Darren Moore

Just now, victorturner said:

This is the kind of innovation which makes me fearful of the guy's common sense.

sep or clippity could be our manager and they wouldnt turn tom lees into a reincarnation of beckenbaur ......we havnt got the players to play that system.......wildsmith was chipping balls 30-40 yards to palmer and penney which was mental it either went out or they were  immediately put under pressure by 2 reading players . 

• Like 3

another gripe .....we lose a centre back we have centre back on the bench so why not bring him on instead of totally rejigging by putting the left back to right back the the right back to left  centre back  and bringing on someone who isnt an out and out  left back.......feck me whats the point of dunkley on the bench if he aint going to use him ?  

• Like 4

You just know it don't you 

DC will blame it on yet another manager and more than likely reward the players who have thrown another poor bloke under the bus with fresh new contracts 

• Like 1

We will go down this season, being in league one is an embarrassment. I won’t blame Moore for that though. The blame lies with the clown of an owner and those pathetic players. It wouldn’t surprise me if Chansiri pins the blame on Moore though and sacks or doesn’t renew his contract. 

I take the view that we're down already, and it doesn't matter if we lose every game between now and the end of the season.

Moore, privately, probably takes the same view.

So he's using what games we have left to try different things with a view to next season.

But he's flogging a dead horse if he's trying to play it out with our back line.

We all know that our defenders can't play the way he wants to -play, well at least not at this level.

We had a basinful of that under Jos.

Like Torry rightly says, Lees ain't Der Kaiser.

• Like 2

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

Can't blame Moore for the state we're in whether we get relegated, as seems likely, or not. True he acted quickly with Pulis, who to be fair was unbelievably bad, but usually he backs his managers and I think he will do so with Moore.  

he's on his 7th in 6 years ..good job he's not trigger happy 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

But he's flogging a dead horse if he's trying to play it out with our back line.

We all know that our defenders can't play the way he wants to -play, well at least not at this level.

We had a basinful of that under Jos.

Spot on.

Just watch the matches on telly with this 'play from the back'. How many do it well?

Man City? yep - carry on............

yes I remember jos trying it too.

We need a bloody centre forward who can hold up the play, AND with a partner.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Contrast that with Monk and Pulis slagging the players off in public after every defeat.

I know things are bad at the moment but in all honesty which approach stands a better chance of achieving results? I know which approach I’d prefer if I was a player.

It’s the same in any workplace. Get criticised and ridiculed regularly and you’re going to get little in return and sod all respect.

I don't remember Monk ever criticising the players in public 

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I honestly wonder how he decides what his best team is. I mean he’s been in the job 6 days.. so what does he do on Monday, sit down with the coaches and other players and asks them what their best positions are, who’s in form etc.

He can’t have seen enough in training to make many decisions yet. But practically all of the fans are calling for Reach left, Harris right and Rhodes and/or Windass up front just on the back of having watched us all season and seeing what’s sometimes worked

We’re a poor side but we don’t get the best out of it either which means relegation is inevitable. His selections have been a bit bizarre so far tbh.. Reach on the right, Windass out wide, not bringing strikers on until too late against Rotherham when we were chasing the game and simply had to win. Then today subbing Bannan.. it’s all too left field and no surprise we lost both games.

If he needs time to try things out and get used to it then that’s understandable but we don’t have time and other people at the club need to tell him something doesn’t work before we waste game time trying it

If he’s watched vids of our great run under Thompson, and our dreadful end under Thompson, he doesn’t pick the sides he’s picked so far.

Worrying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

you could say we were matching them for 30 minutes but with our players trying to play a passing game from the back it  was going to catch us out sooner  or later and it certainly did.....its football suicide for us to play like that and if the bloke thinks he can ingrain our backline  into  winning games playing that way then i fear for his future ..........how can he possibly think that playing it short to tom lees in our penalty area is the starting point in how to win games . 

Totally agree

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

We will go down this season, being in league one is an embarrassment. I won’t blame Moore for that though. The blame lies with the clown of an owner and those pathetic players. It wouldn’t surprise me if Chansiri pins the blame on Moore though and sacks or doesn’t renew his contract. 

Question : Why will it not be Moore's fault , more than it was Monk's , Pulis or Thompson's ........ the fault lay's with Chansiri and the hopeless squad he has helped assemble but please don't assume that Moore will be any better than the others 

If DM loses the majority of the remaining games, his confidence will surely take a knock too. He’s hardly going to start the next season brimming with enthusiasm. 

he made his bed when taking the job so I’ve little sympathy for him, but I just can’t see what he was thinking. He’s probably convinced DC that he could keep us up and at the same time, DC probably promised his full support