Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last four games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last four games given you more confidence for the season ahead?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last four games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

• YES
    • NO

I'll be honest, I weren't overtly excited when we got him.

Nowt last year did owt to change me mind on that. 

But...he were dropped in after pre-season,  on his todd without his coaching team and largely had to do it all him sen, with a squad past its best and some quite obvious personality problems behind the scenes. 

Then this Covid thing.

But he's now been able to get his own team in behind the scenes.

Some of his own players and to me I'm seeing a difference already in effort , commitment and some better footy. 

It's gonna be a mammoth hard season and we'll lose some and play crap in some. But for me it's been encouraging,  and I think he deserves to be backed. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

The question is - are you more confident? And I am.

The signings (in the context of our current financial constraints) have been good. The coaching appointments have been good. Individual performances have been good. Team performances have been good (4 points out of 6 against two fancied sides is better than I had expected).

So it's a yes from me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

You realise Watford are pretty good at this level, right? A point is a cracking result.

Awful result Jamie. Another home game without a win leaves us rock bottom for home form in the league for the last 18 months.

Just not good enough if we want to go up this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

At the start of the season I said..."We have what we have"

Ive seen nothing to change my mind....We simply haven't got time to prat about changing managers and backroom staff.

You would have to be hyper critical to want to change anything at the moment.

We have started clawing it back....Its not going to happen quickly, and the more we meddle, the more time we lose...To me at he minute the common sense approach is to simply get behind the WHOLE set up

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

No, never wanted him as manager, still don't. 

That's basically saying "I'm putting my ego and self importance before being humble and backing the manager/team/club"

EVERYONE should be flexible enough to adjust their way of thinking according to what happens

For instance I was a massive fan of Carlos as our manager, wouldn't hear a word said against him and loved the football for the first season, but then realised we'd been had by slimy salesman type manager who was all smiles and handshakes, and adjusted my way of thinking to feel sick in my mouth every time I think about the mess he left

You should do the same (adjust your thinking after being presented with clear evidence of change) otherwise you'll just appear one of those prejudiced, stubborn fool types.

Don't be one of those mate

Be like ME

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Awful result Jamie. Another home game without a win leaves us rock bottom for home form in the league for the last 18 months.

Just not good enough if we want to go up this season.

Point is...joking apart Mr F....We have to look to a future....I'm not gonna disagree with you about the running of he club in the past...but you seem to hang on to that like a limpet, when it really is a time to release yer grip, even temporarily....

We simply haven't the time, the money or the players to change it quickly enough

• Like 1

Well done GM and the players, you’ve made an outstanding start IMO.

However,

The notion that 4 good results cancels out the previous 22 shockers is an interesting one......

Consistency and mental toughness are two factors that we’ve not shown for yonks, you can’t say you have those after 2 games against lower league teams and 2 in the Champ.

I’m still a “No” come back 10 games from now. Anyone building their hopes already is crazy.....

• Like 1

Just now, Morepork said:

However,

The notion that 4 good results cancels out the previous 22 shockers is an interesting one......

Consistency and mental toughness are two factors that we’ve not shown for yonks, you can’t say you have those after 2 games against lower league teams and 2 in the Champ.

I’m still a “No” come back 10 games from now. Anyone building their hopes already is crazy.....

The notion that 22 shockers cancels out the previous form before Christmas that got us to third is an interesting one......

Consistency and mental toughness are two factors that we’ve shown since coming into this new season/era 

Anyone still looking at a small select number of games last season and hanging onto them some sort of indicator is crazy.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

However,

Whats the option then?

Throw in the towel?

Get another manager?

Who?

Is it really time....and have we GOT the time?

I'll settle for f.ookin' "crazy" mate

• Like 1