jos who is basically an average German second division manager who just fancied a go at managing in England and that was a failure.

Then Bruce who has had more clubs than Tiger Woods.. he has pedigree and he just wanted a club that had a chance of promotion to the PL. Chansiri sold it to him by saying he’d have backing then that didn’t materialise and he couldn’t wait to get out.

Then Monk who is a bit of a charlatan who managed to blag 4 championship jobs despite not doing anything with any of them, and he was found out after a few months.

Then Pulis who’s on his way down.. quite money orientated and thought he’d have backing off Chansiri.

Then Moore who’s just come from Doncaster Rovers. He’s not exactly a big name nor is there much evidence he’s a promising manager. His CV looks a bit like Monk’s so far in that he got a job as caretaker with his club where he played/coached, did ok, got the main gig then sacked the year after. I’m willing to give him a go but he’s basically unproven.. and not been overly impressed with the formation or selection or subs in his first two games tbh

Ultimately, for managers like Darren Moore and before that Lee Johnson at Barnsley or Barton at Fleetwood. Clubs are vehicles to move to a certain point in the pyramid. If they get them promoted or in playoffs a championship side or a club with long-standing championship or former pl experience in league one will come calling. We are that club. We are a more powerful vehicle to potentially get that bit further.

If he does well enough here and a club at the top end of the championship wants him, or bottom end of PL he will drop us too.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

I’m sure if he takes us down he will still have the job next season because I’m sure he wouldn’t have left donny just to manage us for a few months 

i think with that clown Chansiri in charge we can’t be sure of anything. He will need someone to blame (Moore or the fans) because he won’t except any blame himself. 

Non of this is DMs fault, non. That said, what on earth does anyone, including DC, see in his managerial record to suggest he is the bloke to build a promotion winning squad is league one. 

Appointing Moore was just another in a long list of bizarre decisions. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Are we? I mean let’s look at who’s managed us of late. Carlos.. came here as he was sold the project of building a PL club and had the financial backing to do it. When you offer money and backing then it’s easy to convince people to come.

Then we had Jos who is basically an average German second division manager who just fancied a go at managing in England and that was a failure.

Then Bruce who has had more clubs than Tiger Woods.. he has pedigree and he just wanted a club that had a chance of promotion to the PL. Chansiri sold it to him by saying he’d have backing then that didn’t materialise and he couldn’t wait to get out.

Then Monk who is a bit of a charlatan who managed to blag 4 championship jobs despite not doing anything with any of them, and he was found out after a few months.

Then Pulis who’s on his way down.. quite money orientated and thought he’d have backing off Chansiri.

Then Moore who’s just come from Doncaster Rovers. He’s not exactly a big name nor is there much evidence he’s a promising manager. His CV looks a bit like Monk’s so far in that he got a job as caretaker with his club where he played/coached, did ok, got the main gig then sacked the year after. I’m willing to give him a go but he’s basically unproven.. and not been overly impressed with the formation or selection or subs in his first two games tbh

You could frame it however you want about various managers with CC and Luhukay being left field choices by the owner rather than our only choice. Bruce has managed and played at the highest level for some big clubs and certainly didn’t need to come here, he fancied it. As did Pulis.

Monk has managed some decent sized clubs too. 

1 hour ago, victorturner said:

Agree. But DC is not telling him to withdraw Windass from his potential scoring position to the left wing after two goals at Luton

Tbh mate I reckon we could play Rhodes LB and Palmer CF and we'd get the same results we're getting. I don't think any of em have got a preferred position anymore, they're just dogger footballers 

13 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

At the time we brought in Pulis we should have brought in Megson

It is so obvious it only adds to the pain of the unfolding failure we are seeing. 

Moore? Nice guy but does anyone really think he will be able to change things? Penney for Bannan? Yeh right. 

Why do you feel that didn’t make sense ?

Guest LondonOwl313
24 minutes ago, boomshaketheroom said:

I'm a primary teacher working supply so I'm in various schools across the city and I can say for certain that most of the kids support United. Even in traditional Wednesday areas. I would guess at 4 out of 5 kids are red and white. We are dying, some fans don't see this. We are not a sleeping giant. 

It surprises me that they support Utd and not just random clubs who get in to Europe regularly. Not sure if that’s a recent thing with them being good for a couple of seasons.. it’s only 4 years since they were a division below us and struggling.

But they don’t price people out of going and they have schemes to get young kids involved and wanting to go to games.

We’re basically awful on the pitch, price people out and make little effort to attract new fans. By definition the club is going to die or shrink on that trajectory if you extrapolate out for another 20 years