• Green
    • Reach
    • Windass
    • Brown
    • Penney
    • Deli-Bashiru
    • Marriott

12 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Ah well. A nice run out. A bit surprised not to see Hunt and Shaw in the squad, let's hope it's nothing bad.

I was really hoping to see Shaw again. 

Any word on why he wasn't in the line up? 

Edited by pachyderm

23 minutes ago, pachyderm said:

Thompson referred to him having something wrong with his shoulder.

The cynics on here who say he will never play for us again might see that as code for him having a chip on his shoulder over contract negotiations! 

lol

1 hour ago, pachyderm said:

Perhaps reports that we offered him petty 1 year deal are true and he doesn't want to sign it, so he is getting "George Hirst" treatment?! 

Or he is out injured?! God knows... 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

I thought Harris did well again. Still frustrating with his final ball but such an honest hard working player who does still look capable of sparking into life - maybe needs that target to aim for in the box.

Brennan did well and so did Osaze. 
I thought Joey did ok too - getting some stick but unfairly I think - absolutely ran himself into the ground and is much better on the ball this season.

Wildsmith worries me - hope Westwood is fit for Wednesday 

Every goalie in every league worries their supporters.  Think about those at the top of the Prem who have looked lsess than comfortable (to put it mildly) this season.  But, youngsters all look good.  Just hope we don't get players in for the sake of it, and stifle the enthusiasm.  So many in the recent past who just haven't lived up to the billing....

I gave it Brennan. lad kept going and had a go.

A lot was wrong about that performance. None of the players that played for us are anywhere near PL material. 

Thompson decent guy good member of coaching team not a manager. 

Duncan Ferguson tonight was easy Rotherham game was difficult for us. We played into their hands.

If no manager is appointed relegation is almost certain. If Cook not appointed and we end up with a Paixao puppet it s going to be fun.

Very depressing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Thompson referred to him having something wrong with his shoulder.

The cynics on here who say he will never play for us again might see that as code for him having a chip on his shoulder over contract negotiations! 

lol

Yeah. Too upset at the better offers made to Reach and Bannan to get his boots on!

lol

Although I prefer the poorly shoulder option.

As long as we don't venture into the realms of fantasy that surrounded Richard Gere having a nevus removed from his buttock! (I had to look up an alternative name for a mole just in case it all started again).  

23 minutes ago, Quist said:

I gave it Brennan. lad kept going and had a go.

A lot was wrong about that performance. None of the players that played for us are anywhere near PL material. 

Thompson decent guy good member of coaching team not a manager. 

Duncan Ferguson tonight was easy Rotherham game was difficult for us. We played into their hands.

If no manager is appointed relegation is almost certain. If Cook not appointed and we end up with a Paixao puppet it s going to be fun.

Very depressing. 

Cheer up Quist there were nearly two divisions between the two teams last night. That is a bigger difference than between us and Everton, than us and Exeter City, who we dealt with professionally and without any fuss. We are at the bottom of our division with Everton and Exeter near the top of theirs, so it it is not all gloom and doom mate.

Everton just dealt with us professionally the same way we dealt with Exeter. If teams perform on the pitch the same way they line up on paper, that is exactly what should happen every time. They played a very strong first team selection against our very weak 2nd and 3rd string selection and beat us professionally and without too much fuss. Two of their goals resulted from two perfect deliveries from a world class player and were scored by two Premiership players that have scored from similar set pieces against many of the other Premiership teams. 

We have a very long way to go before we are even good enough to go up to the prem, never mind class ourselves as an established Premiership club like Everton are. Playing three young lads in our defence, who have only played a handful of first team games for the first team between them, against a top of the league side like Everton, could have ended far, far worse and I mean the performance, more than the scoreline. Hopefully the experience last night will not shatter them, as some fragile souls believe it will, but make them stronger in the games that they may play for us in the future. I enjoyed watching Brennan in particular. I thought he could fit in nicely amongst some more experienced players like Dunkley and Lees.

Fingers crossed, but a couple more hungry young players with a bit more experience, self belief and determination and we could start to make some small steps in the right direction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wiltonowl said:

Just a Joey hater then?

No, not at all. The only Wednesday player I’ve ever hated was Forrestieri but on what I saw last night JP doesn’t attack the ball as strongly as he should for either

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Urhoghide for me. Surprising he hasn’t had more game time, give our centre back crisis. His best three performances, interestingly, have been against sides that are in the Premier League, and still only been given 5 starts

His recovery and reaction time are unbelievable, but gash, he tends to be so naive. 

He got the tools, hope he will develop to a proper player here.