Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last four games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last four games given you more confidence for the season ahead?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last four games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

• YES
    • NO

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My point was more about the one game played where we set up well, played well.

OBVS

We are work in progress but I would agree the early signs are looking better.Still think we need an out and out striker , plus a defensive midfielder as minimum requirements. The team spirit seems to be there and the workrate.Just need that extra bit of quality.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

We are work in progress but I would agree the early signs are looking better.Still think we need an out and out striker , plus a defensive midfielder as minimum requirements. The team spirit seems to be there and the workrate.Just need that extra bit of quality.

Definitely

Lots lots better so far

Owlstalk Shop

Last season's gone now no point looking back, some new players through the door with hopefully more to come, players seem to have a different mind set, staying up is the only priority for me, happy so far f**k negativity lets get behind the manager and players in good and bad.......up the owls

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t blame GM for the way last season turned out. He stuck at it when all the cards were loaded against him. He put up with all the flack and personal abuse that was misdirected at him. Now that he has moved players on, and brought new staff and players in of his choice, it will be reasonable to hold him accountable.

He’s had a rough ride from many on here, that refuse to see the bigger picture, and base their opinion solely on results.

I have great confidence in GM and fully expect us to have a great season.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Why? We are clearly a team that suits playing away from home. I reckon we’ll get far more points away this season 

You can't rely on winning away the same as you can winning at home.  We need to start winning at home that is imperative our win rate at home since Christmas is deplorable and needs reversing its not acceptable and I would think all the staff at Hillsborough would accept that.

From what little I saw and heard yesterday we played at an upbeat tempo and took the game to them which I wholeheartedly applaud but the lack of a recognised on form forward(s) is hampering us.  Sort out those two issues and we can have a relatively decent season.

• Like 1

Personally no, it’s been a good start but it’s two league games. Yesterday also shows we’re still facing issues at home 

We also had a good start under Monk last time out and then failed badly in the end. 

I actually think the real test comes when we get back to zero. It’ll have been a Herculean task to do that in a small amount of games and the players need to avoid the mentality that they’ve done the hard work.

For me that’s where I would start to have more faith in Monk, get us to zero and then maintain form.

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Needed a win today for a cushion when playing away, missed out on two points.

The club as a whole needs to be more urgent in its search for a goal scorer.  Should have been sorted for the start of the season. 

i'd like to think we're loaning one in.

to attempt to go on without would be not learning from the period of fletcher's injury last season.

a defence cannot survive without an out ball. 

poor results and performances lead to more poor results and performances, and into a spiral.

we need at least one heavy handed striker.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Personally no, it’s been a good start but it’s two league games. Yesterday also shows we’re still facing issues at home 

We also had a good start under Monk last time out and then failed badly in the end. 

I actually think the real test comes when we get back to zero. It’ll have been a Herculean task to do that in a small amount of games and the players need to avoid the mentality that they’ve done the hard work.

For me that’s where I would start to have more faith in Monk, get us to zero and then maintain form.

we hadn't adequate forward cover, and we haven't now either.

i'm not sure the strikeforce we presently have will score enough for us to survive.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 18.18.49.jpg

QUICK POLL: Simple yes/no answer
Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last three games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

(ps If you think it's too soon to say then that would clearly be a 'no' vote)

No. To early to judge Monk especially after the teams performance last season. 10 games would offer a more correct assessment.

Already see a difference, may it continue. With Bristol City and QPR next in league, it is imperative we go international break with huge dent into the deduction. The signs are promising, if we can get to -5 or lower, all fans would have to see that as a decent start.