Darnell Fisher speaks out about 'that' grab on Paterson's 'Tackle'

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think what he did was odd, completely wrong and  he should’ve got a big ban for that. I was expecting a 8 game ban. 

Paterson should have took it further, he deserved alot more punishment, his reaction was brilliant to just get on with it 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

It is mad that in the outside world sexual harrasment live on television isn't just laughed off. Every footballer in the league found it funny but the reaction in the outside world was different. Its very odd how I wasn't able to fondle who I wanted in front of the Sky cameras.

33 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

"That's how it is in the outside world..."

And in one seemingly innocuous phrase, Fisher inadvertently reveals the disease at the heart of modern football.

Football isn't played on the moon; it exists as part of 'the outside world' which Fisher derides in his statement.

Grabbing another man's genitals without his consent is unacceptable anywhere in a civilised society, no matter how much he tries to shrug it off and pretend it was 'banter' (bleurgh).

I don't disagree with the ultimate point, but cultures and communities do have an "inside" element to them, where certain behaviours are viewed differently. For example, I can get away with calling my mate a cünt, not just because he is one, but because things are bit different when you're sitting on the inside. Sometimes things leak from the inside to the outside when they shouldn't.

12 minutes ago, bobness said:

I don't disagree with the ultimate point, but cultures and communities do have an "inside" element to them, where certain behaviours are viewed differently. For example, I can get away with calling my mate a cünt, not just because he is one, but because things are bit different when you're sitting on the inside. Sometimes things leak from the inside to the outside when they shouldn't.

Would you call him a c**t in front of anyone other than your friends though? That's the difference, he did this in the public eye. Even if Paterson finds it hilarious he should still be punished for it.

• Like 1

What a homophobic response!! Imagine if it was a racist thing that had happened and the offender just brushed it off like that!!

This world is too mad for me.

Edited by GLOwl
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Would you call him a c**t in front of anyone other than your friends though? That's the difference, he did this in the public eye. Even if Paterson finds it hilarious he should still be punished for it.

It sets a similar example to Trump's "grab them by the cat" remarks and both are being excused as "banter".

14 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I agree 100%

But let's not pretend to be outraged by him feeling it's not as big a deal as it seems to everyone on the outside. He should be more mature about it, and just hold his hands up, but really we all know what he's saying is probably accurate. 

11 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

It sets a similar example to Trump's "grab them by the cat" remarks and both are being excused as "banter".

Big difference was that Trump said it privately and had no idea he was being recorded or that the recording would become public consumption. We all say idiotic things in private, don't we? 

The fondling of Patersons tackle was wrong and unacceptable whatever he thinks. Worse was the deliberate provocation of a fellow footballer in the hope he would retaliate and get sent off. If I was a pro I'd not laugh that off.

Oh dear.  So he reckons it’s a laugh to grab another man’s genitals and his football mates agree and it’s only the rest of society that has a problem with it. 

If further punishment doesn’t come his way I would be very surprised. 

So it’s great they are tackling racism by taking a knee every game, but a sexual assault is funny.  What a moron 

• Thanks 1

The real failure is the authorities not stamping shithousery like that out with a proper ban and making an example of him.

Its not how Paterson feels, its the example and precedent that has been set. And now someone is giving him the mic and airtime to say his actions were banter and the ban a joke.

Well done governing bodies, not a brain between you

I love the “outside world” bit, what a complete large bell shaped end! It’s taking the COVID bubble idea to extreme, is there a parallel footballer universe somewhere? It just shows you how detached the overpaid two hat is from reality...he needs to be given pelters  every time he shows his face at any ground in England.