Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last four games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last four games given you more confidence for the season ahead?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last four games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

• YES
    • NO

I’m sceptical about Monk.  The performances since Christmas last season were an absolute cluster****.  

We heard the excuses.  He now has his oWn back room team and has brought in new players.  Time will tell but so far we have done better than I thought we would.      I want Monk, the players and my team to succeed.  You never know; this could be a great season if the points deduction is overturned or reduced.  Let’s enjoy the here and now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The notion that 22 shockers cancels out the previous form before Christmas that got us to third is an interesting one......

Consistency and mental toughness are two factors that we’ve shown since coming into this new season/era 

Anyone still looking at a small select number of games last season and hanging onto them some sort of indicator is crazy.....

You’ve just emphasised my point there.

I was with Monk up to Christmas then what followed was nothing short of a disaster albeit one I don’t entirely blame him for. 

It will take more than four games to reverse that. And my opinion won’t alter every 3-4 games in bi-polar fashion like some on here..

Give me 10-12 solid performances, they don’t need to be wins and I will reassess.

You don’t even know how this team will react to a defeat yet.

in fact, in some ways we could be mirroring last season so there’s an argument to reserve judgement until after Christmas....way after. lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Whats the option then?

Throw in the towel?

Get another manager?

Who?

Is it really time....and have we GOT the time?

I'll settle for f.ookin' "crazy" mate

But that’s not the question is it. 

We aren’t changing manager and GM has made an almost faultless start. I’ve said that in my post.

Im saying I won’t increase my optimism levels off the back of 4 good results. In the same way I wouldn’t feel more discontent after 4 bad ones......

There are people feeling more optimistic today that will be feeling less so if we lose the next match, I don’t think that’s healthy.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What about 9 wins on the bounce?

Would you not reassess at that point?

I thought this was a poll, I had no idea the correct answer was just “Yes”

You’re being pedantic, however in answer to your question if we win 9 on the bounce I’ll be optimistic, after all we’d have played at least 14 games by then.

• Like 1

Still eary days but I'm impressed with the start we've made, the team has more of a togetherness than ive seen for a long time. A lot of that has got to be down to Monk and his back room staff so well done. Have we got enough to overcome the -12? Simple answer yes, have we got enough to push for the play off's? Dunno but, we have a team that is working for each other and playing with pride. Thats enough for me right now, buckle in guys its a long road we are on and we will have good and bad days up's and down's but come seasons end i really believe we have turned the corner and the good day's will be back. Come on Wednesday make us a family again.

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Needed a win today for a cushion when playing away, missed out on two points.

The club as a whole needs to be more urgent in its search for a goal scorer.  Should have been sorted for the start of the season. 

You do realise you can’t just click your fingers? Unless the club wants to just sign anybody or pay any inflated price then you’re gonna have to be patient, just like every other club has to be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Point is...joking apart Mr F....We have to look to a future....I'm not gonna disagree with you about the running of he club in the past...but you seem to hang on to that like a limpet, when it really is a time to release yer grip, even temporarily....

We simply haven't the time, the money or the players to change it quickly enough

You place far far too much importance on my posts. 🤣

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's basically saying "I'm putting my ego and self importance before being humble and backing the manager/team/club"

EVERYONE should be flexible enough to adjust their way of thinking according to what happens

For instance I was a massive fan of Carlos as our manager, wouldn't hear a word said against him and loved the football for the first season, but then realised we'd been had by slimy salesman type manager who was all smiles and handshakes, and adjusted my way of thinking to feel sick in my mouth every time I think about the mess he left

You should do the same (adjust your thinking after being presented with clear evidence of change) otherwise you'll just appear one of those prejudiced, stubborn fool types.

Don't be one of those mate

Be like ME

The stats dont lie. 5 wins in last 24 league games. My thinking is those stats are of a man who hasn't got a clue 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

He hasn’t managed 24 games though 

He’s been here a year 

Let’s be fair and honest here and not just cherry pick the stats that you want to pick out 

I believe his stats in his time here mirror those of Jos.

So whatever way you look at it he is very lucky to still be in a job. 

• Like 5