An Opinion from Inside Football

Still all boils down to dc not knowing football and how it operates in any way? From agents to players to managers the game is one big game of cloak and daggers! That’s why you need someone watching your back you can trust ... hard enough with that help imagine the mess you can get yourself into if you don’t surround yourself with people you can trust and have the business best interests at heart .....wot could possibly go wrong 😳

• Like 1

Thank you for the post, it was very informative and it's refreshing to see these kinds of posts instead of us bashing everything in front of us.

It kind of confirms the opinion I've had regarding Chansiri. Outside of his emotional rant fests, he comes across as someone who does have a heart and who is seriously trying to make it. It is just that this is not his home pond where he is in his comfort zone so he has had to put trust into other people too much. He's had a couple of nasty bumps to the head especially during the last 2-3 years so hopefully he'll start suspecting every advice and possibly then approve instead of just going for things because they sound so grand.

• Like 2

I simply don’t have sympathy for DC anymore. It’s alright saying he’s well intentioned but his inability to learn from his mistakes is not just bad luck anymore. He continues to neglect having a proper executive team helping him run things. If he wants the club to be successful that’s something he should have done a long time ago.

So yeah I refuse to make excuses for him now. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Thank you for the post, it was very informative and it's refreshing to see these kinds of posts instead of us bashing everything in front of us.

It kind of confirms the opinion I've had regarding Chansiri. Outside of his emotional rant fests, he comes across as someone who does have a heart and who is seriously trying to make it. It is just that this is not his home pond where he is in his comfort zone so he has had to put trust into other people too much. He's had a couple of nasty bumps to the head especially during the last 2-3 years so hopefully he'll start suspecting every advice and possibly then approve instead of just going for things because they sound so grand.

Mature post - thank you for posting in a calm manner

I do however totally disagree with every single comment you've made

Not because I want to bash anyone or anything but simply down to the Chairman's actions and statements 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It wasn’t a surprise to see Monk bring Winnall back into the starting line up

He hardly played Winnall though. And then didn’t offer him a new deal.

To be fair to Monk his signings don’t reflect what he’s alleged to have been doing. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mature post - thank you for posting in a calm manner

I do however totally disagree with every single comment you've made

Not because I want to bash anyone or anything but simply down to the Chairman's actions and statements 

Thank you as well. I think the point of a discussion forum is to discuss even if opinions differ.

The man seems to have two sides in him. There is that one bloke who would like us to be family and then there is that businessman bloke who does these strange decisions because he doesn't understand that it's not just people kicking a ball but much more than that to the community. When those two sides collide in those meetings and web conferences, you know what will happen eventually.

Add to that the culture where losing your face is the worst possible punishment and things can get nasty. They do know if they've done something wrong but they need a graceful way out or it's a deadlock in a second.

3 hours ago, sternlad said:

Ha, that’s a bit harsh on your daughter! I didn’t know how it derived from the rhyming slang, I’d just heard people use it in London when I lived there, particularly Sgt Dave Boyd who worked at Holborn nick in the 80’s.👍

I've used brass as a reference to prostitutes for years, not sure where I picked it up from. Never lived outside sheffield . Always refered to saunas as "the brass house" never heard  the brass nail  cockney slang reference though

1 minute ago, FinnishOwl said:

Thank you as well. I think the point of a discussion forum is to discuss even if opinions differ.

The man seems to have two sides in him. There is that one bloke who would like us to be family and then there is that businessman bloke who does these strange decisions because he doesn't understand that it's not just people kicking a ball but much more than that to the community. When those two sides collide in those meetings and web conferences, you know what will happen eventually.

Add to that the culture where losing your face is the worst possible punishment and things can get nasty. They do know if they've done something wrong but they need a graceful way out or it's a deadlock in a second.

This is why a different approach is most definitely needed

The last five years of his tenure have been offensive

As fans of the club there's absolutely nothing we can do differently in any way whatsoever to improve or change the situation

The changes simply have to come from the chairman

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As fans of the club there's absolutely nothing we can do differently in any way whatsoever to improve or change the situation

I definitely agree. I am only hoping that he has lost enough money to know that the current approach cannot work. COVID-19 may have really thrown it to his face.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, FinnishOwl said:

I definitely agree. I am only hoping that he has lost enough money to know that the current approach cannot work. COVID-19 may have really thrown it to his face.

It's certainly made all his previous boasts to our fans of 'I tell you now.. your money pays for NOTHING' explode right back in his face

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, fatzooma said:

‘Organised crime’.....I don’t believe that for a minute...................

The organised crime bit was not aimed at Wednesday. Just the game at the top level. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Would that be as simple as a change in who advises him?

Edited by heppers
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I simply don’t have sympathy for DC anymore. It’s alright saying he’s well intentioned but his inability to learn from his mistakes is not just bad luck anymore. He continues to neglect having a proper executive team helping him run things. If he wants the club to be successful that’s something he should have done a long time ago.

So yeah I refuse to make excuses for him now. 

The one constant is who advises him.

• Like 1
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Its just as constant that he listens to him though

Yes. That is true. The fact he is open to advice and loyal are perhaps good traits.

However, he needs the common sense and business sense to know it’s not working.

He needs to make that change.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thing is if he has no advisor he'll just get...... another advisor

True. So are you of the assumption that all advisors are bad?

Personally I think we need a CEO and a director of football.

The Spurs board meet and discuss the business. They don’t discuss the team or games at all at board meetings. That makes sense to me.

The business needs a CEO and the football side needs someone to do the best within a given budget.

• Like 2