Tony Pulis Post Match Comments

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

Disappointed with parts of that interview.

I'm fed up of managers talking about when we get X player back or waiting to get to the next transfer window.

TP is a vastly experienced coach. He should be saying that despite injuries or gaps in the squad, he is working on the players he has and the tactics that he needs to play to make us a more effective unit, particularly going forward. That would help the confidence of existing players, which he was surprised was lacking after the midweek game.

He's clearly inherited massive problems, so isn't to blame for this mess, but he's been employed to make a difference now, not January. Zero attempts on target (again) isn't good enough.

There are positives clearly in defence and organisation, so he rightly can point to some progress.

You do realise he has been here two weeks 

He ain't jesus 

FFS 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

We are now averaging 1pt per game (with the -6 back)

It is not a good point, stoke were absolute foookin shyte...and we couldn't lay a glove on em.

1pt a game is relegation form from here on in.

This squad was always going down, its terribly weak

If we have a war chest in jan we have a chance under Pulis. Without the war chest we are simply in league 1 next season imo

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

On the lack of goals:

We need more quality.

Kadeem was a threat today but we need a little more quality in midfield and in the final third.

The players worked really hard today.

The attitude and the work has been very, very good.

As a manager, I can’t ask for no more than that. Yes, I want more quality. Yes, I want more goals and we will keep working.

He's got Luongo and Bannan in midfield with Brown on the bench. All three are very decent at this level. Reach wide has been decent for the last couple of games, today not so much. Harris, the jury is out. I don't think we lack quality in midfield if he can find a way to get the best from them.

The problem is in attack.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

He's got Luongo and Bannan in midfield with Brown on the bench. All three are very decent at this level. Reach wide has been decent for the last couple of games, today not so much. Harris, the jury is out. I don't think we lack quality in midfield if he can find a way to get the best from them.

The problem is in attack.

Agree,  a midfield 3 that includes from the likes of Bannan, Luongo, Paterson, Brown and Shaw is good enough. It’s the front 3 that needs serious work.  We need more pace and physicality up there