Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last four games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last four games given you more confidence for the season ahead?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Has the start that Garry Monk has made in the last four games given you more confidence for the season ahead?

• YES
    • NO

5 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Needed a win today for a cushion when playing away, missed out on two points.

Here are the two missing points:

1) Knowing our supporters, if they had a cushion when playing away then they would throw it on the pitch !

2) In the good old days that's what used to happen with many a cushion in the North stand !

6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The club as a whole needs to be more urgent in its search for a goal scorer.  Should have been sorted for the start of the season. 

In fairness, Watford are better than us.

I'd have taken a point today before kick-off.

Frankly, the fact that Chansiri retained Monk has horrified me.

But what I've seen in the first two games will hopefully prove me wrong.

I agree that we need more recruits, though.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

1 point gained today. We would have lost that game last season. Big improvement in the closing stages. We’re finishing games much better.

But last season we were one of the worst teams in the division. Using that as the benchmark is guaranteed relegation.

You we want promotion ? Well, promotion costs. Right here is where you start paying Izzy.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
12 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The club as a whole needs to be more urgent in its search for a goal scorer.  Should have been sorted for the start of the season. 

Why? We are clearly a team that suits playing away from home. I reckon we’ll get far more points away this season 

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Why? We are clearly a team that suits playing away from home. I reckon we’ll get far more points away this season 

Because the way Monk plays suits playing away. Despite our horrendous second half of the season we still managed to score goals regularly. Unfortunately our defensive form fell off a cliff both at home and away.

You compare the away record to the home. 15 goals scored in 21 championship home games under the managerial god that is Monk. 3, yes 3 goals scored in the first half of games under his charge at S6. Put it another way that’s 3 goals scored in 945 minutes of football.

Our defensive improvement better continue because if it doesn’t, we’re f***ed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jim said:

Because the way Monk plays suits playing away. Despite our horrendous second half of the season we still managed to score goals regularly. Unfortunately our defensive form fell off a cliff both at home and away.

You compare the away record to the home. 15 goals scored in 21 championship home games under the managerial god that is Monk. 3, yes 3 goals scored in the first half of games under his charge at S6. Put it another way that’s 3 goals scored in 945 minutes of football.

Apart from that though, we are on fire at home.

28 minutes ago, Jim said:

You know when you make statements like this do you actually think it through or read it back before pressing the post button?

What you've just said it basically like 'IF I JUMP OUT OF AN PLANE WITHOUT A PARACHUTE I WOULD BE F****CKED'

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You know when you make statements like this do you actually think it through or read it back before pressing the post button?

What you've just said it basically like 'IF I JUMP OUT OF AN PLANE WITHOUT A PARACHUTE I WOULD BE F****CKED'

It’s metaphorically speaking as you well know. The example you have made is true but not in the same context obviously. 

As I’ve said before it’s early days. We’ve knocked 4 points off the deduction and we’re on course for the -6 or better by the first international break that I would regard as a decent start. 

That said the home form is poor and you can’t just put that down to Monk bombing out certain players. There is something fundamentally wrong with how he sets us up to play at home. I mean come on, he’s just 2 championship home games away from completing a full season. We’re going to be nowhere near scoring 20 goals from 23 games. I mean how poor is that?

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jim said:

There is something fundamentally wrong with how he sets us up to play at home.  

Again with the nonsense statements in a bid to try and discredit the manager because of your anti-monk obsession

This season we've played ONE game

One game

Against Watford - a game where we were fully expected to get beat

We came flying out of the traps from the very first kick, kept a clean sheet, had serious possession, dominated them (particularly in the first half)

So please... stop with your nonsense statements - you're making yourself look very very silly

Owlstalk Shop

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You are being unfair, the poster said we need to improve defensively, thats true, we won't stay up otherwise. YOU NEED TO THINK IT THROUGH OR READ IT BACK BEFORE POSTING

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Again with the nonsense statements in a bid to try and discredit the manager because of your anti-monk obsession

This season we've played ONE game

One game

Against Watford - a game where we were fully expected to get beat

We kept a clean sheet, had  serious possession, dominated them (particularly in the first half)

So please... stop with your nonsense statements - you're making yourself look very very silly

We dominated them with 50% possession. 1 shot on target opposed to 3 for them. I am happy with the start but Neil you are talking absolute boolucks. Good start lets keep it going. The new Barcelona we aren't. 

• Haha 2

Just now, ZicoSterland2 said:

We dominated them with 50% possession. 1 shot on target opposed to 3 for them. I am happy with the start but Neil you are talking absolute boolucks. Good start lets keep it going. The new Barcelona we aren't. 

My point was more about the one game played where we set up well, played well.

OBVS

Owlstalk Shop