• Green
    • Reach
    • Windass
    • Brown
    • Penney
    • Deli-Bashiru
    • Marriott

1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Ah well. A nice run out. A bit surprised not to see Hunt and Shaw in the squad, let's hope it's nothing bad.

It was tight between Urhoghide and Brennan for me, but Brennan, I thought looked more composed on the ball as well as out of possession.  

Urogohide didn't look out of place. Good performance from him tonight.

• Like 9

Very hard to choose a Man of the Match to be honest. I thought, first and last 15 minutes aside, we were pretty abysmal.

Kept possession well early on, but that soon went down the pan. Everton looked like they were going to score every time they came forward.

After the break, we were dreadful. Two elementary mistakes leading to a couple of goals, which followed a period of play where Everton could've scored another couple.

When Everton started to make changes, we settled down (I thought Brown & Penney really helped in that regard) and started to look decent on the ball again.

But overall...pretty depressing viewing. Our experienced players were below the belt...Bannan, Pelupessy, Borner, Harris were all way below standard.

3 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Ah well. A nice run out. A bit surprised not to see Hunt and Shaw in the squad, let's hope it's nothing bad.

It was tight between Urhoghide and Brennan for me, but Brennan, I thought looked more composed on the ball as well as out of possession.  

Hunt was on the bench.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Harris for me. He had a great first half and was the occasional out ball in the second. 

I was impressed with him also. I think he's been told to look up more and don't go full pelt in a straight line from the off. A lot more dynamic tonight.

1 minute ago, frastheowl said:

Very hard to choose a Man of the Match to be honest. I thought, first and last 15 minutes aside, we were pretty abysmal.

Kept possession well early on, but that soon went down the pan. Everton looked like they were going to score every time they came forward.

After the break, we were dreadful. Two elementary mistakes leading to a couple of goals, which followed a period of play where Everton could've scored another couple.

When Everton started to make changes, we settled down (I thought Brown & Penney really helped in that regard) and started to look decent on the ball again.

But overall...pretty depressing viewing. Our experienced players were below the belt...Bannan, Pelupessy, Borner, Harris were all way below standard.

Sometimes you've got to accept the opposition have better players than us. Tonight was one of those occasions. We're building a style of play from the ground up... again.

• Like 6

Just now, Revenant said:

Sometimes you've got to accept the opposition have better players than us. Tonight was one of those occasions. We're building a style of play from the ground up... again.

I don't dispute that. And maybe had we played our strongest XI (don't get me started on that!), we might've done slightly better.

But some performances of our experienced pros let down the younger players tonight.

No matter who you're playing, tracking players, marking players, and competing shouldn't be compromised. Too many of our players didn't do the basics right today.

It's no great shake...we obviously had no intention of winning the tie given the selection...but we MUST beat Coventry this week to justify this selection and performance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Brennan just edged it for me, Urhoghide also played well though

It must be seen as a positive that the young lads coming through like Brennan, Urhoghide and Shaw are picking up MOMs.

If only we had a young hungry centre forward bursting on to the scene.

• Like 2