Keiren Westwood on his way OUT of SWFC

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What would you do in his position?  Go get a job which pays half the amount he's getting now?

Depends on his personality.

If it was me, i'm tight and good with money so i'd like to think i'd have plenty in the bank and would then talk a lesser wage and continue playing because I love footy.

• Love 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

So he's just a moneygrabber then?
Who knows that by staying it cripples us in how much we can spend on new players/wages - effectively risking relegation for the club

Thanks for the clarification

No, he's not a money grabber he is honouring the contract that he agreed with the club.  Most would do exactly the same in his position.

I take it this thread was the clickbait one we planned the other week as was my thread about Westwood?

Or could it be that there had been bids for Westwood in the past but the club have quoted such silly prices that other clubs have though what's the point when you are dealing with DC.

There have been bids from Boro, Cardiff and other over the last few seasons. Which suggest the reason he aint going is either they are not offer as much as the club are paying him or the club is not allowing him to speak with other clubs because of the fees wanted.

Blackburn were interest this season apparently but will probably have been scared off by his wages. 

The club would just be better of coming to an agreement with the play to finish of his contract early, the club pay maybe 70% of his yearly contract and he leaves for a free to another club. We save a bit on his wages and he goes elsewhere. Its a lot better than him sitting at home for the full season.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who knows that by staying it cripples us in how much we can spend on new players/wages - effectively risking relegation for the club

Come on , we are all moneygrabbers. Most human nature.

I assume he got a massive new contract based on Bruce's opinion which will do for me.

Saved us a slaughtering at Wembley. 

4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

And why give him a new massive contract after Jos binned Westy?

Bruce gave him the contract.

Chansiri probably trusted Bruce's footballing experience and opinion.

The week after Bruce bent the club over and walked out.

Club is stuck with him for another 2 years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Crippling us really !!! yes you don’t like the bloke , so you would move on for much less to help out ? Seriously . You could argue ALL players are money grabbers and why not it’s a short career 

Just now, tomhollywood said:

I think if he's not going to play then obviously the best option is that he leaves and frees up wages to spend elsewhere.

However, if nobody wants to buy him then we're stuck.

He would need his head testing if left for a less well paid job. Which club would pay him the same wage when he can't even hold down a first team place at his present club?

Just nonsensical to think he would leave for a less well pass job. 

FWIW Up until say a season ago I would have him as first choice but since then I do think that his performances haven't merited that and I'm not surprised that the club has put their focus on the other goalkeepers.

He has been a brilliant keeper for us, if I was him I would offer to help with the progression of the keepers at the club.

The only thing that concerns me IF he is a disruptive influence is - what have the young lads done to deserve such a pr1ck in their midst everyday? They’re at their must influenced and it’s probably tougher for them if he’s whinging in the dressing room all the time and slating the management (I’m not saying he is). So I do wonder if paying up a big part of his contract is better all round. Either that or let him go and work with the groundstaff! Mind you, then they’d be miserable! Club shop - oh then they’d be miserable. Gardening leave? His missus would be upset but the club would be happier. Maybe that will happen if nobody comes in for him  😀

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He would need his head testing if left for a less well paid job. Which club would pay him the same wage when he can't even hold down a first team place at his present club?

Just nonsensical to think he would leave for a less well pass job. 

FWIW Up until say a season ago I would have him as first choice but since then I do think that his performances haven't merited that and I'm not surprised that the club has put their focus on the other goalkeepers.

He has been a brilliant keeper for us, if I was him I would offer to help with the progression of the keepers at the club.

I agree on his performances.

It would be nonsensical to most people. Like I said in the other post though, depends on his personality.

If you've got millions in the bank, what difference is a few more hundred thou?!

The money issue is by the by though. Nobody is coming in for him so both parties are stuck really.