Andre Green

51 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

My concern is that Moore won't be allowed much involvment in transfers, despite the fact hes the best person at the club to know what is needed in leagie 1...and that  instead we'll continue getting signings through the door brought in by ,in Pulis's words , "Those that run the club". 

I dont think this is true mate. I think Moore and his team will line up the signings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I dont think this is true mate. I think Moore and his team will line up the signings.

I hope so. 

In fact , you might well be right. 

There's no money to spend now so the other lot probably won't be interested. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

Probably will be injured for 17 months of them. There must be something in the water at the training ground.

Questions have been raised by some about the quality of the training ground in the past, referencing the ground it was built on not being ideal. The club have sought options for moving away in the past but never found a place to take it forwards or funds to get anything going.  

I look at some of our players in the squad and think some of them should be decent in League One, but I'm not sure who I'd keep.

Borner

Harris

Pelupessy

Palmer

Hunt

Would you keep any of those for league one? Suppose it depends on finances!

Obviously I think Uroghide would be great in league one and really hope he stays.

6 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I look at some of our players in the squad and think some of them should be decent in League One, but I'm not sure who I'd keep.

Borner

Harris

Pelupessy

Palmer

Hunt

Would you keep any of those for league one? Suppose it depends on finances!

Obviously I think Uroghide would be great in league one and really hope he stays.

I think a move away might be best for Palmer and the club. He had a really good little spell at left-back under Bruce but since then he hasn't shown any consistency to say the least and has more recently just been used wherever we are short at the back. 

Hunt, who knows. Some rave about him and he seems to have ability but was poor earlier in the season in the small chance Monk gave him and even when we were short in midfield recently, one of the coaches who had nurtured him through his progression in the academy never turned to him for the first team.

Pelupessy like Palmer might be better off with a fresh start elsewhere. I think he could cut it in the 3rd division but if we started badly and he was a regular in the side he would be targeted.

Borner & Harris should be effective at that level & I can't see either getting offers which would see them play regularly for another club at this level, unless they were up for another relegation battle with an unfancied team.  

We signed a player who had not played, trained or been in any matches for 9 months, we then play him in back to back games and he get injured. It is not exactly a shock it happened, the only surprise is the that Hutch has last this long without injury too. 

He'd only played 5 games in 6 month and has played in every game since his return. Yet other players such as Reach, Windass, Palmer etc keep getting rested for fatigue but the bloke with a dodgy knee plays every game.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Questions have been raised by some about the quality of the training ground in the past, referencing the ground it was built on not being ideal. The club have sought options for moving away in the past but never found a place to take it forwards or funds to get anything going.  

I’ve always thought we should join up with the university and have joint use of a new facility or upgrade theirs

1 minute ago, shez owl said:

I’ve always thought we should join up with the university and have joint use of a new facility or upgrade theirs

At Warminster Road? 

strange one green highly thought of  youngster at villa who the fans liked , goes on loan to charlton and didnt disgrace himself and then finds himself without a club .......you have to ask why couldnt  he  find a club in the summer . comes here and  then disappears from the club for a while .......you could put 2 +2 and come up with any number of reasons ....lets hope whatever the problem he comes good next season 

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Is the lad injured or just out of favour when we went 3-5-2?

I was told by a chum of mine from down that neck of the woods that he'd be a decent acquisition for us when we got him, that he was a useful player but had simply fell down their pecking order  El Ghazi, Traore and Grealish being in the way.

So far I can only remember the one game he's played.  

Best suited as an outside player in an attacking three I'm told. (Though hard to make a personal judgement having barely seen him.)

Perhaps he might come in from the cold under Moore if we stick with the 4-2-3-1 that Moore seems to favour? 

1774822178_2021-03-0412_30_52.png.a6841d2cd6dc8c9ff6513b1208cc64a3.png

I'm looking at potential positives here for our 3rd division promotion tilt next season. Young and quick. Might be Moores type of player. 

If he's here of course, because, if I recall rightly, this was another of those modern situations where the length of contract wasn't disclosed on his signing. 

"3rd Division Promotion Tilt" lol

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Dunno, Thompson said it was nothing major two weeks ago.......

He looked bright against Everton but did nothing against Coventry. Time will tell but a player who was without a club for 6 months at this stage of his career doesn't fill me with great confidence. 

He’ll fit into Moore’s formation perfectly. Much better than playing Windass there out of position!