An Opinion from Inside Football

38 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Ex Wednesday player (Dan Petrescu) or just an ex player (Frank Lampard) 

Can’t imagine bannan knowing or asking for petrescu and Lampard was in a job up and till a week or so ago I assume this was when we first sacked Pulis 

On 13/02/2021 at 10:01, Bluesteel said:

Signings like Emmanuelson reek of that kind of manager agent racket 

It's gone on for years, used to be managers met up at motorway services and brown bags with cash were exchanged for taking players. Just the modern version now

• Like 4

14 hours ago, heppers said:

I would agree with all that.

However, what if he has just trusted the wrong person?

TBH anything like that and should be banned from the game. About time the PL and EFL put a stop to these links and bring in random checks on managers finances.

On 13/02/2021 at 11:00, 0742 said:

Well intentioned to me, isn't bloated claims of £350m spent, it isn't accusing the fans (customers) at every turn. either, it is owning mistakes through action, which means removal of those still leaching the clubs resources.

Excellent businessmen don't file accounts nearly 2 years late, have such a high turnover of senior/board level staff and smash the connection between the club and the fans in the way he has. He makes Gerald Ratner look like the king of PR. 

I think I agree.

It’s interesting that this source thinks DC is an excellent business man in his own environment.

A lot of people seem to assume this just because he is from a very wealthy family, members of which own a successful big business.

But do we actually know this specifically about DC?

As you say, regardless of ‘knowing’ and understanding football, certain traits and good practice should translate to his ownership of SWFC.

• Like 1

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

I know from a very reliable source (ex youth team player at Chesterfield) that Wayne Allison would get in every piggy squad and EDITED FOR LEGAL REASONS

This has been going on for years and will continue to do so.

34 minutes ago, Sumi Shimamoto said:

I think I agree.

It’s interesting that this source thinks DC is an excellent business man in his own environment.

A lot of people seem to assume this just because he is from a very wealthy family, members of which own a successful big business. 

The ones who say Chansiri gets his money from his family should prove it or stop saying it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

20 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I do have sympathy with the fact he’s been badly advised, and wouldn’t be adverse to continuing with that model.

But I don’t have confidence in our ability to find that person 

The sympathy only goes so far when you keep listening to them despite the poor results.

• Like 3

Interesting post.

I only heard rumours about Monk after he was our manager. If he had done this he could not continue when at Wednesday as basically everyone had heard rumours and were watching. All of the Manager's except Bruce were recommendations from same source so you pays your money and takes your choice who it refers to.

The strange recruitment practices at Wednesday where we do not recruit players in obvious place we require them obviously results in questions and suspicions. 

Across all clubs agents are a big problem for football and set ups are so complicated you do not known who owns what. Much tighter controls need to be imposed with strict limits on what clubs can pay for their services. It is only when tap is turned off will football stand a chance of getting house in order.

It is clear though that a group of Southern Europeans have made a fortune from business and they set about controlling clubs by having players managers and officials on their books. They have access to wealthy individuals who they bring into the game and then proceed to make money out of them. It has stifled opportunities for British managers by bringing in foreign coaches many of whom have performed poorly and previous record does not justify appointment. Some have done well initially as are in jobs where substantial funds are available. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The ones who say Chansiri gets his money from his family should prove it or stop saying it

TUC provided the bank guarantee to MM so that DC could pay him off in instalments. I think the majority of the family wealth comes from TUC.

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it is hard to prove where his money comes from but it is a fair assumption.

His father’s business did provide the guarantee to MM.

On 13/02/2021 at 17:14, Drewswfc said:

I've used brass as a reference to prostitutes for years, not sure where I picked it up from. Never lived outside sheffield . Always refered to saunas as "the brass house" never heard  the brass nail  cockney slang reference though

I think most people picked it up from the 'Sweeney' in the 70s 

They always referred to Prostitutes as brasses

• Like 2

On 13/02/2021 at 19:06, nethertonowl said:

Yep I agree was told by someone in the game , and also an agent when he arrived at Brum, keeper was called in on day one and told Switch agent to my man or your finished he refused and was dropped and had to train with the kids. 

Anyone who was at Hirstys bar when Andy Booth was a guest will know that thinks like this are rife in the game. Booth talked about these types of things and Hirsty eventually got him to stop talking - but not after he'd specifically mentioned players getting wage risers providing a percentage of that wage was posted through the managers door and transfers being dependent on financial arrangements being agreed that had other financial arrangements included that had nothing to do with the club

• Like 2

ive worked in football for 20 years

it is the shittest of shit businesses

i was also a full time musician prior to that which was even worse

any moral upstanding business person trying to do things "the right way" is really gonna find things difficult

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 13/02/2021 at 08:04, heppers said:

I spoke to someone recently who works in football. We were talking about the game in general and we got on to Wednesday. 

In general he talked about top club ex CEO’s just creaming the game for what they can. The view is the bubble has to burst so they are milking it in the short term. Outside of what we see on the pitch sounds obscene and dangerous. Bordering on organised crime.

Some Wednesday snippets.

We have had 2 managers with direct links to agents and only sign their players. One recent manager even has shares in his managing agency and effectively earns money signing players through them. The game is wise to this now and he may struggle to find work.

Pulis was brought in as an honest man. He would sign who he saw fit rather than who he earned from. Things soured quickly.

A strong influence at the club is Bannan. He talks direct to DC. Apparently we approached a high profile ex player for the managers job on the back of Bannan’s recommendation. 

DC is astonishingly well intentioned. He is an excellent businessman in his own environment. However, the world of western football lacks trust and morals and he has been a victim of this. 

I wish I had asked more but I didn’t want to push. Nothing we don’t already know but I thought it was interesting to hear.

I think that Chansiri is also trying to do his best for SWFC and from what I can se his son cares more than us, but has been let down (massively) by CC with not gaining us promotion with a team that was more than capable with sh1tty tactics... He (CC) should've just stayed clear for year 1, as he stated he would do (but didn't) and then what happened with Huddersfield in Yr2 absolutely baffles me (still) and also any Huddersfield fans that I know who actually thank him for the result - wtf... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heppers said:

TUC provided the bank guarantee to MM so that DC could pay him off in instalments. I think the majority of the family wealth comes from TUC.

How do you know that?

TUG is a public company and the Chansiri family own 20 odd % of the shares. Why would the TUG board provide bank guarantees?