Tony Pulis Post Match Comments

Tony Pulis: "The three games I’ve been involved in, I don’t think you can fault the efforts.

It’s obvious where we have to be improve but for now, we have to get on with it.

They are a good group but there are certain areas we need to improve.

To win games you need quality, leg beaters, be a threat.

I don’t think any supporters for this club would tell you any different that we need to improve these areas "

"We were solid today. They are a very, very good side and have got a great depth of quality in the team. "We are short in areas that we need to address."

"I’ve been here for three games, and the attitudes have been first class… The Preston result, I don’t think we lose with 11. Against Swansea we played well. Today we were solid against a very good side with a depth of quality."

I am pleased with the defensive fundamentals but to win games of football you have got to have it at both ends.

We have got tough games coming up but the players’ attitude has been first class.

We are short in areas that we need to address.

You need goals and people who can sniff out goals for you.

We need to get through to the window and get some more quality in.

On taking Jordan Rhodes off:

I thought the team would benefit from that change. It won’t be the first time I have done it and it won’t be the last.

Jordan will be disappointed but I will have a chat with him.

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

On the lack of goals:

We need more quality.

Kadeem was a threat today but we need a little more quality in midfield and in the final third.

The players worked really hard today.

The attitude and the work has been very, very good.

As a manager, I can’t ask for no more than that. Yes, I want more quality. Yes, I want more goals and we will keep working.

Owlstalk Shop

Did anyone ask him why he chose to put Harris down the left second half when he looked a decent threat from the right in the first half and has largely been garbage when played on the left side? 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think the press will even mention it again

It'll just be a detail in the press conference they heard and didn't notice

He mentioned it other day in the pre match and nobdy picked up on it.

To be jones, if we'd won today I doubt it would be getting much traction either

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Tony Pulis: "The three games I’ve been involved in, I don’t think you can fault the efforts.

It’s obvious where we have to be improve but for now, we have to get on with it.

They are a good group but there are certain areas we need to improve.

To win games you need quality, leg beaters, be a threat.

I don’t think any supporters for this club would tell you any different that we need to improve these areas "

"We were solid today. They are a very, very good side and have got a great depth of quality in the team. "We are short in areas that we need to address."

"I’ve been here for three games, and the attitudes have been first class… The Preston result, I don’t think we lose with 11. Against Swansea we played well. Today we were solid against a very good side with a depth of quality."

I am pleased with the defensive fundamentals but to win games of football you have got to have it at both ends.

We have got tough games coming up but the players’ attitude has been first class.

We are short in areas that we need to address.

You need goals and people who can sniff out goals for you.

We need to get through to the window and get some more quality in.

On taking Jordan Rhodes off:

I thought the team would benefit from that change. It won’t be the first time I have done it and it won’t be the last.

Jordan will be disappointed but I will have a chat with him.

God, he sounded well deflated in that interview.

He's trying to be kind to the players, problem is, this group is a busted flush. Collectively, mentally, this team is a lost cause.

• Like 3