Darnell Fisher speaks out about 'that' grab on Paterson's 'Tackle'

Remember that grab on Paterson the other day?

The player responsible for warming his hands has spoke out about it and he sure as hell ain't apologising...

“I did think the reaction was too much,” Fisher said.

“Everyone in football was just laughing and having a bit of banter about it but in the outside world it got taken a bit too seriously, which was too much at times.

“That's how it is in the outside world, a lot of people have an opinion on what goes on in football but it's the society we're in with Twitter, Instagram - everyone has their say, you have to take the good with the bad and I'm mentally strong so I can just crack on with it.

“Players were supportive of me and even people playing now were saying 'how did you get banned for it?' but it is what it is and you just have to get on with it.

“I got a bit of stick from everywhere, even people I played with years ago were having a laugh with it.

“Thankfully it's died down now, I'm glad that I'm back in the team and playing - hopefully now I can be consistent for the team and play as many games as I can.”

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

My mate is a rotherham fan, he always enjoys the end of season antics with the squad and management having some food and drink etc, a couple of players told him they thought fisher was gay and did some slightly odd things 

Edited by Brissy-owl
  • Haha 1

Don’t think he’s gay, not that it matters anyway. I just think the lad is a complete bell. Did Fisher win OT bellend of the year? I know he has been in the running of the accolade in a couple of seasons. Maybe, Snoots may be able to shed some light on it?

Edited by Bouncing Owl
  • Like 1

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Don’t thing he’s gay, not that it matters anyway. I just think the lad is a complete bell. Did Fisher win OT bellend of the year. I know he has been in the running of the accolade in a couple of seasons. Maybe, Snoots may be able to shed some light on it?

Being gay is fine, but doing what he did was just weird, perverted,  and hes trying to dismiss that he did anything wrong...

I'll be honest and I shouldn't advocate this.. 

But... 

I hope someone snaps this utter idiot in two the next time we play him, I don't care if it results in a red card and an owls loss. 

It's not banter, it wasn't clever and to continue this utter stupidity trying to justify it is just plain weird. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1