Advice Required

6 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Same question from me - I’m sat here just not knowing what to do with myself - be angry, upset, ignorant - I just don’t know.

what I do know is My only salvation is knowing you lot are feelin just like I am 

Absolutely this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

park a log on the front room rug every night and in 40 years ask her why it still makes her mad

That’s just got me a diagnosis from the mrs.  I’ve gone from 1 n half hours of repeating “FFS Wednesday !”  to 20 mins of gobsmacked/catatonic state to suddenly reading that and an chortling/snorting down me nose . . 
Now,  she’s no qualified shrink our lass but after 25 years together she’s come up with 

“you’re not f**kin right in t’head !”

• Haha 2

I think my old man had it right. A long time ago he told me never to rely on supporting a football team for your enjoyment because usually they let you down.  I tried to avoid falling in this trap for years by playing football on Saturdays rather than going to Hillsborough and it pretty much worked.  No longer able to play football, or do anything else in its place at the moment thanks to lockdown, so I’ve been watching Wednesday far more often than is good for me of late - I think I need to take a break (until next season anyway!).

1 hour ago, Matt_1 said:

My advice?

fizz it off.

As things stand, this club is doing more damage than good to people's mental health. Genuinely.

Take a step back. There are more important things to be worried about at the minute.

exactly how I’m feeling. The stress of supporting this team on top of life’s other crap is dangerous. Football should be an escape. It isn’t though, it makes things worse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt_1 said:

My advice?

fizz it off.

As things stand, this club is doing more damage than good to people's mental health. Genuinely.

Take a step back. There are more important things to be worried about at the minute.

Completely agree with this.

Used to see views like this as being over elaborate nonsense, but this kind of ridiculous performance and result happening VERY regularly just isnt normal.

I class myself as a lucky guy with a solid job and healthy family, and SWFC used to deliver just enough joy above the typical Wednesday annoyance to keep me constantly in love with the club.  The wife always asks me why do I bother, and why am I always surprised when they mess up so badly when "that's all they've ever done".

So recently, I've completely lost my mind trying to work out why I actually bother, when I get such little joy back from the club, to the point where I spiral into a mess. My 10 year old has gone - a lost fan. He will not return to be interested in Wednesday again, I know it - despite years of him being proud to be a fan.  I live miles away in Cheshire/Stoke area, but even here SWFC is a laughing stock to school kids (even coming from Stoke fans). I don't even bother telling him the results any more, he has no interest even when we win.

So, realising that football and specifically SWFC gives very little back compared to other interests I have - I keep telling myself to just step back, ready to return when the club snd players start acting like they actually care about the fanbase.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Woodsideowl said:

I was adamant I wasn’t gonna watch tonight.  But then we go and appoint big DM and I eagerly anticipated the inevitable new manager bounce !.

That's right. I am the same. It's because you want your team to do basics and better with a new boss. DM did not help the cause with his selection, his system and lack of subs. We are bound to stunned. 

If we got a decent chairman who could appoint someone like a Bielsa or Wilder or even the Barnsley manager and let them buy and sell players I'm sure we  would soon be enjoying our football again.

Instead we have someone dozing on the job in a remote land and even if we had exclusive chance to sign the new Pele he would take too long to agree a contract and someone else would sign them. But even worse is he does not know about our up and coming prospects, I think the coaching staff must be too scared to tell him they have identified some talent in the u23's and u18's in case he shouts at them.

I gave up on Wednesday surviving relegation a few weeks ago and it’s made it much easier for me

Haven’t watched a game since Huddersfield away which was turned off after 20 minutes or so

I used to take Wednesday defeats badly but now I just don’t care

It makes you happier trust me

I watched the game with my brother for the first time in months and months. It made it much easier because it was actually possible to have a few ‘gallows humour’ laughs through the carnage. 
I feel better about today’s shît show than Saturday’s where I suffered alone. 
Sharing the pain is helpful in these situations...

I'd say 'Its Wednesday love'.

She'd be like 'oh dear' 

I'd take a deep breath.

Life would go on.

I've been at this about 50 years, so... you know it's.... Wednesday

I can't live without them so I just accept they're usually crap and will always let you down and so that's that.

I'm not sure I'm making sense but perhaps you'll understand?

• Like 2

There's nothing like a new song to revive spirits.  A good martial tune to stiffen the sinews and summon up the blood.  You can thank me later.  Here's my new words to the Sharpe theme tune:

There’s forty seats left on the bus

For those who want to go with us

To cheer the Owls; it will be great

In Forest Green and Harrogate!

Chorus:

Forest Green and Harrogate

That’s what you get when you’re cheapskate

And I’ll be right behind you, mate

If Wednesday calls me, I must go

I only wish it wasn’t so

We’ve nothing left to denigrate

If we should fall and rise no more

As many fine clubs have before

At least no-one will see our state

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

It is. I went through a real bad spell last season. Literally being kept up at night.

The only things that helped were to give my phone to my mrs when we played.

It kind of made me realise that we were ******** poo , regardless of whether I watched them or not, and in turn, made me realise it doesn't matter at all if its affecting my mental health.

Struck a real chord with me, this one. 

Hoping I get to the stage you seem to be at. Been trying for too long to chill about it and it’s exhausting