Wonderful Windass Wings Westward to Wicked Wednesday Winners!

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He looked poor with his back to goal, but could be effective in a role just behind the main striker. Also didn’t look dynamic enough to play alongside a main striker in a pair Possibly he could play in the old Guy Whittingham role, or the one he sometimes played for us Sort of wide right, but not actually a winger

If we sign a “target man” centre forward then surely Windass will play on the shoulder of the last defender with the centre forward playing a bit deeper. This will allow him to use his energetic running to press the defenders. 

24 minutes ago, Beholder said:

In the 352 he would play in the two I think.

I know people are looking at the formation against Leicester and concluding Brown is number 10 but I think he will play as a number 8. Linking midfield to attack.

According to your theory the top 2 become wingers and I don't see that.

No - I think the top 2 will be strikers in a traditional way.

On Saturday Monk played 1 really in Rhodes with Harris and Reach as wingers/wide men. Brown pushed up as the no 10 in front of BB and Luongo as the traditional central midfielders. I thought the formation was a bit unbalanced as the right side had Palmer in a deep right wing back with Reach in front of him, but Harris didn't have anyone behind him; which meant Van Atkin ended up covering the left wing back position. That's how I saw it.

29 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t think most would have an issue with that

Most won’t but there will be some that argue we don’t “play to his strengths” and that he’ll score a hatful if we do. I’d love for Rhodes to come good but I gave up on him ages ago. 

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Very underwhelming, but key to getting this to work, is the type of centre forward who will play ahead of him A lumbering target man type, and then it’s a pointless signing. Windass is going to need a quick mobile striker ahead of him, whom he can feed those little passes

Why are you underwhelmed, we have Jordan Rhodes to make his dynamic runs and one-touch interplay off of him? 

......................:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Rhodes and Windass 

The championship version of suarez and Messi 

Think we are being undercharged to watch such talent 

Get them prices put up Dc 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He averaged a goal every 264 minutes at Rangers.

At Wigan it was a goal every 434 minutes, although a goal every 270 minutes last season.

He averaged a goal every 156 minutes while on loan at Hillsborough last season.

How did his contribution work towards a winning team? 

Wigan improved after he came to us and in the 9 games he played for us, we won 1.