Darren Moore

We're witnessing the tail end of Chansiri's gambling project.

If we didn't get promoted in that 2-3 season timeframe, then this was always going to be the likely outcome.

But nothing's for ever in sport.

Relegation will draw a line under Chansiri's first attempt, and you would hope that Moore's appointment signals a different approach in his second.

I understand why he took this job, because there isn't a ceiling here as there was at Donny.

Moore's not fool enough to believe that we were going to stay up, and the fact that so many players will be leaving is probably another thing which attracted him.

Out with the old and in with the new.

He has the chance to do what he did at Doncaster, but with much greater potential.

Let's hope Donny don't go up, as that will make his job easier.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I honestly wonder how he decides what his best team is. I mean he’s been in the job 6 days.. so what does he do on Monday, sit down with the coaches and other players and asks them what their best positions are, who’s in form etc.

He can’t have seen enough in training to make many decisions yet. But practically all of the fans are calling for Reach left, Harris right and Rhodes and/or Windass up front just on the back of having watched us all season and seeing what’s sometimes worked

We’re a poor side but we don’t get the best out of it either which means relegation is inevitable. His selections have been a bit bizarre so far tbh.. Reach on the right, Windass out wide, not bringing strikers on until too late against Rotherham when we were chasing the game and simply had to win. Then today subbing Bannan.. it’s all too left field and no surprise we lost both games.

If he needs time to try things out and get used to it then that’s understandable but we don’t have time and other people at the club need to tell him something doesn’t work before we waste game time trying it

Totally agree with you

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Keep clapping with your mate Darren, all the way to league 1 and beyond

garymegson

In fairness, I don't think neither Megson, Moore nor Pep could keep this side up.

It's bobbar.

This team was going to get relegated before Moore arrived, and his appointment is about what happens afterwards.

So many players will be leaving that it gives him a clean-ish slate to build a new team.

• Like 2

I've heard him twice now after the games and he sounded the same both times , not overly concerned , all the usual football sound bites , if he doesn't realise now there's a huge problem here he might as well go back to Donny 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

In fairness, I don't think neither Megson, Moore nor Pep could keep this side up.

It's bobbar.

This team was going to get relegated before Moore arrived, and his appointment is about what happens afterwards.

So many players will be leaving that it gives him a clean-ish slate to build a new team.

Absolutely agree, but Moore's team selection is worrying. When i saw the teamsheet today which included Paterson and Palmer it was obvious to me we would lose. Not looking good, played 2 lost 2 Norwich up next

• Like 2

Just now, Watto said:

I've heard him twice now after the games and he sounded the same both times , not overly concerned , all the usual football sound bites , if he doesn't realise now there's a huge problem here he might as well go back to Donny 

I guess that the problem is that he can't be honest.

Having played the game it's inconceivable that he doesn't see what we see.

Liam Hoden said in his column that Moore doesn't criticize publicly, and puts an optimistic face on things.

Although it can be frustrating, it doesn't mean that he doesn't understand what's going wrong.

I would expect big changes in the summer, but at the moment he's powerless to change much.

We'll just have to see this season out and hope for better times.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Watto said:

Why would he start slagging players off that is not going to do him any favours. I am sure he is aware of the mess we are in but he has to see things through to end of the season, he will keep his counsel until the time is right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, megsonstheman said:

Absolutely agree, but Moore's team selection is worrying. When i saw the teamsheet today which included Paterson and Palmer it was obvious to me we would lose. Not looking good, played 2 lost 2 Norwich up next

I wonder if he's setting us up as we will play next season, or experimenting with that in mind.

Bearing in mind what Hoden wrote, Moore's the very last manager who's going to say that the game's up and we're down.

Like all good managers, Moore's good at handling people and has that sunshine inside of him.

I'm very confident, provided that Paixao don't stick their oars in in the summer.

• Like 1

you could say we were matching them for 30 minutes but with our players trying to play a passing game from the back it  was going to catch us out sooner  or later and it certainly did.....its football suicide for us to play like that and if the bloke thinks he can ingrain our backline  into  winning games playing that way then i fear for his future ..........how can he possibly think that playing it short to tom lees in our penalty area is the starting point in how to win games . 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Liam Hoden said in his column that Moore doesn't criticize publicly, and puts an optimistic face on things.

Although it can be frustrating, it doesn't mean that he doesn't understand what's going wrong.

I would expect big changes in the summer, but at the moment he's powerless to change much.

You’re right, he probably can’t say it as it is, but he sounds like Nigel Adkins when he was at the Lane when a blind man on a galloping horse can see that it’s poor. Supporters are fed up of hearing it after such tripe for the last 15 months. Not his fault we have been poor for so long but he needs some results this season or he won’t get the chance to be here next.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Contrast that with Monk and Pulis slagging the players off in public after every defeat.

I know things are bad at the moment but in all honesty which approach stands a better chance of achieving results? I know which approach I’d prefer if I was a player.

It’s the same in any workplace. Get criticised and ridiculed regularly and you’re going to get little in return and sod all respect.

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

The self depreciation continues. Ruining a career as the OP suggests is an exaggeration.

Beyond the end of this season there is a decent opportunity for Moore in my opinion. A lot of players moving on and he seems to get a lot of decent young players in.

I only hope we have the ability to spend a proportionate amount of money and DC allows him to do his thing. 

We just need to make sure we don’t judge or tarnish Moore with this season which is easier said than done. 

He may shoot himself in the foot while we try not to notice

37 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

He ought to realise the supporters want a bit of honesty and an explanation of why he has gone for this system asap and whether he will drop it if we keep on losing.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Why did you take this job?

I would feel sorry for him but he didn’t have to take it. The warning signs around the club were there, wasn’t a secret.

Career suicide for a manager still early in his career. 

I don’t feel sorry for him. Only two games in and I’m appalled by his decisions. Doesn’t seem to have a clue.

26 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you could say we were matching them for 30 minutes but with our players trying to play a passing game from the back it  was going to catch us out sooner  or later and it certainly did.....its football suicide for us to play like that and if the bloke thinks he can ingrain our backline  into  winning games playing that way then i fear for his future ..........how can he possibly think that playing it short to tom lees in our penalty area is the starting point in how to win games . 

This is the kind of innovation which makes me fearful of the guy's common sense.

• Like 2

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Tell us why taking an attacking midfield player of and replacing him with a defender after a defender has just been sent of would blow your mind ?

For the reason being we needed a goal ?

55 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We're witnessing the tail end of Chansiri's gambling project.

If we didn't get promoted in that 2-3 season timeframe, then this was always going to be the likely outcome.

But nothing's for ever in sport.

Relegation will draw a line under Chansiri's first attempt, and you would hope that Moore's appointment signals a different approach in his second.

I understand why he took this job, because there isn't a ceiling here as there was at Donny.

Moore's not fool enough to believe that we were going to stay up, and the fact that so many players will be leaving is probably another thing which attracted him.

Out with the old and in with the new.

He has the chance to do what he did at Doncaster, but with much greater potential.

Let's hope Donny don't go up, as that will make his job easier.

Hallelujah a person who speaks sense. 
Bravo my friend.  Well

said. 

• Like 1