Keiren Westwood on his way OUT of SWFC

If Westwood wanted to play football he could move elsewhere

If Westwood was that good clubs would be lining up to buy/loan him

If Westwood was that good for a club numerous managers wouldn't have frozen him right out of the entire picture

If Westwood could be put into a first team and immediately improve things and get results why aren't clubs wanting him?

If Westwood didn't have a reputation within football circles why did Chris Kirkland say he definitely DOES?

Owlstalk Shop

34 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t care that he used to be the best goalkeeper we had. That fact is now redundant. He’s a lingering fart now which won’t leave 

And you make my point for me. Crass, coarse, disrespectful, offensive. What's wrong with people?

lol

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't think there is a doubt that he's not the easiest character to appease but what is a managers job actually to do if he were to freeze out every difficult character that comes his way? 

Imagine if Fergie was like that, at various points freeze Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo, Rooney etc out?

Fergie did move on those he found allegedly 'difficult' though didn't he?....so we dont have to 'imagine'...

1 minute ago, tomhollywood said:

I agree on his performances.

It would be nonsensical to most people. Like I said in the other post though, depends on his personality.

If you've got millions in the bank, what difference is a few more hundred thou?!

The money issue is by the by though. Nobody is coming in for him so both parties are stuck really.

We don't know how much he has in the bank, if he has been well advised by his agency then he should be able to live a comfortable lifestyle you would think.  A few hundred thousand more wouldn't hurt though. 

Clubs as Blackburn demonstrated will balk at matching his wages.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If someone will match his wage. 

If someone will match his wage. 

If Westwood was that good for a club numerous managers wouldn't have frozen him right out of the entire picture

Yeah Jos and Monk - those world beating managers - as opposed to Bruce who gave him a new contract

If Westwood could be put into a first team and immediately improve things and get results why aren't clubs wanting him?

Because maybe he wouldn't improve those teams because they already have good goalies. 

If Westwood didn't have a reputation within football circles why did Chris Kirkland say he definitely DOES?

And why do so many chairman see the need to unfairly slag off your hero Garry Monk?

He isn't Lev Yashin. He might not even be Bob Bolder any more. His time may well be up here. He may be the best, second best, third best goalie on the books currently but at his peak he was our best, most consistent keeper for many years. I just think he deserves a bit more respect than he's been getting from some on here regardless of whether he should be in the team or not. 

• Like 5

I don't think there is a doubt that he's not the easiest character to appease but what is a managers job actually to do if he were to freeze out every difficult character that comes his way? 

Imagine if Fergie was like that, at various points freeze Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo, Rooney etc out?

Depends on the type of manager and culture at a football club presumably.

Some managers rule with an iron fist, some are everyones best mate, some don't bother with training and just pick the team, some don't coach and leave to the coaches, others are hands on with the players.

As a manager, they get to call the shots and manage how they see fit.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

He isn't Lev Yashin. He might not even be Bob Bolder any more. His time may well be up here. He may be the best, second best, third best goalie on the books currently but at his peak he was our best, most consistent keeper for many years. I just think he deserves a bit more respect than he's been getting from some on here regardless of whether he should be in the team or not. 

I'll save my respect for people for five years time when the books come out about the last few seasons

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

What's that, making boxes in the box room? It's a far cry from professional football where a decision to put someone on gardening leave is basically not having them work at all at the cost of a small fortune

Ignorent post in my view, & obviously done by some one with little if any management experience...why? because anyone with mngt experience would have recognized the reality expressed in that post.....

What did i learn from management? when ever you deal with 'people' the one thing you can always rely on,is that some will let you down(and themselves)

its how you deal with that,which is what makes a difference.Alleged 'toxic' influences rarely,if ever change,or can be changed.

Result? you have to limit their influence on others, & set an example..'pour encourage les autre'

• Like 2

Why aren't the Westwood lovers able to answer these very simple basic questions?

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We don't know how much he has in the bank, if he has been well advised by his agency then he should be able to live a comfortable lifestyle you would think.  A few hundred thousand more wouldn't hurt though. 

Clubs as Blackburn demonstrated will balk at matching his wages.

Like I said, that would just be my opinion on the money side of it.

God knows what he's like personally. Up to him isn't it. He's got a contract so he's getting a wage. Good luck to him.

I don't really care what happens off the pitch. As long as when 3pm comes the team look like they are putting a shift in and we seem to have a general plan then i'm happy.

Footballers are ten a penny, in the grand scheme of things and our club, he'll soon be gone and drift into the memories along with other ex-players. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And you make my point for me. Crass, coarse, disrespectful, offensive. What's wrong with people?

lol

If you act like a chump you kind of ask for stick to be given. Or does someone of his credentials just get left out for completely no reason? 

• Love 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why aren't the Westwood lovers able to answer these simple questions?

Only two of those are questions. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tomhollywood said:

Depends on the type of manager and culture at a football club presumably.

Some managers rule with an iron fist, some are everyones best mate, some don't bother with training and just pick the team, some don't coach and leave to the coaches, others are hands on with the players.

As a manager, they get to call the shots and manage how they see fit.

Yes and we judge whether they're correct on the shots they call- in my opinion he got this dreadfully wrong and I fail to see how anyone can refute that since our results and defence became woeful, and neither keep demonstrated that they're good enough to be championship footballers.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No he didn't

That's just a blatant LIE

Ferguson got rid immediately

No he didn't, he got the best years out of Rooney, another year out of Ronaldo when he wanted to leave. Cantona got away with things that wouldn't be tolerated from other players too. Fergie did what was best for the club, he wasn't scared to kiss arse every now and again.

• Like 1