I blame Helan

Guest domSWFC

Guest domSWFC

If only, if only this boy hit that shot in the last minute at Wembley rocketing into the top corner of the goal instead of the stand. Game goes into extra time and we win on pens. 

Carlos had a dream, but Helan woke him up. 

Cheers Jezza. If we get Sol Bloody Campbell, it's all your fault. 

Just now, vulva said:

If he could play football he would have made a career as a footballer. By some distance the quickest player I’ve seen play for us. 

See I don’t think he was that bad of a player. Not the best footballer but incredibly quick and could stretch teams with his pace. Few times in that season under Carlos we’d bring Helan on and he’d help us see a game out. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, canadianowl said:

Jeremy wasn't the finished product but you cannot coach pace like he had, omg the guy was lightening! Crazy how he quit football to become an Imam or something weird. To each their own I guess.

Sure I read something where he’d said he realised at Wembley in the Play Off Final that football didn’t give him the same buzz or thirst for life that his religion did. Fair play to him, he turned his back on millions in wages in all likelihood. 

• Like 4

Guest domSWFC
1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

Sure I read something where he’d said he realised at Wembley in the Play Off Final that football didn’t give him the same buzz or thirst for life that his religion did. Fair play to him, he turned his back on millions in wages in all likelihood. 

Bet hearing Wembley erupt after scoring in the last minute would have changed his mind. Imagine the scenes. 

9 hours ago, domSWFC said:

If only, if only this boy hit that shot in the last minute at Wembley rocketing into the top corner of the goal instead of the stand. Game goes into extra time and we win on pens. 

Carlos had a dream, but Helan woke him up. 

Cheers Jezza. If we get Sol Bloody Campbell, it's all your fault. 

I remember that as if it was yesterday, I was convinced it was going to go in when he lined it up :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

My focus / recurring nightmare has always been on their goal.

Can't help but wonder if Pudil should've done better at attempting to block the shot?

I don't think he needed to turn away like he did, he was close enough to just go all out to block it.

Then, of course, Westwood was very close to getting his fingers to it.

I was a big fan of Pudil, but I also have nightmares about him losing his man for the Huddersfield equaliser.

Guest domSWFC
Just now, PortlandOwl said:

Loved those crazy runs he used to go on down the left wing. Never seemed to end up going anywhere in particular.

Almost like a faster Harris. 

Let's not crucify Helan for one missed shot.. He wasn't the only one to have a go at goal. Or was he?

If we're going to do that, one person who's name must be very near the top of he list is the current idol,Barry Bannan, who , quite frankly, when shooting at goal, even in warm ups, can't; literally, hit the proverbial barn door.

And he's far from being the only one"! 

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

Ah jezza Helan . The over the top praise for semedo , megson, Hutchinson etc etc pales into insignificance when compared to this guy . He really was woeful . Makes kadeem Harris look like a wing wizard 

Really? Was he that bad? Steady championship player imo. 

• Like 1