#DefundChansiri

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I just bought I follow for the Barnsley game

Not spending money at the club is pointless when the chairmans already told you that your money pays for nothing 

6 Million (approx) a year from gate receipts(ST) alone?  30 million approx in the last 5 years(and a similar amount from the premier league,plus extra TV money from live matchs) ?? 

We will see...........

Guest Therealrealist
35 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I love these keyboard warriors. 

Like it or not, he put his money where his mouth is. 

And he’s still bankrolling the club. 

Unless there is a buyer lined up you are wasting your breath.  

Unless you’re going to take the risk and buy him out, then bankroll the losses until we turn things around ?

You could gather a crack team of protesters and have a whip round. 

I love these posters as well...’bankrolling the club’...when we end up in league 2..and we will...the same posters will be screaming...yeah but he bankrolls the club..careful what you wish for etc...just how bad do 5hings have to become b4 you and your ilk realise dc is killing the club?

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, parajack said:

6 Million (approx) a year from gate receipts(ST) alone?  30 million approx in the last 5 years(and a similar amount from the premier league,plus extra TV money from live matchs) ?? 

We will see...........

He actually told the fans at the forum our money dosnt cover any5hing...did you miss that?

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

I love these posters as well...’bankrolling the club’...when we end up in league 2..and we will...the same posters will be screaming...yeah but he bankrolls the club..careful what you wish for etc...just how bad do 5hings have to become b4 you and your ilk realise dc is killing the club?

Remind me AGAIN what you are contributing... 

39 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Unless you’re going to take the risk and buy him out, then bankroll the losses until we turn things around ?

Nothing whatsoever to do with keyboard warrior at all.....It was very heart felt(but obviously misplaced) post...not buying programmes,drinks,& 'pie's is hardly going to make a dent in S6 income,but rest assured people not renewing ST in large numbers WOULD

He didnt just put his money where his mouth is,he has allegedly spent approx 30 Million of the fans money (ST)and allegedly the same approx amount of the Clubs payments from the premier League, & so on...

Without 'fans/supporters' there is no product to sell...

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why is he a ‘keyboard warrior’?

All he’s done is express his opinion - just like you have in your reply

He’s entitled to his opinion and so I am. 

Its the call to arms, defund Chansiri stuff that is classic keyboard warrior stuff IMO. 

Easy to say, sat behind your keyboard when others put their heads above the parapet and actually commit their money. 

And the idea that we should skint the club even more is like turkey’s voting for Christmas. Really not going to help our club or cause. 

He should pray Chansiri finds a mug with deep pockets to buy the club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

Don't reply then. Just read and move on. Be indifferent while he kills us. 

I don't think any fan is going anywhere near the inside of the ground until after the transfer window has happened. I share you concerns, but I don't think now is the time to put a bomb under the whole thing. The EFL, Covid and 2020 have done that already.

Besides, the major damage done by DC, Paxo and CC was done 3-4 years ago, so protesting now is too little too late. Times are hard for everyone, so spending money in the club shop is only an option for those with cash to spare anyway.

I don't think its right that ST money has not been refunded. DC has to understand that Customer's are the life blood of the business, so p3hs1ng them off does not bode well for the future.

Ultimately the Nuclear deterrent is AFC Wednesday, but hopefully we are a long way off that.

6 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

You are the real realist. 

There needs to be positive solutions not bleating about the problem. 

Skinting the club even more is just brain dead IMO. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, RichSheffWeds said:

You are the real realist. 

There needs to be positive solutions not bleating about the problem. 

Skinting the club even more is just brain dead IMO. 

MM put millions less than dc in ..and we didn’t get a points deduction...our first ever pts deduction in our history...I’m struggling to see how wasting all these millions is a benefit to our club:duntmatter:

45 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I love the keyboard bedwetters who are so afraid of having a discussion they try to close it down.

Money has ruined this game and it's ruined our club. When we were kids we could pay ourselves into the Kop from doing paper rounds etc, no chance now. Back in the day, the majority of fans were PoG let's not forget that. And these fans have effectively been frozen out.

The icing on the cake for me was the time the Thai national anthem was played at 3pm instead of HiHo; I almost threw up.

That's when you realise we've been done over...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

To the club you purport to support....

I contribute my support at every away game...what does your 300 quid a season contribute too?.5 minutes of westy and Rhodes wages...it must give you a warm glow...stop rolling out the best fan card...you’ve been doin it years..it’s tedious...’purport to support’...you can’t help yourself can yer...its almost comical

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

So what?...does selling the ground and players allegedly only getting part payments not tell you something?....

Yeah it tells me he is using his own money to keep the club afloat during the biggest crisis to hit English football since the Football league was formed...as for the players wages they have all signed up for this or they would refuse to play for breach of their contracts...he hasn't just foisted this on them and said take it or leave it

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

I contribute my support at every away game...what does your 300 quid a season contribute too?.5 minutes of westy and Rhodes wages...it must give you a warm glow...stop rolling out the best fan card...you’ve been doin it years..it’s tedious...’purport to support’...you can’t help yourself can yer...its almost comical

No it isn't it's englishmotherfucker..you should try it sometime

Just now, Therealrealist said:

MM put millions less than dc in ..and we didn’t get a points deduction...our first ever pts deduction in our history...I’m struggling to see how wasting all these millions is a benefit to our club:duntmatter:

There needs to be a willing buyer to take over. 

Until then, like it or not, Chansiri is/has funded the losses.

Unless there is a dramatic change, it’s £10-15m losses a year for the foreseeable future if we stay within FFP rules. 

Until we have another option, you are stuck with him or face the club going into admin without him. 

That’s the brutal reality. 

3 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

I love the keyboard bedwetters who are so afraid of having a discussion they try to close it down.

Money has ruined this game and it's ruined our club. When we were kids we could pay ourselves into the Kop from doing paper rounds etc, no chance now. Back in the day, the majority of fans were PoG let's not forget that. And these fans have effectively been frozen out.

The icing on the cake for me was the time the Thai national anthem was played at 3pm instead of HiHo; I almost threw up.

That's when you realise we've been done over...

Not trying to close it down, just expressing my opinion that’s he’s talking nonsense about starving the club of money. 

No one is stopping the debate. 

It baffles me how the process works for getting rid of a Chairman/owner who has thrown away a minimum of £100 million on our Club, more than all the other Chairmen in history put together.

Do we all club together to buy him out?  If so, who do we appoint to run the Club - don't forget we all say that we need an experienced professional so that rules us all out.  Any buyers out there willing to pay the price?  Any new buyer would still be restricted by the turnover rules (whatever they are called now).

We can all see the mistakes with hindsight but no-one was criticising the purchase of FF, The Professor, Hooper etc at the time of purchase.

Several different managers have made bad buys, we can fault the Chairman for paying for them but not for identifying the requirements on the pitch.

Several people on here criticise the Club Shop; I went in last week and it was full of stock, kits, past seasons' training gear, polo shirts, books, DVDs, balls, kids night attire; my daughter went down a few days later and bought the new away shirt off the rack.  Staff have always been friendly there.

The Club has also raised its profile locally with hospital visits, charitable events, educational ventures etc, which, in terms of publicity, we do far more of than the other locals.  I know this does not get us out of the relegation zone but that's the job of the Manager & Coaches.

I must say I'm puzzled by the current tactics, which don't seem to suit us, but I can wait for January to see if the current Manager can find good quality players to fit into his system - of course we shall need even greater finance from the Chairman for that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1