• Paterson
    • Green
    • Reach
    • Windass
    • Brown
    • Penney
    • Deli-Bashiru
    • Marriott

I thought Harris did well again. Still frustrating with his final ball but such an honest hard working player who does still look capable of sparking into life - maybe needs that target to aim for in the box.

Brennan did well and so did Osaze. 
I thought Joey did ok too - getting some stick but unfairly I think - absolutely ran himself into the ground and is much better on the ball this season.

Wildsmith worries me - hope Westwood is fit for Wednesday 

• Like 1

Brennan for me thought he stuck at it all game against quality players.

All young lads in back 3 didnt let themselves down.Out of our normal experienced squad,only Reach and Joey looked comfortable being on same pitch as Everton.

Izzy Brown was a waste of a sub,did he find a man with a single pass?

Everton just too good for us.

Went for Green as a bit of a tongue in cheek vote but thought he did well considering and we were certainly more lively in the opposition half in the first half.

Good to see the young lads at the back getting the majority of the votes though, did well against a strong attack and don't think the goals from the corners were down to them.

The cat,hes had a very decent game to be fair and Harris carried the game to them,just didnt have the strength when it came to important moments.

The kids have done ok given the opponents were full strength, they were up against some  VERY decent quality.

We faded away 2nd half,and looked spent almost from the restart,even the replacements couldnt inject any life,and to be honest we looked 3 divisions apart not one

Pelupussy was at fault for their second and third goals. I’m not one for giving stick to a whipping boy but he was. Such a frustrating player because he looks like he should be really good but he’s not.

Really frustrating just how poor our senior pros are when the youngsters look great. 

Harris looks dangerous but has zero end product. Banning was okay but played himself into trouble more often than creating anything positive. Brown was awful. Borner okay. Reach would be good in a good side.

Uroghede was fantastic but I went for Brennan who was calm and solid.

Galvin had a hard time with Swamy’s Coleman handing out a bit of a lesson but did alright and looked good on the ball.

• Like 1

Went for Harris is for his consistency over the whole game.

Urgohide had a great first half and Brennan had his moments. ( Urgohide in particular must be pushing for a first team spot)

There was a massive difference in pace, power and skill between the 2 sides, but this was to be expected when only had a handful of  first teasers playing and Everton started with almost the first team.

Green looked shot after 30 mins but showed glimpses that he could be an asset.

50 minutes ago, George said:

Pelupussy was at fault for their second and third goals. I’m not one for giving stick to a whipping boy but he was. Such a frustrating player because he looks like he should be really good but he’s not.

Really frustrating just how poor our senior pros are when the youngsters look great. 

Harris looks dangerous but has zero end product. Banning was okay but played himself into trouble more often than creating anything positive. Brown was awful. Borner okay. Reach would be good in a good side.

Uroghede was fantastic but I went for Brennan who was calm and solid.

Galvin had a hard time with Swamy’s Coleman handing out a bit of a lesson but did alright and looked good on the ball.

Explain why Pellupesey was at fault for the goals,the players scoring them had height advantage,surely he wasnt the player supposed to be marking them.

If his man was Richardilson then how was Minya? is man as well?

Just a Joey hater then?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Very hard to choose a Man of the Match to be honest. I thought, first and last 15 minutes aside, we were pretty abysmal.

Kept possession well early on, but that soon went down the pan. Everton looked like they were going to score every time they came forward.

After the break, we were dreadful. Two elementary mistakes leading to a couple of goals, which followed a period of play where Everton could've scored another couple.

When Everton started to make changes, we settled down (I thought Brown & Penney really helped in that regard) and started to look decent on the ball again.

But overall...pretty depressing viewing. Our experienced players were below the belt...Bannan, Pelupessy, Borner, Harris were all way below standard.

Think first half is a bit of a harsh assessment 😬 They only had a couple of chances where they looked like they'd score. Thought the youngsters at the back did really well. Thought we kept the ball well and at least tried to play a bit, but attacking wise we are so devoid of ideas

Second half though was a complete non event though. Totally agree about senior players not turning up, and was at fault for all 3 goals. Bannan didn't look interested at all and didn't get within a yard of them

Positives for second half, I'd probably say Brown. Thought he looked a lot better than recently and was managing to hold the ball well, but just a shame we didn't have anymore attacking players to aid him

Overall though, concerning for the rest of the season. Still not convinced this is the right formation for us

We were outclassed but not embarrassed imo. For both of their second half goals it felt like five nine Joey wasn't the right guy to be marking their big lads.

Voted for Uroghide, looked sharp and committed for a young player who's been out for a year.

I’ve always been able to pick out EVERY Wednesday player from a distance, even if they’re caked in mud and the name on the shirt is obliterated. For the first time in fifty five years I find myself looking at the team and thinking “ who the fu*k is that “