The goalkeeping call tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No choice mate. He’s the only fit defensive midfielder we have. Hunt and Dele simply can’t play that role although it is actually arguable that neither can Joey!!

My point is that we don't need one against Wycombe. It's Wycombe FFS

Plus Pelupessy doesn't actually defend very well, and literally destroys any semblance of forward play we have. 

If you play Pelupessy in a 2 then you effectively ask Bannan to do the job of two players.

• Like 1

He's got to go Wildsmith tomorrow. I'm not keen on either as the number 1 but playing Dawson is not the right move for the team or Dawson. I think he will stick with the  3 -5 - 2. He seems to be totally sold on this being the right way to go. I can see him going with a back 3 of Palmer, Iorfa, Borner. Personally I would like to see us go  4 - 4 - 1 -1 with either Windass or Brown in behind Patterson or Rhodes.

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Palmer has a good first touch, can pass and has some footballing intelligence.

Pelupessy has none of those things.

Plus, we don't really have any other options at the back, but we do have options in midfield

Palmer cannot defend, cannot cross a ball, and definately cannot track back

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Probably the biggest decision Monk has to make tomorrow.

Does he show faith in Dawson knowing that those first 10 minutes or so are going to make or break him?

Or does he pick Wildsmith who didn’t cover himself in glory post lockdown?

Apparently Westwood is sidelined at least until January under new EFL rules regardless of who the manager is?

I suspect behind the scenes Monk is pushing strongly to sign Lee Camp but DC hasn’t budged on this yet?

If he drops Dawson, it’ll be the third time in three seasons that he’s been dropped due to form. You would have to doubt that he’ll recover from this and we’re stuck with him for the next 3 seasons?

It’s a big chance for Wildsmith but I doubt he’ll take it as he’s never really grasped opportunities before though I did think he was unlucky to lose his place to Dawson when Lukuhay was manager.

The goalkeeping situation was always going to be a big call. A lot of us said this season of all seasons we needed an experienced championship performer. Sadly it looks like it’s another call this managerial genius has got wrong?

In answer to the question, Wildsmith. What’s the reason Westwood couldn’t play until January?

Just now, sexpistol said:

In answer to the question, Wildsmith. What’s the reason Westwood couldn’t play until January?

I saw it on twitter yesterday. You have to submit your squad of 25 before the start of the season. Westwood wasn’t given a squad number so subsequently he’s not available until January at the earliest. We have places available for free agents so signing Lee Camp remains a possibility?

• Thanks 1

Dawson's confidence must be shot by now and the team are likely to be shaky with him goal.  Time for Wildsmith to get a chance for me and if he can't take it we'll need to recruit a new keeper in January as Westwood won't get a look in.

Guest Hornsby
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

His ego mostly

'All players have egos, ' just read somewhere on here.

Westwood should start. Club is at stake.

And without 12 points loss, we would have been bought for sportswashing instead of Derby. 

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Does he show faith in Dawson knowing that those first 10 minutes or so are going to make or break him?

Apparently Westwood is sidelined at least until January under new EFL rules regardless of who the manager is?

I suspect behind the scenes Monk is pushing strongly to sign Lee Camp but DC hasn’t budged on this yet?

If he drops Dawson, it’ll be the third time in three seasons that he’s been dropped due to form. You would have to doubt that he’ll recover from this and we’re stuck with him for the next 3 seasons?

It’s a big chance for Wildsmith but I doubt he’ll take it as he’s never really grasped opportunities before though I did think he was unlucky to lose his place to Dawson when Lukuhay was manager.

The goalkeeping situation was always going to be a big call. A lot of us said this season of all seasons we needed an experienced championship performer. Sadly it looks like it’s another call this managerial genius has got wrong?

Both keepers are not good enough and we probably all knew this before the season started. Another masterstroke 

Pretty easy decision. Wether or not Monk thinks he’s better than Wildsmith can not play Dawson.

His confidence is at an all time low, you could see after the 2nd goal he was all over the place, making strange decisions. 

It’s a very simple decision to play Wildsmith. Keeping Dawson in could destroy him.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

I personally don't think it's a hard decision at all.

Dawson has to be dropped for his own sake, his confidence is shot & he needs time away from the spotlight.

Dawson has to be dropped for the sake of Wildsmith who must be wondering what the feck have I done wrong to not get in the side above Calamity Cammy.

Most of all Dawson needs to be dropped for the sake of the team, the players have no confidence in him, he doesn't organise them & it affects their performance.