Who is making the decisions?

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Nearly every goal we have scored has involved Bannan or Reach or both. Neither have ever been goal scorers so pulling them up on that is a bit much.

Brown has looked largely awful since the first game. If we are playing 3 in midfield he should be given a chance with Bannan, not instead of. 

Your point was about having to sell them in January, simply not going to happen. 

For me we need change and under Bannan and Reach we get as many awful performance as we do good.

For kids that's expected not seasoned pro's.

1 assist as season from Bannan simple not good enough.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s not surprising Reach was rubbish under Monk as he’s a left winger who was forced to play anywhere but on the left wing.

All well and good saying replace with better but it’s not realistic. Just like we replaced FF with Kachunga, Fletcher with Paterson and Fox with nobody.

All of our good players on 20k a week coming in on 3-4 year contracts committed us to spending £3-4m even if there was no fee involved. The new ones on 1-2 year contracts costing 10k a week only commit us to spending £0.5-1m over the contract but the difference in quality is vast.

Unless we have a strategy to rebuild and commit more funds then the only thing selling these two will achieve is making us even worse on the pitch. I know that doesn’t sound possible but it is  

The problem is simple there is no strategy we stumble from season to season because we have a headless chicken steering the ship.

My point w as if they don't resign we cannot allow them to leave on free.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For me we need change and under Bannan and Reach we get as many awful performance as we do good.

Top 10 for assists last two seasons and look at the goals we have scored this season, he has played a key role in many of them. They have both under-performed at times but we would be even worse without them.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Problem is I have no faith in the recruitment team to replace them adequately. We got rid of Fletcher, Hutchinson, Forestieri, Fox, Nuhiu in the summer and have replaced them with worse players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Top 10 for assists last two seasons and look at the goals we have scored this season, he has played a key role in many of them. They have both under-performed at times but we would be even worse without them.

Drop Bannan sign Conor Hourihane on loan in January you have midfielder who creates and scores goals.

He isn't getting game time at Villa because of Barkley and would be a great signing for us.

Bannan has created in the pass but look at most of his assist, through balls and long balls to a target man. We don't have one anyone Bannan's assist have dried up.

Reach had improve and is the only decent winger we have but needs to score and create more goals than he does and again switches off too often, his defending is still very hit and miss. He is currently the best what we have but for £25k a week could we get better? -

Would say a Jed Wallace at Millwall or Jorge Grant at Lincoln, or a player I really like Marcus Harness at Portsmouth (has 5 goals and 4 assists in 16 games) be a more productive option to Reach. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Drop Bannan sign Conor Hourihane on loan in January you have midfielder who creates and scores goals.

He isn't getting game time at Villa because of Barkley and would be a great signing for us.

Bannan has created in the pass but look at most of his assist, through balls and long balls to a target man. We don't have one anyone Bannan's assist have dried up.

Reach had improve and is the only decent winger we have but needs to score and create more goals than he does and again switches off too often, his defending is still very hit and miss. He is currently the best what we have but for £25k a week could we get better? -

Would say a Jed Wallace at Millwall or Jorge Grant at Lincoln, or a player I really like Marcus Harness at Portsmouth (has 5 goals and 4 assists in 16 games) be a more productive option to Reach. 

Jed Wallace is a good player, the two league one lads I will take your word for but I agree we should have been looking at cheaper prospects with potential a lot more than we have done, it basically seemingly hasn't been a consideration.

Hourihane may be available in January, as far as I can see there's not a chance he would come here now. 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Jed Wallace is a good player, the two league one lads I will take your word for but I agree we should have been looking at cheaper prospects with potential a lot more than we have done, it basically seemingly hasn't been a consideration.

Hourihane may be available in January, as far as I can see there's not a chance he would come here now. 

We need to find a way of having a competitive team without losing £15m a season. Getting rid of the likes of Rhodes and Westwood will help but we then cannot resign players to £20k a week for the next 2 or 3 years because that puts us back in the mess.

For me the squad should be 20 max with youth squad players making up more when needed, currently we have 25 not include the likes of Hunt and Shaw it's too many.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Bannan already said in press, he will not resigning until he see investment in team by DC. Which won't happen as DC likes to charge the fans a fortune then do the team on the cheap.

But if all 3 not signed new deals by January, then they cannot be allowed to play out their deals and leave as free in the summer they need to be sold. As all 3 have barely earned their wages for this season.

Team on the cheap? Why do you think we've been in transfer embargoes in recent seasons and why DC needed to do the ground sale? Was it because we didn't spend enough on the team? No, we spent too much but unfortunately most of it was wasted.

14 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s not surprising Reach was rubbish under Monk as he’s a left winger who was forced to play anywhere but on the left wing.

All well and good saying replace with better but it’s not realistic. Just like we replaced FF with Kachunga, Fletcher with Paterson and Fox with nobody.

All of our good players on 20k a week coming in on 3-4 year contracts committed us to spending £3-4m even if there was no fee involved. The new ones on 1-2 year contracts costing 10k a week only commit us to spending £0.5-1m over the contract but the difference in quality is vast.

Unless we have a strategy to rebuild and commit more funds then the only thing selling these two will achieve is making us even worse on the pitch. I know that doesn’t sound possible but it is  

On the basis of our current recruitment over recent times,i would agree with you,but that assumes the only way to bring in decent replacements is to go for established Players at Championship level or above.

others teams(Brentford/Barnsley) Have brought in players from lower Divisions & brought them on.....Barnsley done it again this Year

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, parajack said:

On the basis of our current recruitment over recent times,i would agree with you,but that assumes the only way to bring in decent replacements is to go for established Players at Championship level or above.

others teams(Brentford/Barnsley) Have brought in players from lower Divisions & brought them on.....Barnsley done it again this Year

Barnsley are 16th though mate, will be nowhere near promotion but obviously better then us

Brentford do it every year but they’ve got that good at it when they sell a player it covers the cost of gambling on 5 new signings. They still spend quite a bit when they buy players even if they’re a bit left field or unknown quantities 

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Barnsley are 16th though mate, will be nowhere near promotion but obviously better then us

Brentford do it every year but they’ve got that good at it when they sell a player it covers the cost of gambling on 5 new signings. They still spend quite a bit when they buy players even if they’re a bit left field or unknown quantities 

Barnsley have had a policy of selling on the players they have discovered for a healthy profit,as part of their sustainability......they are side that do well just to stay in the Championship......

If we adopted a similar policy but retained our better players as well adding decent signings when available,that would be a sustainable platform for a run at the playoffs.

At the minute we are relegation fodder,& could go the other way....Personally I wouldn't have offered a contract to any of the current incumbents,we have achieved nothing with them,and in my view & its time for newer players,with no 'play off' baggage or  too much time at one Club....

I would be surprised if BB accepts anyway, Reach may stay,TL i expect to stay......However their best chance of finding another Club is not to sign a new contract,so they only cost wages..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

We need to look for cheap up and coming players from the lower divisions -,it’s simply laughable to suggest that someone like Conor Hourihane or Jed Wallace would come here 

CH ex Barnsley but  who would come to a side like we are at the minute?....we are supporters,we dont see it...our Club in the game must be one big joke...

16 hours ago, room0035 said:

Bannan already said in press, he will not resigning until he see investment in team by DC. Which won't happen as DC likes to charge the fans a fortune then do the team on the cheap.

But if all 3 not signed new deals by January, then they cannot be allowed to play out their deals and leave as free in the summer they need to be sold. As all 3 have barely earned their wages for this season.

all 3 need to go in january ,bannan and reach wont cut it in league 1 . bring fresh lower league players in with hunger in january as we cant offer any wages next summer due to wage cap . might as well be resigned to it , derby and forest will get out of it so we are looking to catch coventry seen that we dont score ,dont cross half way line there is no way we are catching teams like coventry