CONFIRMED

24 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

It's a bit concerning that we have not had any statement or press release saying something along the lines of 'Admin Error' and 'This will all be sorted in the coming days'

The silence is deafening.

They have all been furloughs due to lack of work. I mean it not like much has happened in the last 3 months. Except league form, Covid, manager changes, wages issues, EFL case and EFL appeal, no fans in stands, no season ticket refunds.

I mean what could they possible report on 😱😱

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Begrudgingly congratulated my Barnsley supporting mate at work on finishing above us this season as I told him even if they packed in now we wouldn't reach their current points tally by the end of the season at this rate. 

I said at the start of the season, we’d finish between 7th and 14th and at least 20 points clear of Wensdeh, you lot on here we’re having none of it. Given our form since the new head coach as come in, i think I might have underestimated this squad of players of ours. We’re in promotion winning form of late. 

18 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If I'm honest, I ain't got much faith in him or anyone right now.

I understand your feelings, I really do.

When we had a half-decent team I'd never have wanted this bloke.

I suppose what we all want is neither this dross nor Barcelona, but something in between which gets results and at least entertains us. 

The only hope we have is that because Chansiri rates Pulis, tried twice to get him, and presumably doesn't want another manager to leave, that he listens to him.

Can we not afford to pay the players or doesn't Chansiri want to?

I don't know the answer to that, but if it's the latter then maybe Pulis will persuade him to put his hand in his pocket, at least for now.

If it's the former then we've had it.

We wanted a work man like Gray team, with a bit of quality up front.

Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Lee, Hutch, Nuihu on for free since Gray left what quality lasted longer than a season or so but these 6 were in the winning team for 4-5 seasons.

10 hours ago, kristmace said:

Totally explains their half arsed efforts over the last few games. 

So instead of 30K/week they only got 15K/week... I feel really bad for them.

If they choose to settle this by jeopardizing the entire club and its existence, fizz them, that's really unprofessional!

Whereas everyone should be paid what's in contract, surely they should be negotiating with management over settling any outstanding wages, not take it out on the club sporting wise and indirectly us, the fans. Without hearing any confirmation one way or another, I only see players who haven't given a flying fizz in ages... they've played abysmally poo all through Monk's tenure and now the start of Pulis' career here. I hope if they continue with this poo, they all end up in League 2.

That's my take on the players if this is indeed some sort of protest.

As for the club failing to pay the players their wages, hugely worrying about our financial situation...

Edited by N0rtherner

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

In hindsight Atkinson turned put alright though as he was the right man to turn us into a proper footballing team. Pulis was brought in purely as a results man and isn't getting results.

atkinson came in and signed players(whitton,bennett,palmer)  for biggish money straight away , he then signed atkinson,sheridan, nilsson,shakespeare,king  and still took us down afetr 15 months in charge  and your right he did it turn it around it eventually  ......pulis has had 8 matches and no signings and you expect him to improve us .....give him time and money i'm sure he would but he aint  going to get the time or the money .

5 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

I said at the start of the season, we’d finish between 7th and 14th and at least 20 points clear of Wensdeh, you lot on here we’re having none of it. Given our form since the new head coach as come in, i think I might have underestimated this squad of players of ours. We’re in promotion winning form of late. 

Can't argue with you at the moment on that score.

Some of our fans just keep repeating what should we expect with the budget we have - I would imagine even some of our mediocre summer signings are on a fair whack in comparison with most of your player wages. 

I wouldn't say you outplayed us at the weekend though. You were certainly the better side in the first half after we scored but didn't do much second half.

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

atkinson came in and signed players(whitton,bennett,palmer)  for biggish money straight away , he then signed atkinson,sheridan, nilsson,shakespeare,king  and still took us down afetr 15 months in charge  and your right he did it turn it around it eventually  ......pulis has had 8 matches and no signings and you expect him to improve us .....give him time and money i'm sure he would but he aint  going to get the time or the money .

I fully expected Pulis to do better work with what he has to work with currently than Monk was doing - that was the whole point of the change.

4 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

I’m always conflicted when I see your posts Dingle. The last thing I need right now is fans of other local clubs coming on here with their massive points total and nice football making me feel bad. 
But then, you do have a picture of a cute dog as your profile picture. I love dogs and it makes me smile to see it. 
In fact the dog picture is probably the only thing on Owlstalk to make me smile in the last month!

So on balance please keep posting but just try to be sympathetic and please don’t keep pointing out how nice Barnsley’s football is. I saw it for myself thanks. Dog pictures are always appreciated though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If I'm honest, I ain't got much faith in him or anyone right now.

I understand your feelings, I really do.

When we had a half-decent team I'd never have wanted this bloke.

I suppose what we all want is neither this dross nor Barcelona, but something in between which gets results and at least entertains us. 

The only hope we have is that because Chansiri rates Pulis, tried twice to get him, and presumably doesn't want another manager to leave, that he listens to him.

Can we not afford to pay the players or doesn't Chansiri want to?

I don't know the answer to that, but if it's the latter then maybe Pulis will persuade him to put his hand in his pocket, at least for now.

If it's the former then we've had it.

Not sure if it was chansiri idea about pulis ? A certain someone who is always lurking in the shadows apparently moves in the same circles? If we do sign players that pulis wants they’ll prob av some connection to the aforementioned? Same old same old 

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We wanted a work man like Gray team, with a bit of quality up front.

Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Lee, Hutch, Nuihu on for free since Gray left what quality lasted longer than a season or so but these 6 were in the winning team for 4-5 seasons.

There have been some very good signings in the Chansiri era but not very many at all since the transfer committee was disbanded. 

Chansiri has obviously spent a lot time involved in litigation recently.

Has probably been mingling with a lot of lawyers, barristers etc.

What's happened is he's taken "no win, no fee" and decided to apply it to the first team.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I don’t want the bloke to get either. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

I don’t want the bloke to get either. 

To sign players?

Pulis wont get to bring in bugger all given the situation we are in. He may well walk soon too.

Given his start, that might be a small mercy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

If they choose to settle this by jeopardizing the entire club and its existence, fizz them, that's really unprofessional!

Whereas everyone should be paid what's in contract, surely they should be negotiating with management over settling any outstanding wages, not take it out on the club sporting wise and indirectly us, the fans. Without hearing any confirmation one way or another, I only see players who haven't given a flying fizz in ages... they've played abysmally poo all through Monk's tenure and now the start of Pulis' career here. I hope if they continue with this poo, they all end up in League 2.

That's my take on the players if this is indeed some sort of protest.

As for the club failing to pay the players their wages, hugely worrying about our financial situation...

I don’t think it’s a protest. It may be natural demotivation - especially with no fans present so that connection is lost. Or it may not be a factor at all. 

• Like 2

Telegraph reporting the club will pay the November wages in the next week.

Let's see whether they receive their December wages on time...

One has to assume we've got major cashflow problems. If not (unlikely), then what on earth are the club playing that?

An absolute shambles.

Edited by SiJ

25 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Not sure if it was chansiri idea about pulis ? A certain someone who is always lurking in the shadows apparently moves in the same circles? If we do sign players that pulis wants they’ll prob av some connection to the aforementioned? Same old same old 

How/why do you think he got the job. 

Said it all along, jobs for the boys. 

It's literally the same circle jerk, over and over again. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

So it’s the workers fault that the workers aren’t being paid on time by the millionaire business owner??

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Telegraph reporting the club will pay the November wages in the next week.

Let's see whether they receive their December wages on time...

One has to assume we've got major cashflow problems. If not (unlikely), then what on earth are the club playing that?

An absolute shambles.

So the players have basically had to go to the papers, to sort it.