Working Across the Aisle with Paul Cook

15 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I guess the phrase of the week in the in the USA is Working Across the Aisle.

This generally involves constructive compromise.

My suggestion is that DC and Paul Cook get on a call and try to reach a compromise.

Cook wants the authority to bring in players whereas as DC wants his Advisor/s to do this.

Surely some form of Steering Group at the top of the club could be established to work jointly on recruitment decisions?

Hi Paul 

Stick to the TV pundit job.

• Haha 4

Your suggesting that like either of want to compromise 

reports suggesting cook turned down Cardiff because he didn’t want to compromise 

that suggests that cook knows what he wants abs isn’t at a stage where he’s willing compromise yet 

and who blames him 

he’s a sought after manager who wants a long term deal on a championship club and the authority to manage that team 

he’s earned that right he’ll get it too when the right opportunity comes up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, fpowl said:

reports suggesting cook turned down Cardiff because he didn’t want to compromise 

that suggests that cook knows what he wants abs isn’t at a stage where he’s willing compromise yet 

and who blames him 

he’s a sought after manager who wants a long term deal on a championship club and the authority to manage that team 

Maybe. But he will have to compromise a bit. This is not Eddie Howe we are talking about here it's Paul Cook. If he wants any Championship job. He can't be to fussy. Because as Cardiff and probably us if we are to believe what is said have shown. Clubs aren't willing to go out on a limb for him and change this, change that, give him this, give him that. Because the bottom line of it all is he isn't proven at the level they all want to get to. So thats why they are all just saying no to him.

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

My suggestion is that DC and Paul Cook get on a call and try to reach a compromise.

Cook wants the authority to bring in players whereas as DC wants his Advisor/s to do this.

Surely some form of Steering Group at the top of the club could be established to work jointly on recruitment decisions?

Are you Paul Cook?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

It's not Brexit negotiations, it's not the US Presidency, it's not about peace in the Middle East, it's about who controls the £75k player budget for the next 8 days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, fpowl said:

and who blames him 

So the whole 'sought after manager' thing, explain that to me please? 

As far as im aware, the below jobs have all come up in the Championship this season, yet he's not been taken on by any of them? 

Barnsley

Notts Forest

Sheff Weds (x2)

Derby County

Watford

Cardiff City

Add in from other leagues, West Brom, Sunderland, he's been nowhere near? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

this is getting a bit silly now,