The goalkeeping call tomorrow.

Probably the biggest decision Monk has to make tomorrow.

Does he show faith in Dawson knowing that those first 10 minutes or so are going to make or break him?

Or does he pick Wildsmith who didn’t cover himself in glory post lockdown?

Apparently Westwood is sidelined at least until January under new EFL rules regardless of who the manager is?

I suspect behind the scenes Monk is pushing strongly to sign Lee Camp but DC hasn’t budged on this yet?

If he drops Dawson, it’ll be the third time in three seasons that he’s been dropped due to form. You would have to doubt that he’ll recover from this and we’re stuck with him for the next 3 seasons?

It’s a big chance for Wildsmith but I doubt he’ll take it as he’s never really grasped opportunities before though I did think he was unlucky to lose his place to Dawson when Lukuhay was manager.

The goalkeeping situation was always going to be a big call. A lot of us said this season of all seasons we needed an experienced championship performer. Sadly it looks like it’s another call this managerial genius has got wrong?

Guest Therealrealist

It doesn’t matter..as I said b4 the season started..Dawson will get the nod till he drops ballax..then wildsmith till he drops ballax..and so on and so on..it’s criminal this situation and it’s all the hapless monks fault

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

Does he show faith in Dawson knowing that those first 10 minutes or so are going to make or break him?

Apparently Westwood is sidelined at least until January under new EFL rules regardless of who the manager is?

I suspect behind the scenes Monk is pushing strongly to sign Lee Camp but DC hasn’t budged on this yet?

If he drops Dawson, it’ll be the third time in three seasons that he’s been dropped due to form. You would have to doubt that he’ll recover from this and we’re stuck with him for the next 3 seasons?

It’s a big chance for Wildsmith but I doubt he’ll take it as he’s never really grasped opportunities before though I did think he was unlucky to lose his place to Dawson when Lukuhay was manager.

The goalkeeping situation was always going to be a big call. A lot of us said this season of all seasons we needed an experienced championship performer. Sadly it looks like it’s another call this managerial genius has got wrong?

So basically this isn't anything to do with goalkeepers at all but (PREDICTABLY) just another Monk thread

Ok then Jim

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

So basically this isn't anything to do with goalkeepers at all but (PREDICTABLY) just another Monk thread

Ok then Jim

Well seeing Monk has to make the decision tomorrow, this was inevitable surely?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

It doesn’t matter..as I said b4 the season started..Dawson will get the nod till he drops ballax..then wildsmith till he drops ballax..and so on and so on..it’s criminal this situation and it’s all the hapless monks fault

game by game rotation policy then?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Is this really his biggest decision tomorrow? 

I'd imagine deciding who plays at the back in place of Flint, Lees, and Van Aken is the biggest decision to be honest. 

Nah that’s easy Odubajo, Palmer, Borner... in fact having read that can we play both Goalkeepers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Jim said:

Knowing Monk's policy of playing every player out of position. It will probably be Rhodes in goal tomorrow 

• Haha 3

Just now, stumps said:

Nah that’s easy Odubajo, Palmer, Borner... in fact having read that can we play both Goalkeepers

Monk is so incompitant he will continue playing three at the back tomorrow when he only has ONE centre half available. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Is this really his biggest decision tomorrow? 

I'd imagine deciding who plays at the back in place of Flint, Lees, and Van Aken is the biggest decision to be honest. 

Come on now - this thread isn't about goalkeepers at all

Jim could have just as easily made it about the front two, or the back three, or the midfield

It's just a Monk thread wrapped up as something else to deceive you

You don't even have to analyse the OP to realise it - you just need to see that Jim's started a thread which will immediately guide you towards the light of truth

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox

Wildsmith    
         Palmer.   Iorfa.   Borner

Harris.  Pelupessy. Bannan.  Reach

Brown

Paterson. Windass