Tony Pulis Post Match Comments

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

On the lack of goals:

We need more quality.

Kadeem was a threat today but we need a little more quality in midfield and in the final third.

The players worked really hard today.

The attitude and the work has been very, very good.

As a manager, I can’t ask for no more than that. Yes, I want more quality. Yes, I want more goals and we will keep working.

He had more quality in Brown, who he sat on the bench

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

God, he sounded well deflated in that interview.

He's trying to be kind to the players, problem is, this group is a busted flush. Collectively, mentally, this team is a lost cause.

Exactly. On a one way street to league one. Simply don’t have good enough players to win games and keep us in this division. 

Pulis is doing the only thing that he can with our tragic squad and that’s making us very hard to beat. 
He needs time to get some reasonable strikers  in through the door.

I reckon that he’ll sort it but we just have to put up with virtually zero attacking threat until he does.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Rhodes on £35 grand a week yeah.. any wonder he don't look up for it.. comfortable.

Why bring up his wage?

Did you think we looked better with Paterson up front, or with Brown up front?

We really didn’t, did we?

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Can we break down the £350m. Because if true, that’s utterly outrageous. 

Back of the envelope maths here, but:

60 million buying the stadium just to break even on FFP

80 million spent above revenue over 6 years (the FFP limit)

Revenues from the past 6 years total around 150 million

That's straight up to almost 300 million.

Taking into account stadium upgrades and other activities it's not beyond the realms of possibility...

Whatever the actual figure, it's certainly eye-watering considering where we currently find ourselves.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Pulis is doing the only thing that he can with our tragic squad and that’s making us very hard to beat. 
He needs time to get some reasonable strikers  in through the door.

I reckon that he’ll sort it but we just have to put up with virtually zero attacking threat until he does.

Would agree with that.

You know, when someone like Pulis is whistling through his teeth, that we are in the crap big time!

12 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Back of the envelope maths here, but:

60 million buying the stadium just to break even on FFP

80 million spent above revenue over 6 years (the FFP limit)

Revenues from the past 6 years total around 150 million

That's straight up to almost 300 million.

Maybe I'm being thick but there's no way a definition of "DC's spent £350m on SWFC" should include club revenues. If I buy a cornershop which takes in £35k p.a. and spends £40k p.a. then I'm spending the purchase price (and any capital expenditure) plus the £5k p.a. shortfall,  not plus the entire £40k outgoings.

That said, the above list doesn't include the purchase price - how much did DC pay Milan for the club (plus writing off the debts at the time)?

The form of Coventry and Rotherham (expect Wycombe to drop off and finish bottom still) is the biggest worry as they are setting a high tide mark to stay up. We need 3 whipping boys.

Pulis's comments show he knows what he is doing. Just trying to keep the gap manageable until January then I think he'll be very blunt with Chansiri that you spend £10m now or you are going down with a whimper. What did Garry Monk expect this side to actually turn into?

We'll need that investment even if we stay up as the season after will be more of the same otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

He had more quality in Brown, who he sat on the bench

Not sure if I've missed it elsewhere but why is brown on the bench? Can understand for first game back after injury but thats 3 on the bounce now isn't it?