An Opinion from Inside Football

Guest Hornsby

Best and biggest inside story for us now is current DOF chase.

Lets hope we can see off Celtic on ex Hudders top guy who discovered Zaha.

Vital for our future.

for me the wheels came off recruitment wise when the committee (Roeder et al.) were sent on their way. Most of the side CC had which was successful was in fact foundations laid by SG before him. of those brought in, the only hits abroad were arguably Joao when given a consistent run of games. Venancio also at times.

On 14/02/2021 at 11:05, Harrysgame said:

It's gone on for years, used to be managers met up at motorway services and brown bags with cash were exchanged for taking players. Just the modern version now

Was just scrolling through looking to see if anyone had posted this!.

Clough , Redknapp, Allardyce and even Sir Alex Ferguson all came under investigation for,  if not were proven, to have made a fair few bob from links to agents - even roping family members into it.

Being an agent is far more lucrative than being a manager.  There must be 100's of agents in the game that are multi millionaires; when a top player changes clubs an agent can make £3 or £4 million out of the deal..no surprise some managers take a cut of that .

You look at Wolves..God knows what's going on there..an agent owning a club and filling it with players he has an interest in? It's like a Portuguese player academy. I would feel completely disenfranchised if I was a supporter of Wolverhampton Wanderers.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Clough , Redknapp, Allardyce and even Sir Alex Ferguson all came under investigation for,  if not were proven, to have made a fair few bob from links to agents - even roping family members into it.

Being an agent is far more lucrative than being a manager.  There must be 100's of agents in the game that are multi millionaires; when a top player changes clubs an agent can make £3 or £4 million out of the deal..no surprise some managers take a cut of that .

You look at Wolves..God knows what's going on there..an agent owning a club and filling it with players he has an interest in? It's like a Portuguese player academy. I would feel completely disenfranchised if I was a supporter of Wolverhampton Wanderers.  

Jorge Mendes doesn't own Wolves

Wolves are Chinese owned, the owners own a stake in Mendes agency. They use his connections to sign the players from Portugal/Spain, he's an "advisor"

Kind of like a non poo Paxo,  it's what happens when you team up with an agent with elite connections.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I would feel completely disenfranchised if I was a supporter of Wolverhampton Wanderers.  

Different opinion here,  personally I would rather be a wolves fan than an owls fan right now.  I know who has the better owners.  

Personally I have grown to feel in the past year that life is too short and I want to see Wednesday win matches, get promoted and have top players again before I move on.  If that means getting success the wolves way, or being called RB Wednesday then I can make peace with that.  It’s still the same club I’d be supporting but with decent players to watch instead of Pelupessy etc. 

• Love 2

58 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

They're playing Leeds on Friday and Newcastle the game after that

In the Premier League

I reckon Wolves fans are alreyt with trading traditions for success for a bit

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
5 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Jorge Mendes doesn't own Wolves

Wolves are Chinese owned, the owners own a stake in Mendes agency. They use his connections to sign the players from Portugal/Spain, he's an "advisor"

Kind of like a non poo Paxo,  it's what happens when you team up with an agent with elite connections.

Mendes is  a beneficial owner. Maybe Paxo too.

7 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Yeah they must be gutted watching a top 10 PL team every week. Much rather be watching our bottom of the Championship plodders instead.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Different opinion here,  personally I would rather be a wolves fan than an owls fan right now.  I know who has the better owners.  

Personally I have grown to feel in the past year that life is too short and I want to see Wednesday win matches, get promoted and have top players again before I move on.  If that means getting success the wolves way, or being called RB Wednesday then I can make peace with that.  It’s still the same club I’d be supporting but with decent players to watch instead of Pelupessy etc. 

You any idea what you would be paying to watch said 'Wolves' way? sad thing to me is many would just line up & do it....

On 13/02/2021 at 08:04, heppers said:

We have had 2 managers with direct links to agents and only sign their players. One recent manager even has shares in his managing agency and effectively earns money signing players through them. 

There was a manager at Hull City who was rumoured as doing this. Allegedly.