Is this the worst performance you have ever seen

I think in terms of pounds spent to performance levels this squad is one of the most abject in terms of delivering, unfortunately we have a new manager that we are already going backwards with and an owner that seems to lurch from disaster to disaster off the pitch.

The latest mess is always the worst but at the moment the Club is dying on its bottom

12 minutes ago, stuben said:

The players, the manger and the tactics have all been very poor tonight.

Even players with limited ability should not stop running, working, closing down but they have gone through the motions. Early days for our manager but he should have made a positive change after the second goal.

So for me it's the worst I have seen us play in over 40 years. Someone please convince me im wrong and give me hope.

That 1st half was as bad as any team can play ,dont care what anyone else thinks ,that is as bad as I've ever seen 

Then the 2nd half improvement where we have Paterson dribbling backwards from two thirds up the pitch till he eventually ran the ball out ,Bannan picking their players out from god knows how many corners , Harris takes over and can't keep it in play ...from our f**in corner!! 

As for Windass ,if only he was as good as he thinks he is 

1 minute ago, Garry Powell said:

Waiting for someone to defend them

How. What was there to grab on to. No positive at all. Actually perhaps one positive. I now certain this is much more than a dip in form. We are in serious danger. Tp has to hope for some draws up until the transfer window is open and needs to sign 6 to 10 players of quality. Would not be bothered about any of the players leaving. He should sell what he can. Only iorfa and bonner are keepers for me. 

20 minutes ago, stuben said:

The players, the manger and the tactics have all been very poor tonight.

Even players with limited ability should not stop running, working, closing down but they have gone through the motions. Early days for our manager but he should have made a positive change after the second goal.

So for me it's the worst I have seen us play in over 40 years. Someone please convince me im wrong and give me hope.

This question has been asked nearly every week for a year now. That speaks volumes.

It’s been atrocious before and I’ve been watching for 30 years, but I can’t remember such awful clueless displays week in week our for such a long stretch.

There was always a glimmer. This squad, chairman, which ever manager is in charge, the club in general are offering no positive signs.

The first 20 minutes was one of the angriest periods I have ever been.

It was beyond poor.

Go back to the start, they retained possession for 2 minutes and had a shot. The start of a game FFS 

I can't comment on the last 70 because I refused to punish myself any further. 

14 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

I'm struggling to think of one worse on the basis that I've never seen a Wednesday manager down by two goals to not at any stage put a second man up top.

This 100%. Want to back the manager, but no excuse for this only thing worse than performance on pitch was decisions made off it, managed that 2nd half like we were the ones 2-0 up.

The last 6 games have been worse than under monk, 2-0 down, zero effort to change game, why not throw Rhodes on for last half hour with windass.

19 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Pulis better have some irons in the fire for January because we looked absolutely shot

Needs to get em Jan 1st at just gone midnight.

Usually it's late in Jan, players, agents, managers etc weigh up best options.

Could be another 8 games until then, by that time we could easily be rooted bottom 3.

Even if by some miricle we found a couple of gems it would be too late.

Tbh I think we are foooked.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

If you look at the number of corners and result this was more even than many a game, but there was something strangely hopeless about them tonight - they all looked a bit leggy. Did they walk back from Norwich or summat?

Simple pulis doesn't want to change team, lots of games in short period and other teams are making changes to freshen side up.