Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It's absyml , only 1 win their in the last 22 league games and that was 2011/12 when we were promoted from league one , we have won their twice in that time in the cup.

Time to put that right tomorrow , if we can manage to get a goal that is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Said it in another thread, this is my most visited away ground, never seen us win.  First match was when Prendo broke his leg (1974?), and that was a boring 0-0.  Last one was 2-1 defeat last year.  As I cannot be there this time, nailed on we win lol


"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

I must have been at the 1 win in 2011/12 but don't for the life of me remember it.
Looked it up and was New Years Eve and Batth and Marshall scored but still none the wiser in a 2-0 win

 

Will predict a win tomorrow as Wednesday always seems to play like World Beaters for a couple of games when changing manager.

Edited by matthefish2002
Link to post
Share on other sites

PNE not won at home all season and scored one goal at home. Surely we have to stop being THAT team. Honeymoon period under a new manager hopefully will go in our favour and we scrape a win. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I must have been at the 1 win in 2011/12 but don't for the life of me remember it.
Looked it up and was New Years Eve and Batth and Marshall scored but still none the wiser in a 2-0 win

 

Will predict a win tomorrow as Wednesday always seems to play like World Beaters for a couple of games when changing manager.

I was there. 

 

 

Preston were truly terrible then. 

 

Dcebt game then back to Sheffield for a few nye bevvies. Lovely day 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Said it in another thread, this is my most visited away ground, never seen us win.  First match was when Prendo broke his leg (1974?), and that was a boring 0-0.  Last one was 2-1 defeat last year.  As I cannot be there this time, nailed on we win lol

I've actually seen us win twice there , the one in 2011 and the other in the fa cup 3rd round around 92 , we won 2-1 I think 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

I was there. 

 

 

Preston were truly terrible then. 

 

Dcebt game then back to Sheffield for a few nye bevvies. Lovely day 

Yes we took a decent following for New Year’s Eve 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I must have been at the 1 win in 2011/12 but don't for the life of me remember it.
Looked it up and was New Years Eve and Batth and Marshall scored but still none the wiser in a 2-0 win

 

Will predict a win tomorrow as Wednesday always seems to play like World Beaters for a couple of games when changing manager.

 

I like the thought of Marshall and Batth being none the wiser after scoring. 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great day out at Preston but inevitably the big following and fun in the run up to the game is soon dealt a blow once kick off arrives.

 

Maybe without the 5000 plus vocal and expectant Wednesday fans there will be a pleasant change in outcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Watto said:

I've actually seen us win twice there , the one in 2011 and the other in the fa cup 3rd round around 92 , we won 2-1 I think 

 

I remember the Cup win in 1992. Think it is the only Wednesday match I have ever seen played on a plastic pitch. IIRC Bart Williams and Sheridan got our goals in a 2-0 win.
Chris Woods had a brilliant game and I think we were struggling with flu going round the players at the time. 
Was same day Wrexham beat Arsenal in a Giant Killing as was the main sports story on the radio going home. (Strange things you can remember)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

I was there for the FAC cup did Jemson score?

 

Ground was a lot different back then. Did they still have the plastic pitch, also were the away fans in the opposite end to where they are now or I have dreamt that?

 

The plastic pitch was removed in '94, so it would've still been in place for the cup game. As Matthefish said, the scorers were Bart-Williams and Sheridan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...