Record at Preston

It's absyml , only 1 win their in the last 22 league games and that was 2011/12 when we were promoted from league one , we have won their twice in that time in the cup.

Time to put that right tomorrow , if we can manage to get a goal that is.

Guest wilyfox

I’m not expecting anything. We’ve no clue how we’ll line up. Lots of absentees, and we can’t score. If we scrape a bore-draw that’d be very decent.

Said it in another thread, this is my most visited away ground, never seen us win.  First match was when Prendo broke his leg (1974?), and that was a boring 0-0.  Last one was 2-1 defeat last year.  As I cannot be there this time, nailed on we win lol

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

I must have been at the 1 win in 2011/12 but don't for the life of me remember it.
Looked it up and was New Years Eve and Batth and Marshall scored but still none the wiser in a 2-0 win

Will predict a win tomorrow as Wednesday always seems to play like World Beaters for a couple of games when changing manager.

Edited by matthefish2002

10 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I must have been at the 1 win in 2011/12 but don't for the life of me remember it.
Looked it up and was New Years Eve and Batth and Marshall scored but still none the wiser in a 2-0 win

Will predict a win tomorrow as Wednesday always seems to play like World Beaters for a couple of games when changing manager.

I was there. 

Preston were truly terrible then. 

Dcebt game then back to Sheffield for a few nye bevvies. Lovely day 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Said it in another thread, this is my most visited away ground, never seen us win.  First match was when Prendo broke his leg (1974?), and that was a boring 0-0.  Last one was 2-1 defeat last year.  As I cannot be there this time, nailed on we win lol

I've actually seen us win twice there , the one in 2011 and the other in the fa cup 3rd round around 92 , we won 2-1 I think 

46 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I like the thought of Marshall and Batth being none the wiser after scoring. 😁

• Haha 1

Great day out at Preston but inevitably the big following and fun in the run up to the game is soon dealt a blow once kick off arrives.

Maybe without the 5000 plus vocal and expectant Wednesday fans there will be a pleasant change in outcome.

35 minutes ago, Watto said:

I've actually seen us win twice there , the one in 2011 and the other in the fa cup 3rd round around 92 , we won 2-1 I think 

I remember the Cup win in 1992. Think it is the only Wednesday match I have ever seen played on a plastic pitch. IIRC Bart Williams and Sheridan got our goals in a 2-0 win.
Chris Woods had a brilliant game and I think we were struggling with flu going round the players at the time. 
Was same day Wrexham beat Arsenal in a Giant Killing as was the main sports story on the radio going home. (Strange things you can remember)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

I was there for the FAC cup did Jemson score?

Ground was a lot different back then. Did they still have the plastic pitch, also were the away fans in the opposite end to where they are now or I have dreamt that?

The plastic pitch was removed in '94, so it would've still been in place for the cup game. As Matthefish said, the scorers were Bart-Williams and Sheridan.