Campaign to get DC to act

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep.

Maybe what Neil is suggesting is true and Chansiri's words were to be taken at face value (although I have my doubts given the club referred to ifollow as a source of  'vital revenue'), but even so, it's all we have.

If there were suddenly no Wednesday fans watching our next game, it would at least register a protest.

Combine all the suggestions, send emails and keep away from the club shop and iFollow. Also write to the local papers and radio stations. The more avenues you hit the bigger the impact.

The truth is though the vast majority of fans will do nothing. It's easy to moan on Owlstalk but they can't be bothered to actually do anything. Out of all the fan base I'd be surprised if you can get more than 1000 or so actually doing anything.

Even when fans were going to games a boycott wouldn't happen in noticeable numbers. Fans won't stay away from games, the pull is too strong.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

I hope to God that no-one is as disrespectful as to throw the elephants in the river.

That’s not a protest, that’s hate.

Yeah I hate them golden elephants me. Wipe them off the face of the earth I say.

Ok then, lets place them carefully and respectfully in the River Don with a lovely note on lavender scented notepaper to Mr Chansiri which says something along the lines of "Dear Mr Supreme Leader, please stop making our club an absolute laughing stock with your utter phuckwittery. Its just not funny anymore, go and find another club to ruin". Best Regards - Your loyal supporters

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

We all have our different views on here but we all have one thing in common in that we are all hooked on Sheffield Wednesday.

My suggested plan is that we all play a part in encouraging DC to act and GET MONK GONE (GMG)

Please, please, please do one or more of the following to support GMG:

Petition

@Owlstalk to start a petition with a banner headline every day this week to get as many GMG signatures as possible

Communicate with Club

Send emails, phone calls, letters, even dust off the old fax machine and communicate with the club.  I will phone tomorrow.

Legends

Those brave individuals like Daz, Grandad and others who fought Dave Allen in Black Balloon to speak to the club about GMG

Social Media

Use Twitter and Instagram, etc. to launch the GET MONK GONE campaign.  Let's get it out there.

Local Press

Anyone who has contacts with local journalists to ask for their help in publicising GMG

Supporter Organisations

The Supporters' Trust and other bodies to make representations to DC himself re GMG

Boycott Millwall game in ifollow

If Monk is still here by next Saturday then protest and do not subscribe to ifollow for the Millwall game

One option we all have is to do nothing but the other is to take action to GET MONK GONE and help save the club we all love.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This. He has never shown us an ounce of respect. He thinks we owe him everything because he came and splashed the cash and had a go.  

I don't respect someone just because they have more money than me - ever

I never respect anyone because they have a more senior position or job than I have - ever

I always respect people who are sound with me - always

• Like 8

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

We all have our different views on here but we all have one thing in common in that we are all hooked on Sheffield Wednesday.

My suggested plan is that we all play a part in encouraging DC to act and GET MONK GONE (GMG)

Please, please, please do one or more of the following to support GMG:

Petition

@Owlstalk to start a petition with a banner headline every day this week to get as many GMG signatures as possible

Communicate with Club

Send emails, phone calls, letters, even dust off the old fax machine and communicate with the club.  I will phone tomorrow.

Legends

Those brave individuals like Daz, Grandad and others who fought Dave Allen in Black Balloon to speak to the club about GMG

Social Media

Use Twitter and Instagram, etc. to launch the GET MONK GONE campaign.  Let's get it out there.

Local Press

Anyone who has contacts with local journalists to ask for their help in publicising GMG

Supporter Organisations

The Supporters' Trust and other bodies to make representations to DC himself re GMG

Boycott Millwall game in ifollow

If Monk is still here by next Saturday then protest and do not subscribe to ifollow for the Millwall game

One option we all have is to do nothing but the other is to take action to GET MONK GONE and help save the club we all love.

Don't include me or this site in any of that claptrap

Chansiri won't do a single thing until HE wants to - no matter how much 'protest' you do

Rule one off war - know your enemy

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

We the supporters do not own the club but in my view we need to start a campaign to get DC to act.

The inept Monk should have been fired last March pre-lockdown 1 but we are where we are.

Any ideas of making DC aware of the need to dismiss Monk need to be urgently expedited.

To start with @Owlstalk owes us all one for championing Monk over many months.

I propose a full-blooded Owlstalk campaign to get DC to sack the inept Monk  the Bournemouth game.

Any ideas should be welcome and encouraged to get the message through to DC.

Only problem I foresee !!! 
it’s not your money 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't respect someone just because they have more money than me - ever

I never respect anyone because they have a more senior position or job than I have - ever

I always respect people who are sound with me - always

True. I have just never liked the way he has come across at Fans Forums. I know language barrier is an issue and we have to respect him for coming out and speaking when English isn’t his first language. But he always came across as on the defensive and as if everyone is out to get him. 

All we really want is a constructive dialogue between the club and the fans. I’ve not felt we’ve had that for a good 2/3 years now. 

• Love 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

True. I have just never liked the way he has come across at Fans Forums. I know language barrier is an issue and we have to respect him for coming out and speaking when English isn’t his first language. But he always came across as on the defensive and as if everyone is out to get him. 

All we really want is a constructive dialogue between the club and the fans. I’ve not felt we’ve had that for a good 2/3 years now. 

The last fans forum I went to was horrific

I went with a mate who wanted to see what Chansiri was all about - he walked out during Chansiri's opening monologue/lecture as he couldn't take watching it anymore

It got steadily worse after that

But of course he got plenty of claps and people fawning over him all night from the usual 'you can do anything to us and we'll still clap' brigade

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

We will do nothing by upsetting him...Simply the way he is.

It will go one of two ways...

He will walk

He will stay and simply carry on with the shambolic running of the club.

Neither are gong to do us, as fans of the club any good.

It would have to be done in a way he would listen

We need to get the King of Thailand to sign up as a "Concerned Owls fan"...and draft a letter

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The last fans forum I went to was horrific

I went with a mate who wanted to see what Chansiri was all about - he walked out during Chansiri's opening monologue/lecture as he couldn't take watching it anymore

It got steadily worse after that

But of course he got plenty of claps and people fawning over him all night from the usual 'you can do anything to us and we'll still clap' brigade

I always remember his if you think sheffield united have a better team, you know nothing about football statement and people stood up and clapped ect. So a guy who said he knew nothing about football a couple of years before, suddenly is an football expert who knows more about football than our supporters do. Who have 100's/1000's of years of knowledge combined. It's mind boggling that people did that. 

Just now, Incognito Owl said:

I always remember his if you think sheffield united have a better team, you know nothing about football statement and people stood up and clapped ect 

The season that Sheffield United stormed it into promotion to the Premier League

Oh how they clapped that night at the fans forum at how clever Chansiri was,  how much better at football he was than Sheffield United, how he knew more  about football than  they did etc

They clapped, they laughed, they squealed in delight at everything Chansiri said that night

It made me physically vomit into my own mouth

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The season that Sheffield United stormed it into promotion to the Premier League

Oh how they clapped that night at the fans forum at how clever Chansiri was,  how much better at football he was than Sheffield United, how he knew more  about football than  they did etc

They clapped, they laughed, they squealed in delight at everything Chansiri said that night

It made me physically vomit into my own mouth

I thought it was the season before. I didn't go, but was keeping up with updates on here and from Dom ect. It will always stick with me though.

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I’m regards to the club, Chansiri, Monk and the players knowing how the fans feel the fact fans aren’t allowed in the ground has worked out well for them. 

Our home games are like a marcel marseux mime session mate. Our fans sit in apathetic silence, leave before the end, and fight any of our own fans who dares to complain that things aren't good enough

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

We the supporters do not own the club but in my view we need to start a campaign to get DC to act.

The inept Monk should have been fired last March pre-lockdown 1 but we are where we are.

Any ideas of making DC aware of the need to dismiss Monk need to be urgently expedited.

To start with @Owlstalk owes us all one for championing Monk over many months.

I propose a full-blooded Owlstalk campaign to get DC to sack the inept Monk  the Bournemouth game.

Any ideas should be welcome and encouraged to get the message through to DC.

I blame Neil for this above DC and Monk! All went down hill after he changed the server.

• Haha 2