Who is making the decisions?

15 hours ago, room0035 said:

We need to find a way of having a competitive team without losing £15m a season. Getting rid of the likes of Rhodes and Westwood will help but we then cannot resign players to £20k a week for the next 2 or 3 years because that puts us back in the mess.

For me the squad should be 20 max with youth squad players making up more when needed, currently we have 25 not include the likes of Hunt and Shaw it's too many.

the wage bill next season is 2.5million m8 thats the league 1 new rules ,meaning £2500 is the top wage we can offer a new player , only players signed before relegation or players still under contract you can keep without penalties . every club in effect becomes equal in league 1-2 so clubs like sunderland portsmouth us have no advantage neither does a wealthy owner. once down we wont reach championship level again under these rules and with a owner with no idea .

16 hours ago, room0035 said:

Or instead of having two player who contributed 1 goal in 10 games we could find players who contributed more.

Reach is getting better but under monk was awful but Bannan needs dropping been awful all season it's time for Brown to get a run in the team in place of Bannan.

I'm really REALLY not a Bannan fan mate but the suggestion of replacing Bannan with Brown nearly made me spit my coffee out. 

2 minutes ago, morganowl said:

the wage bill next season is 2.5million m8 thats the league 1 new rules ,meaning £2500 is the top wage we can offer a new player , only players signed before relegation or players still under contract you can keep without penalties . every club in effect becomes equal in league 1-2 so clubs like sunderland portsmouth us have no advantage neither does a wealthy owner. once down we wont reach championship level again under these rules and with a owner with no idea .

We lost £5m a year under Milan Mandaric mate and we were barely competitve in this league then, and that was 6 years ago.

16 hours ago, room0035 said:

Drop Bannan sign Conor Hourihane on loan in January you have midfielder who creates and scores goals.

He isn't getting game time at Villa because of Barkley and would be a great signing for us.

Bannan has created in the pass but look at most of his assist, through balls and long balls to a target man. We don't have one anyone Bannan's assist have dried up.

Reach had improve and is the only decent winger we have but needs to score and create more goals than he does and again switches off too often, his defending is still very hit and miss. He is currently the best what we have but for £25k a week could we get better? -

Would say a Jed Wallace at Millwall or Jorge Grant at Lincoln, or a player I really like Marcus Harness at Portsmouth (has 5 goals and 4 assists in 16 games) be a more productive option to Reach. 

I know a little of Wallace at Millwall but isn't he one of their more prized assets? If so then we've zero chance of getting him. Same goes for Hourihane.... he will be on 30k at Villa in the Prem and won't drop the best part of 40 places to the bottom of the championship to us, especially when he's already been quoted as stating that he would never sign for us!

The two League 1 fellas might be more within our reach.

2 hours ago, morganowl said:

Indeed but the £7m+ loss in tv money will have an effect as will the reduction in ticket money because no one is stupid enough to pay £600+ for 3rd division football. Any more than £25 a game and it will be an empty stadium without Vivid restrictions.

2 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

I'm really REALLY not a Bannan fan mate but the suggestion of replacing Bannan with Brown nearly made me spit my coffee out. 

Brown has 1 assist in 337 minutes of football or just about 4 games, Bannan has 1 assist in 1481 minutes or just about 16 games.

Bannan spends most of his time near our goal than the opponents, he offers little as a scoring threat as most of his shots are nearer to a throw in than goal kick and as a captain he has to be one of the worst we have had.

He needs dropping as his standard of play this season has not been acceptable or good enough. Good captain's lead by example.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

I know a little of Wallace at Millwall but isn't he one of their more prized assets? If so then we've zero chance of getting him. Same goes for Hourihane.... he will be on 30k at Villa in the Prem and won't drop the best part of 40 places to the bottom of the championship to us, especially when he's already been quoted as stating that he would never sign for us!

The two League 1 fellas might be more within our reach.

Hourihane was reputedly offered 60k a week when he went to Villa from Barnsley you think promotion to the Premier League will have halved that do you 

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Brown has 1 assist in 337 minutes of football or just about 4 games, Bannan has 1 assist in 1481 minutes or just about 16 games.

Bannan spends most of his time near our goal than the opponents, he offers little as a scoring threat as most of his shots are nearer to a throw in than goal kick and as a captain he has to be one of the worst we have had.

He needs dropping as his standard of play this season has not been acceptable or good enough. Good captain's lead by example.

bannan is a fraud my mother can cross shoot tackle than him get  him out

23 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

We've been asking that for 4 years. 

For what it's worth I can't see any of those re signing. 

Just look at the state of the club. 

It's DC.

He rules the purse strings and has stated before he deals with the contracts when it all went titties up when all these big contracts were being dished out and Fessi spat dummy out

20 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Hourihane was reputedly offered 60k a week when he went to Villa from Barnsley you think promotion to the Premier League will have halved that do you 

No not at all. Just pointing out that we have absolutely zero chance of signing players of the likes of Hourihane, be they on 10k, 30k, 60k, 600k. Whatever.

22 hours ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but the £7m+ loss in tv money will have an effect as will the reduction in ticket money because no one is stupid enough to pay £600+ for 3rd division football. Any more than £25 a game and it will be an empty stadium without Vivid restrictions.

Do you mean nobody is stupid enough to charge£600 for 3rd division football .

• Haha 1