Andre Green

Is the lad injured or just out of favour when we went 3-5-2?

I was told by a chum of mine from down that neck of the woods that he'd be a decent acquisition for us when we got him, that he was a useful player but had simply fell down their pecking order  El Ghazi, Traore and Grealish being in the way.

So far I can only remember the one game he's played.  

Best suited as an outside player in an attacking three I'm told. (Though hard to make a personal judgement having barely seen him.)

Perhaps he might come in from the cold under Moore if we stick with the 4-2-3-1 that Moore seems to favour? 

1774822178_2021-03-0412_30_52.png.a6841d2cd6dc8c9ff6513b1208cc64a3.png

I'm looking at potential positives here for our 3rd division promotion tilt next season. Young and quick. Might be Moores type of player. 

If he's here of course, because, if I recall rightly, this was another of those modern situations where the length of contract wasn't disclosed on his signing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Is the lad injured or just out of favour when we went 3-5-2?

I was told by a chum of mine from down that neck of the woods that he'd be a decent acquisition for us when we got him, that he was a useful player but had simply fell down their pecking order  El Ghazi, Traore and Grealish being in the way.

So far I can only remember the one game he's played.  

Best suited as an outside player in an attacking three I'm told. (Though hard to make a personal judgement having barely seen him.)

Perhaps he might come in from the cold under Moore if we stick with the 4-2-3-1 that Moore seems to favour? 

1774822178_2021-03-0412_30_52.png.a6841d2cd6dc8c9ff6513b1208cc64a3.png

I'm looking at potential positives here for our 3rd division promotion tilt next season. Young and quick. Might be Moores type of player. 

If he's here of course, because, if I recall rightly, this was another of those modern situations where the length of contract wasn't disclosed on his signing. 

He is currently injured mate.

Star reported he signed an 18-month deal so will be here next season. 

Just because those 3 were in his way doesn’t mean he was only slightly worse than them. I assume based on how long he was without a club that he won’t be up to much to be honest, whether that’s cos of injuries or that he’s not that good I don’t know but won’t be holding my breath.

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Just because those 3 were in his way doesn’t mean he was only slightly worse than them. I assume based on how long he was without a club that he won’t be up to much to be honest, whether that’s cos of injuries or that he’s not that good I don’t know but won’t be holding my breath.

Oh  no, I'm not suggesting he's in their league. In fact im suggesting he might be useful in the 3rd division!

And that he might suit Darrens preferred style and system.

• Like 3

League 1 is filled with talent like Andre Green, it's a very good platform for them to go out and get regular game time.

Look at the squad Moore assembled at Donny he brought in several players from the Premier League and even some from the Champ who many won't have ever heard of.

Lots of teams from that league would have took a punt on Andre Green i'm sure he wouldn't have been short of offers from that level the only stumbling block for most would have been his wages.

If he stays fit he could be a very useful player for us next season.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Typical. What's wrong with the egg? How long is he out for?

Dunno, Thompson said it was nothing major two weeks ago.......

He looked bright against Everton but did nothing against Coventry. Time will tell but a player who was without a club for 6 months at this stage of his career doesn't fill me with great confidence. 

Just now, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

League 1 is filled with talent like Andre Green, it's a very good platform for them to go out and get regular game time.

Look at the squad Moore assembled at Donny he brought in several players from the Premier League and even some from the Champ who many won't have ever heard of.

Lots of teams from that league would have took a punt on Andre Green i'm sure he wouldn't have been short of offers from that level the only stumbling block for most would have been his wages.

If he stays fit he could be a very useful player for us next season.

Was just going to say the same as this. 
If he gets fit then he will be one of the best players in league 1 and hopefully the type that Moore will look to add to in the summer 

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Is he a goal-poacher?

Holmers, It's been a tough season I know. Its getting to you!

But you've got to be strong man!

You musnt turn this to a Rhodes thread!

Release the bee from rattling in the bonce!

Have a nice relaxing cup of tea and accept League Division Three!

1yyiL.gif.92c2bc42dc3bb8e85253e19df1f0c74d.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Dunno, Thompson said it was nothing major two weeks ago.......

He looked bright against Everton but did nothing against Coventry. Time will tell but a player who was without a club for 6 months at this stage of his career doesn't fill me with great confidence. 

Hopefully nothing too serious then. 

Aye, he went a spell without a club. But who knows,  maybe he was just waiting hoping a big club would take a punt on him....like Sheffield Wednesday!! 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Holmers, It's been a tough season I know. Its getting to you!

But you've got to be strong man!

You musnt turn this to a Rhodes thread!

Release the bee from rattling in the bonce!

Have a nice relaxing cup of tea and accept League Division Three!

1yyiL.gif.92c2bc42dc3bb8e85253e19df1f0c74d.gif

im wasted on here.

check your post and my brilliantly constructed hilarious reply

• Haha 3