Andre Green

28 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Oh  no, I'm not suggesting he's in their league. In fact im suggesting he might be useful in the 3rd division!

And that he might suit Darrens preferred style and system.

Yeh but when people are on a high about their club they can exaggerate the quality of all of the players including squad players I’ve noticed 

If we can keep players fit next season our team will be pretty decent for League One.

Bannan. Iorfa, Luongo. 

Let's face it the last two aren't going to be passing medicals at other clubs are they and that's if they are lucky enough to have a move after a club has negotiated the 5m fee with Chansiri for there release.

lol

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh but when people are on a high about their club they can exaggerate the quality of all of the players including squad players I’ve noticed 

Blunts being a case in point. 

Mind you, they usually managed to cash the chips on their exaggerated quality youth players...

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If we can keep players fit next season our team will be pretty decent for League One.

Bannan. Iorfa, Luongo. 

Let's face it the last two aren't going to be passing medicals at other clubs are they and that's if they are lucky enough to have a move after a club has negotiated the 5m fee with Chansiri for there release.

lol

Agreed, Urhoghide (if he stays), Iorfa, Dunkley, Luongo, Bannan, Green, Paterson, Windass can be good players in league 1.

I still have some hope for the likes of Dele-Bashiru and Galvin too.  But for the moment based on Moore's formation of 4231, 3-4 shrewd players on free's or loans that are young with strength and pace and we could dominate the league.   i said COULD.   

NEW GK

Urhoghide  Iorfa  Dunkley   New LB

Luongo   Bannan

Windass    NEW     Green

NEW    

Green was a poor signing. He’s never recaptured the form he showed as a very promising youngster since serious injury kept him out of much of the 2017–18 season. Just seems to have lost his mojo. He’s been on loan to Portsmouth, Preston and Charlton without notable success. Admittedly it’s hard to shine on loan. Kachunga on paper is a much better player but it hasn’t really worked out for him at S6. 
I hope that you are right Mi’ Lord and Green finds form and fitness next season. The odds are against it, but as Wednesday fans, we live in hope. It’s all we have.  

• Like 1

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Green was a poor signing. He’s never recaptured the form he showed as a very promising youngster since serious injury kept him out of much of the 2017–18 season. Just seems to have lost his mojo. He’s been on loan to Portsmouth, Preston and Charlton without notable success. Admittedly it’s hard to shine on loan. Kachunga on paper is a much better player but it hasn’t really worked out for him at S6. 
I hope that you are right Mi’ Lord and Green finds form and fitness next season. The odds are against it, but as Wednesday fans, we live in hope. It’s all we have.  

I'm hoping with a more attack minded manager we might be able to get a tune out of him. 

One or two others too...because I fear we won't be doing a lot of shopping in the summer. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Agreed, Urhoghide (if he stays), Iorfa, Dunkley, Luongo, Bannan, Green, Paterson, Windass can be good players in league 1.

I still have some hope for the likes of Dele-Bashiru and Galvin too.  But for the moment based on Moore's formation of 4231, 3-4 shrewd players on free's or loans that are young with strength and pace and we could dominate the league.   i said COULD.   

NEW GK

Luongo   Bannan

Windass    NEW     Green

NEW    

I’d like to see 4-3-3 as per the Liverpool blueprint. They’ve done ok. 

GK - New Signing / Wildsmith

RB - Palmer / New Signing

LB - New Signing / Galvin

CB - Dunkley / Iorfa / Urhoghide (Contract) / Borner

CM - Luongo / Shaw (Dramatic change of heart) / FSB / New Signing / New Signing / New Signing

Strikers - Harris (Contract) / Green / Windass / New Signing / New Signing / New Signing 

Utility - Hutch / Paterson / New Signing 

Bannan to be sold to Brentford for £3m with our blessings. 

Proper clear out giving DM the chance to build a balanced squad of hungry players without the baggage of the last 3 years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm hoping with a more attack minded manager we might be able to get a tune out of him. 

One or two others too...because I fear we won't be doing a lot of shopping in the summer. 

I fear you’re right.. and if we do it’ll be at Bargain Booze not Harrods Mi’ Lord. 

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

CM - Luongo / Shaw (Dramatic change of heart) / FSB / New Signing / New Signing / New Signing

Strikers - Harris (Contract) / Green / Windass / New Signing / New Signing / New Signing 

Proper clear out giving DM the chance to build a balanced squad of hungry players without the baggage of the last 3 years.

Wouldn’t disagree with that,  I prefer 433 too but will be interesting what direction Moore takes if not the exit door.

And I agree if we have a release clause in Bannan’s contract that is over £1m I would accept it and start signing up more motivated and younger players to start a fresh 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wouldn’t disagree with that,  I prefer 433 too but will be interesting what direction Moore takes if not the exit door.

And I agree if we have a release clause in Bannan’s contract that is over £1m I would accept it and start signing up more motivated and younger players to start a fresh 

I think it’s the only way to go 

• Like 1

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

My concern is that Moore won't be allowed much involvment in transfers, despite the fact hes the best person at the club to know what is needed in leagie 1...and that  instead we'll continue getting signings through the door brought in by ,in Pulis's words , "Those that run the club". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

My concern is that Moore won't be allowed much involvment in transfers, despite the fact hes the best person at the club to know what is needed in leagie 1...and that  instead we'll continue getting signings through the door brought in by ,in Pulis's words , "Those that run the club". 

Look on the bright side Mi’ Lord. “Those that run the club” have been signing League 1 standard players for at least 3 years. They must be getting good at it by now 

ED516057-83C5-4277-B81E-E6CA14E32E98.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I have the same fear but surely he wouldn’t have taken the job and left his project at Donny if he can’t build his plan. But who knows, it’s a worry 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shez owl said:

I have the same fear but surely he wouldn’t have taken the job and left his project at Donny if he can’t build his plan. But who knows, it’s a worry 

I think many managers look at Wednesday and get blinded by the scale.

It's a big club, well potentially,  I think they see that, see that opportunity and think they can work around the issues once they get here. 

Sure Monks and Pulis thought the same.

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

NEW GK

Luongo   Bannan

Windass    NEW     Green

NEW    

Everyone has always said Pelupessy's level is league one aswell, so that's another decent player we could have.

lol