Campaign to get DC to act

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

We the supporters do not own the club but in my view we need to start a campaign to get DC to act.

The inept Monk should have been fired last March pre-lockdown 1 but we are where we are.

Any ideas of making DC aware of the need to dismiss Monk need to be urgently expedited.

To start with @Owlstalk owes us all one for championing Monk over many months.

I propose a full-blooded Owlstalk campaign to get DC to sack the inept Monk  the Bournemouth game.

Any ideas should be welcome and encouraged to get the message through to DC.

The only way to get Chansiri a attention is to cut off the remaining revenue the club gets, ie, ifollow and club shop sales. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Maybe we need a collective statement, then everyone copies and pasts it and sends it?

Yeah that would be best. I imagine it would end up being “Monk out”. 

Still think sending emails isn’t a bad idea. He has specifically asked that if there are problems they should come to him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The only way to get Chansiri a attention is to cut off the remaining revenue the club gets, ie, ifollow and club shop sales. 

lol

Again with the 'let's not give the billionaire a tenner' 

He's already said "I tell you now - your money pays for NOTHING"

Add to that we're always told how MINTED he is and how it's only the EFL stopping him from spending multimillions on us

lol

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

lol

Again with the 'let's not give the billionaire a tenner' 

He's already said "I tell you now - your money pays for NOTHING"

Add to that we're always told how MINTED he is and how it's only the EFL stopping him from spending multimillions on us

lol

I refuse to pay for ifollow, and I haven't bought owt from the shop for years. 

4 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

@areNOTwhatTHEYseem

I got the Birmingham game on iFollow  -  lovely jubbly win 

Brentford on someone’s Sky Go  - good endeavour in defeat 

Was out and about for the Luton game  - saw the highlights - dreadful - was never going to pay for the Rotherham game 

Rotherham game - terrible - glad I didn’t pay - not paying for the next game 

Wycombe game - terrible - glad I didn’t pay - not paying for another game with Monk here, it’s apparent we aren’t building anything 

I'm a total sucker - yesterday was the first game I've not paid to watch this season.

I totally agree, though - there's nothing to support at the moment, is there? Watching an empty stadium on TV was always off-putting as it was; paying a tenner a game to watch us meekly lose against the weakest teams the division has to offer is a step too far.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

there's nothing to support at the moment, is there? Watching an empty stadium on TV was always off-putting as it was; paying a tenner a game to watch us meekly lose against the weakest teams the division has to offer is a step too far.

I’ve got a season ticket - it’s been a real chore going to Hillsborough... so with iFollow I’d probably pick to watch 1 in 3 games or so... I’m happy to give the club £10 if we were at least bang average... but we’re below that 😟

As @@owlstalk says, the Chairman possibly doesn’t need our money (but wants it) .... I guess me and you are saying it’s symbolic at least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I hope to God that no-one is as disrespectful as to throw the elephants in the river.

That’s not a protest, that’s hate.

And where is the respect he has shown the fans? The comments he's made in the past at forums when on the defensive, the ridiculous prices he has charged loyal supporters who were here a long time before him, the ditching the stripes and the clubs identity, the list goes on.

The man demands respect and yet gives absolutely nothing to earn it. The soft bellied approach alot of our fanbase seem to take, has seen us go absolutely nowhere apart from a downward spiral. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

And where is the respect he has shown the fans? The comments he's made in the past at forums when on the defensive, the ridiculous prices he has charged loyal supporters who were here a long time before him, the ditching the stripes and the clubs identity, the list goes on.

The man demands respect and yet gives absolutely nothing to earn it. The soft bellied approach alot of our fanbase seem to take, has seen us go absolutely nowhere apart from a downward spiral. 

Hate might be the answer in your world, but it isn’t in mine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

I’ve got a season ticket - it’s been a real chore going to Hillsborough... so with iFollow I’d probably pick to watch 1 in 3 games or so... I’m happy to give the club £10 if we were at least bang average... but we’re below that 😟

As @@owlstalk says, the Chairman possibly doesn’t need our money (but wants it) .... I guess me and you are saying it’s symbolic at least. 

Yep.

Maybe what Neil is suggesting is true and Chansiri's words were to be taken at face value (although I have my doubts given the club referred to ifollow as a source of  'vital revenue'), but even so, it's all we have.

If there were suddenly no Wednesday fans watching our next game, it would at least register a protest.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Why would chucking his elephant statues in the river help the situation, though?

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Set up Wednesday Fans FC

rent a local ground from Stocksbridge, Hallam etc

get a decent kit and badge 

decent fanzine 

one member, one vote 

Get fans to spend their money on that instead of Chansiri's Wednesday.

The mere existence of this would get hos attention you'd hope....

• Haha 2