An Opinion from Inside Football

8 minutes ago, heppers said:

I spoke to someone recently who works in football. We were talking about the game in general and we got on to Wednesday. 

In general he talked about top club ex CEO’s just creaming the game for what they can. The view is the bubble has to burst so they are milking it in the short term. Outside of what we see on the pitch sounds obscene and dangerous. Bordering on organised crime.

Some Wednesday snippets.

We have had 2 managers with direct links to agents and only sign their players. One recent manager even has shares in his managing agency and effectively earns money signing players through them. The game is wise to this now and he may struggle to find work.

Pulis was brought in as an honest man. He would sign who he saw fit rather than who he earned from. Things soured quickly.

A strong influence at the club is Bannan. He talks direct to DC. Apparently we approached a high profile ex player for the managers job on the back of Bannan’s recommendation. 

DC is astonishingly well intentioned. He is an excellent businessman in his own environment. However, the world of western football lacks trust and morals and he has been a victim of this. 

I wish I had asked more but I didn’t want to push. Nothing we don’t already know but I thought it was interesting to hear.

A different insight from another angle thanks for posting 

I suspect the high profile ex has to be Pearson 

7 minutes ago, heppers said:

I spoke to someone recently who works in football. We were talking about the game in general and we got on to Wednesday. 

In general he talked about top club ex CEO’s just creaming the game for what they can. The view is the bubble has to burst so they are milking it in the short term. Outside of what we see on the pitch sounds obscene and dangerous. Bordering on organised crime.

Some Wednesday snippets.

We have had 2 managers with direct links to agents and only sign their players. One recent manager even has shares in his managing agency and effectively earns money signing players through them. The game is wise to this now and he may struggle to find work.

Pulis was brought in as an honest man. He would sign who he saw fit rather than who he earned from. Things soured quickly.

A strong influence at the club is Bannan. He talks direct to DC. Apparently we approached a high profile ex player for the managers job on the back of Bannan’s recommendation. 

DC is astonishingly well intentioned. He is an excellent businessman in his own environment. However, the world of western football lacks trust and morals and he has been a victim of this. 

I wish I had asked more but I didn’t want to push. Nothing we don’t already know but I thought it was interesting to hear.

Very interesting, there’s plenty there that I didn’t know about. If true that’s appalling that we’ve had a manager who has had a financial interest in an agent business that we’ve then bought players through. 

Also reassuring that DC is an honest man. He’s obviously made plenty of mistakes, but I’d love to see it come good for him at our club.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, heppers said:

Some Wednesday snippets.

The manager and agent link is obviously well known about a recent former manager of ours, but looking at the profile of his signings with Wednesday they don’t fit that theory. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, East Yorks Owl said:

Very interesting, there’s plenty there that I didn’t know about. If true that’s appalling that we’ve had a manager who has had a financial interest in an agent business that we’ve then bought players through.  

When was the last time we really bought players though?

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

I’m guessing one of the managers you are referring to is Monk & his crony featherstone 

Word has it at Birmingham - he tried to force the hand of Jude Bellingham to sign with his agent or he wouldn’t play , as a result the lads dad exposed him 

Monk is defo a likely candidate, given the issues and investigations that he was under at Birmingham. 

• Like 2