BREAKING NEWS. Up to 4000 fans to be allowed at outdoor sports venues

Yet another restriction that makes no sense. 

It isn't based on available toilets

It isn't based on individual stand capacity

It isn't based on density of seats

It does nothing to address food and beverage serving 

It doesn't account for open air or covered stands. 

It doesn't specify if it's home fans only, saving away fans travelling into and through other areas. 

It's classic poo guidance, again. For the sake of the health of our fans I hope we all take a sensible approach to this. It's reckless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Manwë said:

Then there'll be no-one allowed in.

Targeted approach to this is correct IMO,and the tiered system did look to be working when you look at the figures for Sheffield in the weeks before lockdown when Sheffield was Tier 3, the cases were falling.

Football clubs can start to get some revenue in, and those who don't want to go won't be forced to go.  

it went up like a rocket when students arrived same happened in nottingham it did come down by over 50% but its gone back up again to around 400 mark ,we will almost certainly be in tier 3 . 

23 minutes ago, morganowl said:

it went up like a rocket when students arrived same happened in nottingham it did come down by over 50% but its gone back up again to around 400 mark ,we will almost certainly be in tier 3 . 

Where's that figure coming from mate? 263.5 per 100k according to this...

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/search?postcode=s6 1sw

It's like Boris saying the pubs can stay openTill 11pm to give people an Hours drinking up time, but will then put everyone in tier 3 so the pubs aren't allowed to open anyway. 

Its typical politician spin to try and make people think the government are giving us something back. 

It's utter horse sheite. 

• Like 2

No chance. Just assume anything you want to do is cancelled until late next year. 

Theres no way they'll allow away fans in any of the stadiums either, travelling from say.. Bristol up to Sheffield on a Saturday with a couple of stops on the way? Nah.

My initial thoughts:

No singing or shouting allowed, so we should be Ok on that front.

Will you be allowed to have a beer at half-time or would you have to have a substantial meal with it?

I'd probably still get someone about 7 foot tall sat in front of me.

Seeing how well run the club is currently they'll probably just open the lower West Stand stand and triangle. 

Glad I don't have a ST as would hate to be selected to go, be like watching a reserve game or an JPT 1st leg tie.