Tony Pulis Post Match Comments

1 hour ago, Errol Flashman said:

I like that he's come in and dunt paper over the cracks. 

There's no "if the ball had bound right" etc etc 

He's identified the problem and until he can sort it he's gonna make sure we don't lose

He'll do for me.

It is nice to hear a straight talking manager who actually watches some of the stuff fans do.

We need to strongly give him a pass for the style in matches coming up to Xmas. His job is just to keep us solid and picking up enough points until then.

Lets see once hopefully we can get in some attacking quality in January. Until this we can't expect anything more than battling performances. To get a point today vs a quality Stoke side was a good result, no way we were going to play them off the park.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The most telling comment he made I thought was “It’s a tough gig this one” - I think he must be very concerned about messing his record up of no relegations. 
Whatever happens it really seems that he wants to try and help get the club settled down and must believe he could do it - I just worry that it might be a task too far this season 

• Like 2

Disappointed with parts of that interview.

I'm fed up of managers talking about when we get X player back or waiting to get to the next transfer window.

TP is a vastly experienced coach. He should be saying that despite injuries or gaps in the squad, he is working on the players he has and the tactics that he needs to play to make us a more effective unit, particularly going forward. That would help the confidence of existing players, which he was surprised was lacking after the midweek game.

He's clearly inherited massive problems, so isn't to blame for this mess, but he's been employed to make a difference now, not January. Zero attempts on target (again) isn't good enough.

There are positives clearly in defence and organisation, so he rightly can point to some progress.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

The most telling comment he made I thought was “It’s a tough gig this one” - I think he must be very concerned about messing his record up of no relegations. 
Whatever happens it really seems that he wants to try and help get the club settled down and must believe he could do it - I just worry that it might be a task too far this season 

Yep same. Think the realisation of the task has set in, now he's realised how limited our attacking options are.

At least we have a manager who gets the players to battle now, gives us a chance. Stay in touch and strengthen in Jan.

With Monk still at the helm we'd be royally rogered.

It seems obvious Pulis is treading water with this squad until he can improve it with his own staff and players

He knows they’re all sh!te but will try to make us difficult to beat while they’re still here because he knows there’s no way this squad can push forward to win games due to being w@nk

6 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Disappointed with parts of that interview.

I'm fed up of managers talking about when we get X player back or waiting to get to the next transfer window.

TP is a vastly experienced coach. He should be saying that despite injuries or gaps in the squad, he is working on the players he has and the tactics that he needs to play to make us a more effective unit, particularly going forward. That would help the confidence of existing players, which he was surprised was lacking after the midweek game.

He's clearly inherited massive problems, so isn't to blame for this mess, but he's been employed to make a difference now, not January. Zero attempts on target (again) isn't good enough.

There are positives clearly in defence and organisation, so he rightly can point to some progress.

You can’t polish a turd, he’s made us harder to beat against some good sides.  I feel Pulis has rightly been very kind with his praise to the players in interviews so far, but behind close doors he must be thinking wow, what an average bunch of players here.   

Yes we need wins but I expect his plan is to build a solid foundation and get a couple more draws in the next 2 games and then really target the following bunch of games as more winnable, against weaker sides in the league

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Chow said:

Another good point with a crap team. At least we’re not conceding for fun 

We are now averaging 1pt per game (with the -6 back)

It is not a good point, stoke were absolute foookin shyte...and we couldn't lay a glove on em.

1pt a game is relegation form from here on in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Errol Flashman said:

Don't forget we gave David  Jones for 3 years. 

That's £200m in wages right there.

He was an amazingly crazy signing on a long contract esp as when he arrived it was obvious it was a big effort to do more than walking pace. Boyd was better but was well over the hill and should have gone straight back to Peterborough from Burnley. Jos got something out of him 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Tony Pulis: "The three games I’ve been involved in, I don’t think you can fault the efforts.

It’s obvious where we have to be improve but for now, we have to get on with it.

They are a good group but there are certain areas we need to improve.

To win games you need quality, leg beaters, be a threat.

I don’t think any supporters for this club would tell you any different that we need to improve these areas "

"We were solid today. They are a very, very good side and have got a great depth of quality in the team. "We are short in areas that we need to address."

"I’ve been here for three games, and the attitudes have been first class… The Preston result, I don’t think we lose with 11. Against Swansea we played well. Today we were solid against a very good side with a depth of quality."

I am pleased with the defensive fundamentals but to win games of football you have got to have it at both ends.

We have got tough games coming up but the players’ attitude has been first class.

We are short in areas that we need to address.

You need goals and people who can sniff out goals for you.

We need to get through to the window and get some more quality in.

On taking Jordan Rhodes off:

I thought the team would benefit from that change. It won’t be the first time I have done it and it won’t be the last.

Jordan will be disappointed but I will have a chat with him.

We have a top top manager !!  It’ll not be pretty but under Tony Pulis Sheffield wednesday will become one the most feared teams in the country #fact.     UTO 

28 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

We have a top top manager !!  It’ll not be pretty but under Tony Pulis Sheffield wednesday will become one the most feared teams in the country #fact.     UTO 

This is true

Every football fan in the whole world will see the famous words 'SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY' and immediately fear having to watch us play

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox

Honest from 🧢 

we've taken points off two playoff contenders this week. That’s not bad going when you consider we have no offence. Hopefully that’ll change in January. Big Tone knows where it’s at 👊 

1 hour ago, horny owl said:

It seems obvious Pulis is treading water with this squad until he can improve it with his own staff and players

He knows they’re all sh!te but will try to make us difficult to beat while they’re still here because he knows there’s no way this squad can push forward to win games due to being w@nk

Yep, eventually once Pulis has got more of the injured players back and signed a few in January then we will have seen the last of JVA, Pelupessy, Dawson and the likes. Pulis is gonna love to work with Iorfa and Flint.

Edited by full fathom five