Fisayo Dele-Bashiru - OUT for 4 to 6 weeks

Guest Therealrealist
16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s a blow for us. 

Personally think Dele should be starting. He might be inexperienced but he’s got all the qualities we lack in midfield. Strength, can drive forward, decent footballer.

He has shown nothing..yeah he looks strong so what?? 

The more I think about the "challenge" on FDB, and the lack of reaction from our players, the more it angers me.  

Thompson has been saying in the press conference this morning that the players all care, they all hurt when they lose etc.  Yet, bar the odd one like Bannan, none of them have each other's backs on the pitch. Doesn't even have to be a reaction the referee if they don't want, just get in the opposition's face about it.  But they don't, because they've given up - so if they want us to believe they all care still and they hurt as much as the fans do when they lose, then it needs addressing sharpish.  If we are to go down, then the very least you can do is look out for your teammates.

• Like 3

Guest The Claw
2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It was only a tap.  

Modern day plays they seem to wear injuries as a badge of honour.

brentford ?

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Disgraceful challenge. Makes you even more angry when Shaw got sent off for two challenges that were very tame compared to that on Dele-Bashiru. It was an incredibly dangerous tackle and shock horror the young lad will suffer as a result.

Why weren’t our lads surrounding the referee and getting right in his face?

Exactly.

It’s because there’s no fight, no passion and no real f.ucks given between the squad as half of them know they’ll be off at end of season regardless of what happens. 

We have a weak squad with a weak mentality. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Exactly.

It’s because there’s no fight, no passion and no real f.ucks given between the squad as half of them know they’ll be off at end of season regardless of what happens. 

We have a weak squad with a weak mentality. 

Yep it’s a toxic mix and has been for some time. Players running down their contracts just going through the motions.

• Like 1

Just watched it back again that challenge after hearing the boys out for 6week 

What an absolute joke he walked away with a yellow there,  beat fair and square by Brentford other neyt no complaints by me but Jesus Christ ... what an unnecessary disgraceful assault on FDB that was, and it wasn’t a ‘challenge’ because he made zero attempt to play the ball 

But it’s ok because Brentford have had that done to them loads this season .. nonsense 

Red card all day long 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Just watched it back again that challenge after hearing the boys out for 6week 

What an absolute joke he walked away with a yellow there,  beat fair and square by Brentford other neyt no complaints by me but Jesus Christ ... what an unnecessary disgraceful assault on FDB that was, and it wasn’t a ‘challenge’ because he made zero attempt to play the ball 

But it’s ok because Brentford have had that done to them loads this season .. nonsense 

Red card all day long 

Where can i see it?

3 hours ago, blueandwhitematt said:

The more I think about the "challenge" on FDB, and the lack of reaction from our players, the more it angers me.  

Thompson has been saying in the press conference this morning that the players all care, they all hurt when they lose etc.  Yet, bar the odd one like Bannan, none of them have each other's backs on the pitch. Doesn't even have to be a reaction the referee if they don't want, just get in the opposition's face about it.  But they don't, because they've given up - so if they want us to believe they all care still and they hurt as much as the fans do when they lose, then it needs addressing sharpish.  If we are to go down, then the very least you can do is look out for your teammates.

I hate saying it, and I don't say it lightly without thought, but I agree completely.  NT, Hutchinson, BB have all come out with this "all for one and one for all" rubbish but words are cheap. Remember at the start of one season Reach saying "we know we start slowly and we're going to put it right and get off to a flyer" ......defeat, loss. defeat etc etc.

Actions speak louder than words. Wednesday fans are in total despair and are sick of hearing this nonsense. Do it on the pitch.

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Why weren’t our lads surrounding the referee and getting right in his face?

100% this. I would honestly expect half a dozen players around the ref and even someone to dish out a retaliation elbow or something. Not very PC I know but it was cynical as hell and put the player out of action for pretty much the rest of the season! Could have been worse as well. I understand these cynical fouls to break up attacks happen, and players see the yellow as an acceptable but the tackle was way over the top for the situation Brentford were in. If it had happened to my colleague on the pitch I would have been incandescent! Particularly after they soddin scored with the numerical advantage!

8 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I hate saying it, and I don't say it lightly without thought, but I agree completely.  NT, Hutchinson, BB have all come out with this "all for one and one for all" rubbish but words are cheap. Remember at the start of one season Reach saying "we know we start slowly and we're going to put it right and get off to a flyer" ......defeat, loss. defeat etc etc.

Actions speak louder than words. Wednesday fans are in total despair and are sick of hearing this nonsense. Do it on the pitch.

Exactly the same as you, I don't throw the "they don't care/don't try/given up" card around lightly.

For the most part the effort has been there this season (the team is just not very good, totally different thing).  But to not stick up for your teammates, particularly when its a young lad taken down and injured, infuriates me.  And from what I've seen of teams we've played, there isn't a team in the division that gives the officials an easier ride than us, so its hardly surprising we keep getting on the wrong side of decisions.  It the lack of those things which makes me think they've now chucked the towel in - hope they prove me wrong but I'm not hopeful.  There are only so many things the players can directly impact, but that is absolutely one of them. 

• Like 2