Darren Moore

Guest Mcguigan
2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

So do you think Bournemouth or Watford hold as much kudos as Sheffield Wednesday?

I guarantee Sheffield Wednesday are known worldwide, regardless of current standing.

Not saying it's right, it's just the way it is.

Would you say the blunts are a big club?

5 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

You make a valid point, as always may I add.

Maybe your right, ask any teenager if they think Sheffield Wednesday is a big club and they may disagree.

Luckily, teenagers are not in the running to manage us!

To them they are just another 3.5 star team on FIFA. they are a generation used to a very sterilised and commercial  brand of football.

As time moves on the perception of many of the big clubs in the championship and also league one will fade. But that is to the detriment of the game. It’s mcfootball now. 

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, Mcguigan said:

Would you say the blunts are a big club?

Good question.

I would have to say yes.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Neither did Pulis and look what happened there 

lol

Not comparing like for like though are we 
TP who I still think would have kept us up albeit like watching paint dry. 
DM will play football at least. 

Guest Mcguigan
Just now, Bulgaria said:

Good question.

I would have to say yes.

That’s ok, at least I know where the bars set.

Suppose a better question would be, in your opinion, who’s not a big club?

You can see the team are clearly trying to get hold of the ball and build possession through the pitch. We've tried the long ball approach for the past 12 months and it's led us here. I'm quite happy that we are trying something different. Maybe this is one eye for next season so I hope he sticks with it and we build some sort of identity going forward. Until the red card we actually looked quite confident. 

It's obvious we are down so I hope he uses this time to slowly but surely put his footprint on our entire club.  If that means taking a few beatings along the way then that's okay. We need to start establishing a distinct style of play. If Darren Moore thinks this is the way forward for us, then it's absolutely pivotal we recruit players who are happy on the ball. No more scatter gun recruitment. Recruit only to our clubs identity.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

To take locality out of it or potential swfc bias Sunderland are bigger than Luton. A division apart. They’re bigger than Fulham too in my view.

Yeah they are but only because they can get the numbers of support. It’s only about 5 years since they were in the PL.. they’re basically Sheffield Wednesday around 2005. If they follow our decline for another 15 years and then people lose interest or younger fans don’t follow on the tradition then they won’t be a big club anymore.

To be a big club you at least need to compete in the top division from time to time 

I won’t judge Moore until he’s allowed to assemble his own team. However I do question his sanity leaving Doncaster to join this mess. 

Monk/Pulis/Thompson and now Moore have proved this set of players just aren’t good enough no matter who is manager. No matter the formation, no matter the players selected we just aren’t good enough.

This is the end product of 3 years of poor club management.

Unfair the judge any manager in the current predicament, especially one whose not had a week in the job!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, Mcguigan said:

That’s ok, at least I know where the bars set.

Suppose a better question would be, in your opinion, who’s not a big club?

Doncaster.

Barnsley.

Rotherham.

Bournemouth.

Brentford.

Fulham.

Bit stuck on Burnley to be honest.

Just to name a few

18 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m not sure we are a big club anymore to be honest. I’m in my 30s and when I was at school in the 90s, everyone supported the Sheffield clubs and it was 2/3rds Wednesday and a third United. If you go to a school now in Sheffield there will be lots of kids supporting the top 6. Not many are interested in watching this very mediocre team.. we badly need a run in the PL to get support back amongst the younger generation.

If you go to Hillsborough on a match day what’s the average age.. majority of people have grey hair and have been going since the 70s. There aren’t loads of younger people.. kids aren’t interested and younger adults in their 20s and 30s have other things to do and spend their money on. It’s not good value for money at these prices.

So the fan base is ageing badly and just reminiscences about the 80s and 90s and how good we were. In 20 years time those people will stop going and there will be nobody to replace them if we’ve just been a championship-league 1 yo-yo club like we have been for the last 20 years. Attendances will be well down and we’ll be no bigger than lots of other clubs.

They badly need to re-engage with the fans but I can’t see it tbh

I'm a primary teacher working supply so I'm in various schools across the city and I can say for certain that most of the kids support United. Even in traditional Wednesday areas. I would guess at 4 out of 5 kids are red and white. We are dying, some fans don't see this. We are not a sleeping giant. 

• Like 3