Who is making the decisions?

Genuinely worried who is making the decisions on football matters. Look at TP comments today...

I think Barry, Leesy and Reachy have been offered new contracts.

That’s something that the chairman and money people at the football club will deal with.

So I’m not surprised the club want to get those three sorted out.

My job is to get results on the football pitch, but the people at this football club have decided that Barry, Reachy and Tom, who are all out of contract, need to have their contracts discussed.

They’ve asked my opinion

We still seem to have some sort of football director type role at the club where someone is making signings etc and leaving the manager to simply be a coach.

Who is it?

Edited by mark77
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Bannan already said in press, he will not resigning until he see investment in team by DC. Which won't happen as DC likes to charge the fans a fortune then do the team on the cheap.

But if all 3 not signed new deals by January, then they cannot be allowed to play out their deals and leave as free in the summer they need to be sold. As all 3 have barely earned their wages for this season.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

Presumably DC's old consultants - Paxo et al.

I wonder if Redgate coordinates/managers this arms-length link into TP - whilst he's not a board member he was and knows how DC works.

Dosnt pulis have links with DC's advisors or did we not look at that link. 

• Like 1

TP: We have offered new contracts to Barry, Reachy and Lees. They are important players for this football club and it’s important the club can tie them down. They are terrific lads and I have been impressed with them

END OF THREAD  lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Bannan already said in press, he will not resigning until he see investment in team by DC. Which won't happen as DC likes to charge the fans a fortune then do the team on the cheap.

But if all 3 not signed new deals by January, then they cannot be allowed to play out their deals and leave as free in the summer they need to be sold. As all 3 have barely earned their wages for this season.

As much as they have under performed, most of our goals this season have involved Bannan and Reach. Take them both out of the team and we will have zero creativity for our non existent forwards to feed off.

As for selling them in January, how much do you think anyone is going to offer for them when they are out of contract in 6 months time? I doubt many clubs will be thinking 'we need Tom Lees now, lets pay a fee rather than waiting until he is free'. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

As much as they have under performed, most of our goals this season have involved Bannan and Reach. Take them both out of the team and we will have zero creativity for our non existent forwards to feed off.

As for selling them in January, how much do you think anyone is going to offer for them when they are out of contract in 6 months time? I doubt many clubs will be thinking 'we need Tom Lees now, lets pay a fee rather than waiting until he is free'. 

Or instead of having two player who contributed 1 goal in 10 games we could find players who contributed more.

Reach is getting better but under monk was awful but Bannan needs dropping been awful all season it's time for Brown to get a run in the team in place of Bannan.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Remind me again why we have 6pts deducted, embargos etc etc

Because we have players sat in the stands not being allowed to play in silly wages and a chair who never accepts offers for player but let's them leave on free.😁😁

31 minutes ago, mark77 said:

We still seem to have some sort of football director type role at the club where someone is making signings etc and leaving the manager to simply be a coach.

Who is it?

I think we all know the answer to that question. The one and only Amadeu Paixao who signs every player and manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Or instead of having two player who contributed 1 goal in 10 games we could find players who contributed more.

Reach is getting better but under monk was awful but Bannan needs dropping been awful all season it's time for Brown to get a run in the team in place of Bannan.

Nearly every goal we have scored has involved Bannan or Reach or both. Neither have ever been goal scorers so pulling them up on that is a bit much.

Brown has looked largely awful since the first game. If we are playing 3 in midfield he should be given a chance with Bannan, not instead of. 

Your point was about having to sell them in January, simply not going to happen. 

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It’s not surprising Reach was rubbish under Monk as he’s a left winger who was forced to play anywhere but on the left wing.

All well and good saying replace with better but it’s not realistic. Just like we replaced FF with Kachunga, Fletcher with Paterson and Fox with nobody.

All of our good players on 20k a week coming in on 3-4 year contracts committed us to spending £3-4m even if there was no fee involved. The new ones on 1-2 year contracts costing 10k a week only commit us to spending £0.5-1m over the contract but the difference in quality is vast.

Unless we have a strategy to rebuild and commit more funds then the only thing selling these two will achieve is making us even worse on the pitch. I know that doesn’t sound possible but it is