Darnell Fisher speaks out about 'that' grab on Paterson's 'Tackle'

Just now, Mystic Neg said:

The real failure is the authorities not stamping shithousery like that out with a proper ban and making an example of him.

Its not how Paterson feels, its the example and precedent that has been set. And now someone is giving him the mic and airtime to say his actions were banter and the ban a joke.

Well done governing bodies, not a brain between you

True...ref should have sent him off , marched them all back down the other end and awarded a penalty to the Owls...he might think twice about it next time then.👍

In the outside world it is called sexual assaults'.

I wonder if Paterson had done it to Fisher whether it would have been a bit of banter, or whether it would not just be a 3 game ban leveled at our player, or it would be accusation of other things too.

I bet Fisher will take the knee to stand up to racism his next game, but sexual assault is just a joke to him. What a disgrace of human being he is, but he is a footballer and they can do what they want because its all good banter.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, bobness said:

Big difference was that Trump said it privately and had no idea he was being recorded or that the recording would become public consumption. We all say idiotic things in private, don't we? 

Yes but we aren't all trying to be a world leader and if it came into the public arena we would probably show some regret. Trump was unrepentant.

You must also forgive me for forgetting it was a stupid comment made in private as he made so many stupid comments in public it is difficult to keep track.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, the mighty wednesday said:

Yes but we aren't all trying to be a world leader

Wasn't it like over a decade before he was running? Anyway, let's stop with the politics rubbish. I'm looking forward to not having Trump being part of daily conversations.

:duntmatter:

Hmm I wonder if someone said something racist to him if he would take it just as banter 

That's the problem with these millionaire boys 

Can't see their ar53 from their albow and think sociaty owes them 

• Like 2

I wonder what he'd say if someone used the same argument about a player saying something racist to him?

"Oh it's just banter, it's the inside football world"

Just strikes me as someone who's completely out of touch with the real world.  He might think he operates in a bubble but for once the authorities have done the right thing and shown him up.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, bobness said:

I don't disagree with the ultimate point, but cultures and communities do have an "inside" element to them, where certain behaviours are viewed differently. For example, I can get away with calling my mate a cünt, not just because he is one, but because things are bit different when you're sitting on the inside. Sometimes things leak from the inside to the outside when they shouldn't.

Undoubtedly so, but there's a world of difference between you and your mates having an inside joke in private and a professional footballer, being paid to go out on the pitch and represent his football club in front of the watching public, thinking it's okay to grab another man's todger. If it takes place between two consenting adults behind closed doors, then fine. If not, then it's either public indecency or a sexual assault.

Why the powers that be at Preston North End haven't come down on him like a tonne of bricks, I have no idea. Their young fans will have been watching this incident, yet their club have seemingly kept quiet on the matter other than to acknowledge the charge.

Whether it's some form of 'inside joke' or 'banter' (bleurgh) is by the by, really. Having said that, Paterson certainly didn't look too comfortable with it on the footage I saw, and yet Fisher saw no issue in going back and grabbing him a second time.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, bobness said:

Wasn't it like over a decade before he was running? Anyway, let's stop with the politics rubbish. I'm looking forward to not having Trump being part of daily conversations.

:duntmatter:

He was in the public eye though and was running when he was unrepentant. The point was that there is a similar lack of regret on the part of Fisher. I didn't want to automatically lose the argument by likening him to Hitler so I thought Trump was a reasonable example of a reprehensible character with a similar lack of shame.

Of course I'm not trying to say that the Donald is as evil as the dastardly Fisher   lol

• Haha 1

John Hopoate. Numerous bans for sticking his finger up opposing players. Used to wear a rubber glove on one hand. On one occasion got punished for 3 offences in one game. All of course from Wikipedia.

8 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I Cant remember his name but i am sure a rugby union player did something  like it ,He got banned i believe .

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 hour ago, fatzooma said:

Yeah Forestieri 0nly called the Mansfield player a b**** b****** but it was only banter..

You’ll find the British justice system disagrees with you entirely here.