Wonderful Windass Wings Westward to Wicked Wednesday Winners!

1 hour ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Hooper, Fletcher, Nando, Joao 

to 

Rhodes & Windass

That’s some drop in class yet my season ticket remains at £640 

No longer in line with “premiership prices for premiership players”

Doesn’t matter how classy you are if you are on the golf course, in the treatment room, pedalling your bike......

Very underwhelming, but key to getting this to work, is the type of centre forward who will play ahead of him A lumbering target man type, and then it’s a pointless signing. Windass is going to need a quick mobile striker ahead of him, whom he can feed those little passes

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Struggling to get a deal for around 450k over the line, doesn’t exactly bode well. 

Isn't that more to do with Wigan's financial problems and paying Rangers outstanding debts? We have to have to wait till they sort that out.  I don't think its down to a problem at Wednesdays end.  

Whatever it is I wish they would hurry up.

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He's a good player as a number 10. 

Not as good as Hooper but he's still pretty good and a bargain at that price price. 

That’s where we could benefit from him, but as I said, it depends who we can find to play ahead of him

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He's a good player as a number 10. 

Not as good as Hooper but he's still pretty good and a bargain at that price price. 

We have Brown as the no 10. I think if he signs he'll play wide right. Unfortunately, Monk's system seems to be a 3-5-2, with two wing backs and a no 10 making up the 5. Problem is then who plays the two wing backs - if Harris and Palmer, it leaves only a striker position for Windas which I don't think is his natural position.

7 minutes ago, Animis said:

We have Brown as the no 10. I think if he signs he'll play wide right. Unfortunately, Monk's system seems to be a 3-5-2, with two wing backs and a no 10 making up the 5. Problem is then who plays the two wing backs - if Harris and Palmer, it leaves only a striker position for Windas which I don't think is his natural position.

In the 352 he would play in the two I think.

I know people are looking at the formation against Leicester and concluding Brown is number 10 but I think he will play as a number 8. Linking midfield to attack.

According to your theory the top 2 become wingers and I don't see that.

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I know people are looking at the formation against Leicester and concluding Brown is number 10 but I think he will play as a number 8. Linking midfield to attack.

I thought that was Browns strength was getting the ball in midfield and taking the game to the opposition, agree with you we have enough wide players, let's play him to his strengths.

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He looked poor with his back to goal, but could be effective in a role just behind the main striker. Also didn’t look dynamic enough to play alongside a main striker in a pair Possibly he could play in the old Guy Whittingham role, or the one he sometimes played for us Sort of wide right, but not actually a winger

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

We’ll play 3-5-1-1 and will next bring in a target man.

If we are to play with wing backs, that’s probably the system which gets the best out of him, and the rest of the players. The target man needs to also be a bit more mobile than our usual type of target man, more like a Drogba, than a Giroud, someone who has the pace to run in behind

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1